• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
Now introducing reverse sparking: if you summon 300 times on a single banner then you aren't allowed to pull anymore.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Please stop. I'm going to have nightmares.

ONE MINUTE TO GO! Check back with you all after I finish watching the whole thing!

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pvp. Yeah this is where I completely drop the game

jasno416

Oct 29, 2017
LOL

So many goodwill gesture gifts. I got 91 million rupees, 400K eldwater, consecrated water up the wazoo to name a few...

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
2 things

1. I'm suffering, fucking 2 offhand mentions, what were the last 2 months of weekends wasted stressing out forrrrrrrrrrrrr (about 3k wyrmite apparently, but)

2. you're all suffering with me :)
time attack again babyyyyy

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
SPARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

*ahem*!

Now that I got that out of the way, lots of really interesting stuff in the digest, I really need time to go through it all. The only disappointment I have is no collaboration information/reveal, as we got one from each of the prior Dragalia Digests, but as a whole I couldn't be happier. Honestly sparking alone saved it for me, not I don't need to stress over being unable to pull Gala Zena, haha.

The PvP actually sounds pretty cool since it dosen't seem to be P2W at all.
Yeah, it's handled perfectly since you don't use your gacha adventurer/dragons or farmed weapons in it, so everything is kept separate and everyone is on a level playing field (not taking skill into account, of course). I normally hate PVP, but I'm kind of interested in trying this out. It looks like it could be decent fun.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
  • Graphical update looks..mixed. I like the direction, but it feels...low res? Blurry? It just looks poorly executed in some videos and looks good in others.
  • Spark, finally. Same system as GBF, down to the number.
  • Weapon changes are neat and were desperately needed. Was impenetrable for new or lapsed players before.
  • Wyrmprint changes again seem good, but not sure if they're that amazing for balance. Still gonna be min-max'd to hell and back due to the structure of the game. But streamlining is always appreciated.
  • Streamlining the difference in co-op and solo rewards. Appreciated.
  • Guns are what weapons should have been from launch and add variety to those that use the same weapon type.
  • PVP is shit. Battle Royale in a gacha is even more shit. No thank you. At least it's not whale bait.
  • No collab is a bit of a bummer.

Overall, a lot of streamlining, which was desperately needed. Not enough for me to get back into the game, but honestly almost every change is welcome, at least from an outsider's perspective.

Xequalsy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pvp. Yeah this is where I completely drop the game
It's not like it's gonna be "important" to the game as a whole, just an extra bonus mode that looks pretty fun if you like pvp

Lots of good changes. Looking forward to trying them all out.

The new story teasers are really hype.

Oct 25, 2017
Sparking, finally. I'm glad we finally have it. A bit surprised at the lack of a collab, but the upcoming story stuff sounds really cool.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought we'd get this:

as the stream pretended to end, only to get a "SURPRISE, ZELDA COLLABORATION!". I kept checking the remaining time, but when it got closer and closer to the end I began to lose hope.

As mentioned I'm still happy overall, just a little less so.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
mhmm I do think they've set a precedent for collab announcements but I also feel like people randomly overhyped themselves for Zelda just due to that TGS stream lineup? that didn't have to mean anything

now I wonder if that stream will just be a rehash of this but aimed at non-players, maybe

Oct 25, 2017
mhmm I do think they've set a precedent for collab announcements but I also feel like people randomly overhyped themselves for Zelda just due to that TGS stream lineup? that didn't have to mean anything

now I wonder if that stream will just be a rehash of this but aimed at non-players, maybe

The middle part of this already felt aimed at non-players. I'm not sure why they felt like a Draglia Digest needed a section introducing us to the Imperial Onslaught and Void Battles.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They probably wanted to be welcoming to people who were maybe overwhelmed with starting the game, so the "new player" bit was understandable. Given the Version 2.0 we're getting along with all of the changes, I can definitely see more than a few people picking the game up, either for the first time or as a return/lapsed player.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the stream is for a Switch port? MY first assumption of the change to cel shading was to make it look better on larger screens.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Switch port with Link as an exclusive character to use in Battle Royal Mode. $14.99 to download, but F2P afterwards.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I've been waiting for this
kyUFQGS.jpg

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
it's gonna take so much time to work out how to rebuild every single team slot...

I went back to FF14 after reading every notice and going over my weapons, because all the different costs was too intimidating tonight and I was annoyed that I lost things I had specifically gone out of my way to get skins of

but I guess I gotta try PVP too, hmm

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've got a lot of grinding to do to unlock these weapons yikes. I figured at this point I would have enough materials to upgrade a lot of them but I finished upgrading the fire core sword and already ran out of materials lol

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
So has anybody figured out how to unlock weapon abilities?

I love how this new system was meant to make things easier but now everything just seems more arcane.