• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
What's the latest on the reworking of the weapon crafting system? The overwhelming weapon system is the only thing holding me back from actually playing the game instead of just doing daily logins.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
What's the latest on the reworking of the weapon crafting system? The overwhelming weapon system is the only thing holding me back from actually playing the game instead of just doing daily logins.

...if you're overwhelmed by it in general, I don't think that's necessarily going to be affected by what they'll probably be doing? If you're at endgame, all you need to think about is 6* and to a lesser extent HDs; if you're not, you just need to think more about Chimera weapons. There are requirements for making these, but they are not particularly complicated imo. If the issue is seeing all the possible weapons listed and not knowing what to make, it's definitely frustrating that it's like that, but you can actually just ignore like 95% of the Void weapons (anything that isn't from Manticore/Chimera/dragons) and be fine.

For me, the issue with the crafting system currently is just that there's nothing to do with my rupies except dismantle things (sometimes after going out of my way to craft them for requirements/skins), which takes forever and just piles up resources I can't actually ever use. Crafting rework should hopefully make dismantling+enhancing faster, but I don't know if they're going to address the wider issues like having a billion materials that can only be used for regular 5* weapons. Nor do I think they're going to outright get rid of worthless Void weapons (they even keep on adding some), so I expect solution for that is just gonna be organizing those menus better.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
T3 weapons need both a cost reduction and a stat bump. It costs more Twinkling Sand to create a T3 Mlb core weapon than it does than a mlb Agito weapon.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I wasn't really expecting to get such a thoughtful reply back, but I'm surprised and grateful that they did. Made my day. ❤️

kJy04yQ.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
A gyaru? My wyrmite isn't safe!

All of these Zelda hints, though. I wonder if it's telling us that the next collab we get might be Zelda-related...

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Thats definitely the Sheikah symbol, very interesting. Between that and the phone she is using im very curious of her backstory.

The swimsuit tanlines are a bit much though lol

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Having now compared the symbol to the Switch case that is a few feet away from me: yeah that really is just that symbol, huh! Wonder it they're actually gonna do anything with it or if it's just gonna be a visual gag, but I'm hoping for this story to be a fun time either way now.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
finally finished omega 1, next time I will try to do it earlier

Here's hoping the next event isn't like the second fire emblem one

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
New characters might be Fire and Shadow?

The tweet that goes over the dragon-only mode has Brunhilda/Cerberus/Zodiark/Shinobi as the party. Perhaps with this event being solo-only it will have two elements instead of one.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they will do another Bridal banner. If not I'd at least like to see Mana circles for W.Aoi and W.Xania

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Nadine's S1 idea is really cute. Because she wants to take selfies with other people, it's more powerful when your teammates are nearby...

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
So Dragalia is now a literal Gyaru Isekai judging by Nadine's adventurer info, unless only the Sheikah Slate/EyePhone is the Isekai protagonist. The clear reason to pull for Nadine is to make every adventurer want to take selfies by skill sharing.

Also, Linnea's story is apparently fully-voiced? The most probable reason is Linnea was recorded before they made the decision to stop them, and they didn't want to introduce the 6th shadow blade until now, since we got Durant and Aldred during the non-VA period, but maybe they're also testing the water on seeing pull desirability for fully voiced adventurer stories, seeing how many popular Linnea is relative to Nadine.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
They look good, but I'm more interested in Lowen getting his mana spiral

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Louise and Lowen were fated to get their spirals at the same time. Even Cygames couldn't pass up such an obvious opportunity.

Melody is sure to make a lot of folks happy since she was arguably the most popular 3-star until everyone started building Xania as an easy means to break into eVolk/mHMS.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
did lowen really need the spiral? He still seems the premier green healer

makes it even easier to do consistent eCiella runs, if nothing else

I'll probably be doing it for that reason (and because I'm fond enough of using him for stuff), though hopefully I don't have to finish upgrading Ranzal still since I'd rather not spend even more rainbow orbs after Lowen...

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Lowen was already pretty decent for eCiella auto, so making that more consistent will be nice especially since it would be nice to take advantage of his Crit rate double buff co-ab.

If only I could get my hands on 30 more Tempest orbs

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I dont mind that this event is kinda braindead and grindy since you can auto the whole thing..
But the reduced rewards are awful. 10 wyrmrite per endeavour? Why so stingey all of a sudden eurgh

Especially since I just blew all of my resources failing to pull Nadine

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
No Champions Testaments is ridiculous. What were they thinking?
On the plus side there are 100 rainbow orbs.
But yeah the rewards on this event are severely lacking, I reckon the negative feedback will make them improve it in future though. This is the first event of its kind after all.

