• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is the bathroom incident the reason for all the hate because I mean that seemed to be more of a lack of common sense than anything else.

Maple-Rebel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 15, 2018
They added this recently. Or at least, I noticed it recently. Just click the three dots next to a channel on the browse list and you can ignore it.
I blocked that sleazebag SayNoToRage. You can't find the channel even if you search for it. I wish Twitch would actually ban him entirely, but this is good for now.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
if it really was DMCA, he can't just easily get unbanned. It would set a bad example for the rest of the platform, as everyone has been on edge and if Twitch simply sweeps it under the rug they'll be hypocritical of future cases.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
if this has to do with DMCA then its hard to have sympathy. twitch has been warning people about DMCA violations for literal YEARS at this point

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is the bathroom incident the reason for all the hate because I mean that seemed to be more of a lack of common sense than anything else.

It's the biggest excuse. Imagine not knowing what happened at all and reading the first page of this thread. It sounds like he had a series of hidden cameras installed in a public bathroom to film the children he lured there.

He is gross, and I've never watched any of his content for more than 15 seconds. I don't like him at all, but the absolute hate he inspires in era is hilarious.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
It's the biggest excuse. Imagine not knowing what happened at all and reading the first page of this thread. It sounds like he had a series of hidden cameras installed in a public bathroom to film the children he lured there.

He is gross, and I've never watched any of his content for more than 15 seconds. I don't like him at all, but the absolute hate he inspires in era is hilarious.
I mean it's Era everyone here hates everybody. At least it seems that way lol.
Ha can't argue that.
Racism is cool I guess (based off of that Uncharted thread and other threads in OT, it is).

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact people are legit defending this man just makes me want to fucking vomit.

"Haha, he's joking and playing a character."

Yeah, fuck that. You know who else people say is playing up and being a character and he's not actual racist and stuff? Donald Trump.

So yeah, fuck off with that.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019

Do you think there are valid reasons why Dr. Disrespect is problematic? If you don't know some of the events people have mentioned as a reason why they don't like him, perhaps learn about them before making blanket statements as a form of deflection.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The fact people are legit defending this man just makes me want to fucking vomit.

Yeah, fuck that. You know who else people say is playing up and being a character and he's not actual racist and stuff? Donald Trump.

Who is defending him for playing a character in this thread?

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I would rather know the why before dismissing it as a case of Era overreacting. That feels kind of lazy to me.

It's actually pretty rare that I don't agree with the Era hivemind for wanting to "cancel" someone, as it's usually tied to flat-out sex abuse, racism, homophobia or transphobia.

I know that Dr.Disrespect has been accused of using cheats (and admitted to it?) and was temp. banned for hosting a session in a public bathroom. Not cool. But this month he's putting all his profits to BLM non-profits, and this thread has a couple folks accusing him of being racist.

Some of my former employees are huge fans of this guy, but that's the extent of my knowledge. What did he do?

Oct 25, 2017

There are a lot of shitty obnoxious people who have large followings on Twitch and I genuinely don't understand the appeal. The whole idea of Dr Disrespect playing "a heel" streamer sounds like the most unappealing thing in the world to watch, but he clearly brings in a large audience and I just don't get it.

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Inflammatory Community Generalizations

It was stupid, but yeah, nobody on this forum cares about anybody's ability to redeem themselves once they've done something stupid in the past. It doesn't matter that he's done more with his platform for social justice in the month of June than just about any other streamer out there, and certainly more than everyone condemning him.

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Sounds good. He's a piece of garbage and his "persona" is just the same thing as FChamp. He just hides behind the dumb costume to get away with being his natural garbage self.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of shitty obnoxious people who have large followings on Twitch and I genuinely don't understand the appeal. The whole idea of Dr Disrespect playing "a heel" streamer sounds like the most unappealing thing in the world to watch, but he clearly brings in a large audience and I just don't get it.

It's also incredibly dangerous when he's doing racist shit and spreading conspiracy theories while 'being in character'. And yet, people will fucking hand-wave it because "haha, funny character, lol".

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It was stupid, but yeah, nobody on this forum cares about anybody's ability to redeem themselves once they've done something stupid in the past. It doesn't matter that he's done more with his platform for social justice in the month of June than just about any other streamer out there, and certainly more than everyone condemning him.

That's certainly commendable. It's also important to show remorse and admit you were wrong in the past. Which is why all the people ganging up on someone like Jenna Marbles was so vile to me. Dr. Disrespect, as far as I know, has never shown remorse or admitted fault for his takes in the past.

There's also a point that he has specifically been sharing COVID-19 5G conspiracy theories to an audience that is impressionable and young. And the country he and I live in is going through a crisis about COVID-19 and dumb takes like his only serve to make the situation worse.

Are these reasons for him to be arbitrarily banned? Based on how Twitch works, no.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
He should have been banned permanently a while back, but I'm very curious now. Putting aside the hot takes, I think it's interesting to understand *why* he got banned. He's a bigger name streamer that the platform has treated as bulletproof considering how they welcoming him back following the bathroom filming. Streaming is in a very murky place with DMCA stuff, so I want more details on this story.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Was he spreading more Covid 19 + 5G conspiracy theories? Inappropriately going to toilets whilst live recording? Or was it something even more sinister?

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

He's kinda of shit person. Like, I don't know how you can read about some of the stuff he's done and come away with "meh, who cares?" It doesn't matter that he didn't have cameras set up. Dude was at a public convention. Children go to these things with their parents, teenagers as well. Why the fuck does it make a difference whether it was a stationary camera or a Go Pro? Being a dumbass and not knowing common sense doesn't absolve someone of their wrongdoing.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to guess he's broken some kind of contractual obligation. He's not been quiet about himself or others going to Facebook Gaming, Mixer, YouTube, etc etc. So I'm wondering if Twitch found out he was doing something with another company he was not supposed to do.

You don't get a perm for showing a boob or dick, or for saying horrible stuff on stream. And if those were the case, it'd be all over Reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.