• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AdiGrateles

Dec 6, 2017
Season 2 of the Black Dynamite cartoon had an intro filled with 30 seconds of fluid, fast-paced action. Apparently, a big name anime studio was behind said intro, which was why it came out so smooth.

Oct 25, 2017
Tampa
Ooh, I get to post a few that have not been posted yet.

Underdog

The Banana Splits

Eventually all 1980s cartoon themes will be posted here
The Centurions

Milo Murphy's Law

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
I really like the intro song from the Kidd Video intro.

damn! exactly what I came here to post. Did not think anyone else would remember this show... as usually nobody does. And I only remember it specifically because of the intro.

I loved that show when I was a kid.

Found this a few days ago:

"I was on this cartoon in the 80s called Kidd Video. This was our....erm....theme music.... "

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017

A sped up version of Italian Leather Sofa by Cake

By influential Jazz guitarist Sonny Sharrock

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
bruh. WHAT the hell. how is this thread STILL missing so many 90s classics? okay, let's fix this a little

how about starting with some specially-commissioned 90s indie rock with The Adventures of Pete and Pete, the same show that introduced michael stipe and iggy pop to clueless kids everywhere-that-ran-nickelodeon? this one feels like a wonderful period piece
Well this thread is about cartoons but yes the entire soundtrack to The Adventures of Pete and Pete is legit amazing and I still regularly listen to it.

All the music was recorded by Mark Mulcahy of Miracle Legion. He created a fake band specifically for the show.

Also you forgot to mention that the Rocko's Modern Life theme is by The B-52's.

Lewpy

Oct 28, 2017
Thundercats. not even a contest.

You saved the first page from being a disaster. I can't believe it took nearly 30 posts for this to be mentioned.

Edit: Not sure if it has been posted as there are some good ones here already. But I think this underrated series had a decent intro.

Also this, although I like it more for the theme than the visuals.

Last edited:

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite as musical as the others, but just as iconic IMO. One of the GOAT cartoons to come out of the USA.

Also I'm partial to this

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Holy shit that Ulysses Redux :D

Alright let's hope these haven't been posted before, only managed to check the first page for now:

Oh the last one just reminded me lol, years ago I made a cartoon intro megamix with FLstudio, maybe someone likes to play "guess the OP" with it :D Doesn't sound like it, but it took a lot of work.

edit put in a reserve for silverhawks, which already was posted multiple times lol

Last edited:

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
Season 2 of the Black Dynamite cartoon had an intro filled with 30 seconds of fluid, fast-paced action. Apparently, a big name anime studio was behind said intro, which was why it came out so smooth.

That would be Studio TRIGGER, or at the very least one of the major directors from there. They also did the awesome OK K.O.: Let's Be Heroes opening posted earlier in the thread.