• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Going by the last "this month in dragalia" I'm pretty sure the other agito fights will be like Kai. Hopefully the master versions give us more of a challenge though.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not convinced that the other Agitos will be like Kai Yan. Okada clarified in This Month in Dragalia Lost that when he said Agito is meant to come before HDTs, he meant clearing Agito on Standard to get a 6* weapon from the first clear bonus to take into HDTs. Not the current Kai Yan situation where eKai is easier than pretty much any HDT. I think it will be more like eVolk, where the path is:

sVolk -> craft 6* 0UB weapon -> clear eHMS -> go around the HDT cycle until you can make a HDT T2 weapon -> eVolk -> MUB your 6* weapon

Because the alternative is that HDTs become completely pointless. Why would anyone play HDTs when they could play a much easier Agito fight that gives objectively better rewards?

I think the reason that eKai is so easy is that the devs realized they screwed up big time by making HJP such a nightmare by balancing it around Gleo so they went hard in the opposite direction to give the playerbase a way out of that mess.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeaaaaaah I really hope there is more of an actual progression to fighting the next few Agito. I understand why Kai lacked it, and I guess it's a bit of a moot point anyway given that once I finally get around to mHMS there's no real need for me to do another Master anyway (I'll have the materials a second water HD2 from Expert weeklies in a couple weeks since I had some leftover horns, and then probably get a second light one the same way). But still, I liked having a bit more of a challenge and working my way towards fighting eVolk felt notable to me.

In general, I still just wish there was more of an overall goal to Agito that's not just arbitrarily getting more weapons for the same element. It sucks that the original high dragon rewards (thinking about the hybrid dragons more than the fafnirs) were pretty lackluster for the time investment, but even they were a reason to keep doing it that I'd like to see from Agito? And then the high dragon weapon cycle was... probably far too much at once, especially with the original random drop rates. But it did provide several months of goals and a feeling of increasing progression towards doing Masters, and I liked that part of it!

Just trying to gradually get and unbind all 8 weapons isn't really appealing to me. I guess I should be happy that I don't feel like I have to sink as much time into the game lately, y'know? But it would be nice to have something to keep my attention, especially given how easy everything's been lately even separate from eKai. I'm still frustrated they haven't used the "everyone has fixed stats" thing introduced by MonHun to make fights that anyone can play with a reasonable amount of difficulty, instead of making it so that a relatively decent amount of strength outright decimates event content...

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
Um... after spending all my unbinding mats to max out my Dreadking Rathalos, I excitedly equipped him and am finding that he is showing up as Brunhilda in battle... Is this some kind of known glitch?

Oh.. it's Halloween Mym's ability? That's so lame. I wish I read into that before dumping all my resources into her, hahaha.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Um... after spending all my unbinding mats to max out my Dreadking Rathalos, I excitedly equipped him and am finding that he is showing up as Brunhilda in battle... Is this some kind of known glitch?
Nope, I use him and that has never happened. Although I guess I haven't tested him after the last updates so there might be some new glitch.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
So a few things about eKai Expert:

- Easily done with competent 7.8k + players, especially on PUGS.
- Most issues comes from the human form when making sure all of the users are within the ring-barrier to share the damage. Most people do not get into the circle in time, and end up wiping out most players by entrapping users in between the rings.
- Cleo is the best healer for eKai...period.
- Everytime I see a Aldred or Bellina, I cringe as a healer. Don't know if I should heal them or leave them alone at their 30% health.
- Same thing as Grace as the above....

Almost have my Gcleo staff maxed out, afterwards, I will focus on my Galex weapon next. Hopefully, they will add master difficulty to eKai and make him just as hard as Volk...

Yep... Big mistake, haha.

LOL, Mym is a one dragon lover (literally).

Surprised nobody else has flirted with Mym yet....

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, I'm still just kinda hoping that one day someone will call her out on how fucked up "Mym" actually is.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the whole bit where "Mym" was the companion of Alberius that she was jealous of and kinda stole the... name? Form? Identity? Of for her human form.

Oh I totally forgot about that, my personal head-canon is that that Mym and Euden's Mym are kind of the same, maybe when the original Mym was dying Alberius wished her to live on and then Brunhilda kinda absorbed her Mana/Soul or some other dragon-magic shenanigans but yeah maybe Brunhilda really was just jealous and now fakes Mym, some clarification would be nice eventually.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I totally forgot about that, my personal head-canon is that that Mym and Euden's Mym are kind of the same, maybe when the original Mym was dying Alberius wished her to live on and then Brunhilda kinda absorbed her Mana/Soul or some other dragon-magic shenanigans but yeah maybe Brunhilda really was just jealous and now fakes Mym, some clarification would be nice eventually.