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
The 10 wyrmite thing is a major bummer :/. Will see if it's a continuing thing when the monthly void quests hit or not, but hopefully it's a one time deal that they'll not repeat.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The only way I see this being reasonable is if they're going to have another event running simultaneously within the next week. Not even being 50 Wyrmite per endeavor is crazy.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
The only way I see this being reasonable is if they're going to have another event running simultaneously within the next week. Not even being 50 Wyrmite per endeavor is crazy.

Yeah i hope so, this kind of event would be a nice thing to run alongside raid events since you can use your stamina on this and your wings on the raids. On its own its really lacking

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
We'll know for sure by the end of the weekend when we generally get an announcement for the following week's Astral Raid if there's going to be one. If there's no mention, that means we'll at the very least get a raid re-run that week.

I can understand cutting back on rewards, especially if they plan to implement sparking (I can spark 15 times right now on my F2P NOTTE account if it's 300, literally 7-8 sparks a year based on how much they've given us), but this is a pretty severe reduction.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
The story chapters also only give 15 wyrmite instead of 25.

I suspect they think that they give away too much wyrmite relative to the available rolls... and from a purely business standpoint, they probably do? I know I'm sitting on 160k wyrmite (which comes out to over 1,300 rolls!) and that's not including the stacks of tickets that are sitting in my inventory. I suspect long-time players have gotten a ton of free currency (whether they have it or not is another discussion) and at least for me, there isn't enough to burn all that currency on (never mind having to dig into my wallet and buy any).

However, dialing that back without having the community lose its shit is going to be... difficult. From a design standpoint, they would probably be better off putting in something (or multiple things) that would use wyrmite more quickly, either directly or indirectly. I suspect the recent skill sharing change was driven in part to try to encourage players to blow through their eldwater, which in turn would encourage more drawing.

(As an aside, talking about the designs of gacha games and how they're engineered to maximize expenditures is... uh... kind of gross?)

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The only way I see this being taken well is if they introduced or announced sparking at the same time as the reduction.

There are other monetization methods available, but the shop rarely gets updates, and they've been adverse to adding much. We have a weapon skin system which is perfect for adding purchasable cosmetic weapon skins for Wyrmite/Diamantium, but instead all skins have been free since the update and we didn't even get a re-run of the New Years paddle they sold year 1, which legitimately has a lot more value to folks now that you can use it as a skin on your actual weapon. They pledged to give every event a new theme song, but until they're added to the Compendium that's a lot of work for only 2-3 weeks of a new song. You could add the option to buy these tracks (again for Wyrmite/Diamantium) for us to use during battles or menus. Just having something small like buy-able decoration items for the Halidom (could literally just be the option to buy more of the event ones we get from facility events) would generate a little income for next to no development work, but the shop has barely changed since launch in terms of monetization options.

The most significant addition was the 6* unbind brick, which was made pretty low value since 6* unbinds carry over.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they haven't gone into selling skins at all -- especially character skins. They do them in some of their other games (such as Granblue and Deresute) and they seem reasonably popular, especially given how expensive they are (about $25 or so per skin -- they do come with a free ten-roll in both games, but still). It would be more work in terms of developing art assets, animation and implementing them into the game but it would also be a higher-ticket item they could add to the shop (and it's something that players could show off in co-op) that would probably carry move value than the current bundles. Seriously, how many bricks and keys does one person need? Sunstones are the only thing that's even remotely appealing, but I don't get the impression that most Dragalia players would pay $40 for a sunstone, even if it came with $40 in currency (whereas I know of a bunch of Granblue players who would absolutely jump on paying $40 for a sunstone and a 10-roll in that game -- which I guess says something about how engaged the player bases are).

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I don't think costumes are super likely because once they've made one, it makes a lot more sense for it to just be a new alt given the work that was put in, especially if new animations are involved, since then it can also be skill shared. Weapon skins, songs, and event decorations are all things the game has already implemented but hasn't monetized yet.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
The new 4* WP makes me think they could do something with the Wedding Belles again. I know we at least had a log in bonus last year.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
The current banner only runs until the 21st/22nd, so I assume we'll get a wedding banner after it. I suppose we could get a dragon banner or something as filler instead, but that seems like an awfully long time for what is normally a filler banner since I'd expect the next banner to run from the 22nd through the end of the month.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
makes it even easier to do consistent eCiella runs, if nothing else

I'll probably be doing it for that reason (and because I'm fond enough of using him for stuff), though hopefully I don't have to finish upgrading Ranzal still since I'd rather not spend even more rainbow orbs after Lowen...

I need to get into this scam. I think I have all the pieces and on the 15th I should get the eldwater I need.

Luckily Lowen is 4* so the spiral doesn't require as much gold paper.

I love Louise but she is staying as that until I get more testaments.

e: and of course, if she is significantly better than joachim

No Champions Testaments is ridiculous. What were they thinking?

I suspect they consider the testament issue solved with the fafnir medals.

Last edited: