Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017

View: https://x.com/dragonage/status/1828476551488548897

I for one genuinely can't get over just how much better the character models look compared to ten years ago. Especially the hair.

GWAL8sZaoAIxCqQ

GWAL8saaoAAg3xm

GWAL8sabcAAd064

GWAMH--WQAAl2jd

A new standard for RPGs imo.

Tommy Showbiz

Jul 20, 2022
Fidelity is amazing, but I dunno if I'm really feeling any of these character designs.

Skelly guy is cool, but I'm super eh on the rest.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm sorry, are two of the companion options Vincent Price and Skeleton With Emerald Eyes?

Because that's the first time I've been interested in the game and it might push me over the top.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
What's with Lace always looking like she's been in a fight vs the others lol

Feb 16, 2022
I'm warming up to the look. The most recent gameplay stuff finally makes it look like it has some visual continuity from Inquisition. Just waiting to see if it's meaty enough to get at launch or if it'll be a fairly short experience all around.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Okay but that skeleton though. First party member that has interested me since Origins lol.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Yes, Bioware evidently took full advantage of not have to think about last gen or as far as DA is concerned, the 360 and PS3.

I don't like the art style. Looks very cartoony
DA has always been stylized.

I'm sorry, are two of the companion options Vincent Price and Skeleton With Emerald Eyes?

Because that's the first time I've been interested in the game and it might push me over the top.
By my knowledge they're a 2 for 1 deal like the Warden and their Griffin.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Manfred shows up in combat at all. Love this damn skeleton.

(A few people seem to think he counts as a companion but sadly that's not the case)

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, looks like they're using the improvements to hair/faces from FC/FIFA

Yes, Bioware evidently took full advantage of not have to think about last gen or as far as DA is concerned, the 360 and PS3.

Frostbyte was always a good engine that got a bad rep because EA mandated it's use to all it's studios but didn't provide enough support. The fact that is was created for FPS games and not all the other types of games that would end up using it just compounded on the difficulties.

I'm glad they are still using it and after all those years of hardship I hope it finally pays off not only as a cost cutting initiative but as a way to share tech between EA various studios.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
They look great indeed. Can't wait to get to know them all.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Frostbyte was always a good engine that got a bad rep because EA mandated it's use to all it's studios but didn't provide enough support. The fact that is was created for FPS games and not all the other types of games that would end up using it just compounded on the difficulties.

I'm glad they are still using it and after all those years of hardship I hope it finally pays off not only as a cost cutting initiative but as a way to share tech between EA various studios.
EA never mandated that its studios use Frostbite, it just provided that as an option for other studios besides DICE. Bioware jumped in because of much better it could make their games look compared to what they were using before even if they knew there were gonna be a lot of growing pains.

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
AFAIK Frostbite was in theory just presented as "cheaper" inasmuch as you're not paying for seats, support, royalties, etc. Like, it's not like you get a bigger budget just because you use an external paid SaaS.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
The lighting on Lucanis makes him look quite a bit worse in that first batch compared to the rest. Harding, Emerich and ofc Manfred are the standouts and Taash just doesn't look good in that one pic they keep using.