I imagine whenever we get into flashbacks/visions about Alberius's time again it could eventually come up? Though I expect that, if anything, it'll just end up being a thing where the others notice the real Mym and ask about her. And then it becomes about working through Brun's jealousy, her now being her own person that they (and specifically Euden) value for who she really is, etc. etc. Maybe we get Gala Brunhilda or something. And... then she'll still be Mym with some quick excuse about liking how that form looks or something.

Which... that's good enough story-wise for me if it ever does end up happening; not really asking for much more than it being acknowledged even if it'll be kinda dismissed like that in the end, hah.

(side note: the wiki seemingly has story art for human Mym? but I can't tell if I'm just forgetting where it showed up, if it's in an adventurer story that I haven't read (very likely), or if it's just datamined...)

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine whenever we get into flashbacks/visions about Alberius's time again it could eventually come up? Though I expect that, if anything, it'll just end up being a thing where the others notice the real Mym and ask about her. And then it becomes about working through Brun's jealousy, her now being her own person that they (and specifically Euden) value for who she really is, etc. etc. Maybe we get Gala Brunhilda or something. And... then she'll still be Mym with some quick excuse about liking how that form looks or something.

Which... that's good enough story-wise for me if it ever does end up happening; not really asking for much more than it being acknowledged even if it'll be kinda dismissed like that in the end, hah.

(side note: the wiki seemingly has story art for human Mym? but I can't tell if I'm just forgetting where it showed up, if it's in an adventurer story that I haven't read (very likely), or if it's just datamined...)

I actually like your idea and wouldn't mind it that way at all. And hmm I remember seeing that art before, even ingame I think but I don't remember where o.o

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I had the bright idea to search for the ID in the file name (120134) on the Discord after some other searches got me nowhere. Seems the answer is: she shows up in Gleo's story? Was very confused since the wiki had it uploaded on January 14th; guess they just hadn't ever put it up till then, or in that size, idk.

Makes me think that I should get back to reading more stories; I kinda failed to keep it up after Valentine's, again. And Gleo deserves it after the ridiculous amount of time I've spent playing as her, so I guess I'll check hers out later and see what happens in it...

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I had the bright idea to search for the ID in the file name (120134) on the Discord after some other searches got me nowhere. Seems the answer is: she shows up in Gleo's story? Was very confused since the wiki had it uploaded on January 14th; guess they just hadn't ever put it up till then, or in that size, idk.

Makes me think that I should get back to reading more stories; I kinda failed to keep it up after Valentine's, again. And Gleo deserves it after the ridiculous amount of time I've spent playing as her, so I guess I'll check hers out later and see what happens in it...

Right that's it, I saw it in Gleo's story!

ahdurian

Oct 25, 2017
i feel accomplished while in quarantine

i've finally beaten the eHMC and eHBH both for the first time
as well as was luckily to have a supporting team and finished standard for both Agito fights

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
We're talking about 6+ month old content here that is destined to be made obsolete by the way Cygames set up Agito rewards. (which I think was a mistake, but here we are) Agito weapons are objectively better than HDT weapons so once a new Agito comes out the corresponding HDT turns into a wasteland. I have absolutely no idea how that Shadow clear compares to a Light team clear time in mHZD because who even does that fight anymore? eKai is easier to clear and has better rewards. I doubt you could find any videos of Light team mHZD clears post-CCA update. I know I haven't seen any.

Plus we're often comparing Shadow with all of its Mana Spiral upgrades and new characters designed to be competitive with the old characters who got these upgrades against elements that haven't gotten the same treatment. Water is old and busted, and it is the only element in the game without an affliction punisher in place. Light got some good characters around Christmas/New Years, but they are way behind on dragons, still without a Skill Damage dragon.

This past weekend I did a Tobias/Hawkx3 mHMC clear that finished in 1:05, much faster than the Shadow clear in the blog post. Wind Agito weapons will almost certainly bring clear times under a minute. The post itself doesn't even bother with mHMS, since Fire has actually gotten Mana Spirals of its own and Agito weapons and can clear quite quickly on element.

If Shadow teams were straight up better than an on element team consisting of characters with Mana Spiral upgrades and Agito weapons then I'd be worried. But that doesn't seem to be the case. We're comparing the most recently upgraded element to elements that haven't had anything major happen with them in months.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
If shadow teams were straight up better than an on element team consisting of characters with Mana Spiral upgrades and Agito weapons then I'd be worried. But that doesn't seem to be the case. We're comparing the most recently upgraded element to elements that haven't had anything major happen with them in months.
I don't think it's pointing out that Dark is better; but shows there are now budget options for tackling mHDTs and gaining access to stronger HD2 weapons before their Chimera/Agito counterparts become available.

I know my Wind/Water/Light teams are equipped with a combo of 0UB HD1 or 0UB 5T3 weapons. eHDTs are a challenge to farm and mHDTs were not even a possibility.

CyGames has already started to enable players easier access to HD2 with Horns now being included in Weekly Chests. These "Dork Teams" just let players break into the cycle faster with reliable team comps. I've been really enjoying these interesting Dark teams comps and the possibilities adventurers like Grace allow for.

Stryda

Aug 20, 2018
To be fair its not like anybody played Master HJP anyway, if they did they're likely doing a cheese strat or doing it solo though I do still find pretty consistent clears for expert/master brunhilda

Seanjeezy

Oct 30, 2017
Seattle
I need to be more selective deciding who to 70 mc I ran out of crystals trying to level up eizelith so hopefully there's a double drop avenue of power coming up soon lol. Also managed to pull grace in 2 singles which I'm super thankful for since I wasn't able to get galex and burned through my entire wyrmite and ticket stash chasing her...

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
That ain't Sarisse, it's Laranoa!
tenor.gif

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Hello, do summon vouchers expire at some point or can I safely keep them for a showcase/banner of my liking in the future?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
There were... 2, I think, vouchers for 10 summons in the past that did expire, but they were announced like that and you'll definitely see people talk about it here if it happens again.

They haven't done that in half a year and at least 1 was specifically compensation for a glitch around summoning, so it made some amount of sense to have it expire. Even in that case they lasted a month, anyway.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was strange but I didn't see any /s or anything so I wasn't sure. My humor sensor is broken it seems, probably needs to be charged.

That being said, a tanned Summer Sarisse, though...yes please.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018

Numberfox, we need an update on your F2P NOTTE mega hoard. Have you hit 300k yet?

Not quite yet. I've got some endeavors and Wyrmite I can still grab in some places, but I'm 10K short right now.

AEfieaY.jpg

There's also the adventurer and dragon wyrmite; I only take the Wyrmite from the welfare/story adventurers and dragons, so I'm missing maybe 6K Wyrmite from the stories I haven't looked at from the gacha adventurers/dragons I technically have.

I probably missed Wyrmite and a tenfold from events where I couldn't clear the hardest content in, such as the Fractured Futures Omega or the Master Challenge battle in facility events when it was first introduced. That user uses the stuff they get from free daily tenfolds on top of the 5-star vouchers, so his overall account power level is undoubtedly higher.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Was thinking of doing a 10 pull or two for Grace but luckily got her with my daily! I can immediately see how she's so good - I didn't realize that her life shield is basically extra HP, rather than effectively a bigger normal shield. Even just throwing her into my slapped together raid team (I finally did Omega tonight so I had to ditch the Fafnirs+Euden) made me get decently far into eKai on auto before it fell apart, so after actually putting some thoughts into their prints and making her a 6* it should hopefully go much better!

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to snag Grace this morning. Now I can auto solo eKai... mostly.

I'm using Ieyasu/GAlex/Patia/Grace and the success rate is spotty. Part of it might be that I have a Chimera weapon on Patia, though after a few more clears I should be able to upgrade her to an 0UB Agito weapon. I also don't have Odd Sparrows on Ieyasu or GAlex at the moment, instead opting for poison punisher prints. I have managed to clear four times, but I find it works best for me if I pay attention to nudge the AI in the right direction. Sometimes Ieyasu just gets stuck on the boss when trying to go after Crushing Cataclysm. Whenever the spheres spawn the AI just deactivates since they want to target the spheres but they aren't actually vulnerable right away. So I need to watch and just nudge them over to the boss so they'll actually do something.

Vilifier

Oct 25, 2017
CyGames with all these bait banners before FEH.

I'd been hoping Lazry would become an Adventurer; but Grace already baited me so Lazry will need to be skipped. But that hidden 4* Rokkan in the background . . .

Whenever the spheres spawn the AI just deactivates since they want to target the spheres but they aren't actually vulnerable right away.

So that's what's going on. I was wondering why they were all dancing at eKai's feet not doing anything when the spheres appeared.

Last edited:

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Kinda weird from Cygames to ask us about voices in future videos. Isn't that the reason why we have 2 channels? And as one of them said in the replies, they should include who voices who in the english videos and not just the japanese ones.

Last edited:

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Considering the poll results so far, this is apparently a very evenly split point of contention.

wy7Z53N.jpg

Here's the tweet: