Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So finally buckled, decided to buy it after seeing direct feed and reviews... And now Amazon doesn't have it available?! Smeg.

Was defo available earlier today. Wanted it physical and wanted it tomorrow. That seems to me like they have no more stock right? Gotta be good sign.

Guess I'm going to have to go outside to a... Shop.. Building... Thing to get it tomorrow.

Good news that Amazon are sold out. I pre-ordered with Amazon and still not shipped which I'm surprised at. I got prime as well.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So finally buckled, decided to buy it after seeing direct feed and reviews... And now Amazon doesn't have it available?! Smeg.

Was defo available earlier today. Wanted it physical and wanted it tomorrow. That seems to me like they have no more stock right? Gotta be good sign.

Guess I'm going to have to go outside to a... Shop.. Building... Thing to get it tomorrow.

Don't know why but you post made me smile.

Well sonny, Back in my day we had to use our legs, brave the elements, and dare I even say speak to another living being if we wanted to get a new game.

:)

Edit: if Amazon is sold out do you think Bethesda printed a low or large quantity of supply? I hope large amount and it sold out.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know why but you post made me smile.

Well sonny, Back in my day we had to use our legs, brave the elements, and dare I even say speak to another living being if we wanted to get a new game.

:)

Edit: if Amazon is sold out do you think Bethesda printed a low or large quantity of supply? I hope large amount and it sold out.

Not a huge amount but a decent one I believe. That's however a good sign and I think that Bethesda will be more interested in its performance during the holiday season that in its first week.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was about to post that I was worried because my order hasn't shipped and then the notification popped up! Yay!

Yoma

Oct 25, 2017
Hope Doom does well but I have still got some college work to do and SMO is already stealing a lot of my time lol

chrono321

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I would love to support this remarkable port but my motion sickness is getting out of hand lately... I'm really sad that my 3d shooter times seem to be over...

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
I would love to support this remarkable port but my motion sickness is getting out of hand lately... I'm really sad that my 3d shooter times seem to be over...
I'm also afraid about my motion sickness (which comes and goes), worst case I will pass this on to one of my daughters (who has her own Switch), she has no problems whatsoever with motion sickness in FPS.

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best OT. The Dark Souls comparison got me lol.

Just starting the game for a second run, on Ultraviolence!

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So hyped for this. Preloadet it yesterday and waiting for unlock in Europe.

Someone knows what time that would be?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Oh neat, this morning Amazon said it would ship tomorrow and I'd get it Tuesday, but now it's shipped and it says I'll get it tomorrow.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I must have totally missed that when I looked. But that's great news thanks! Can't wait!

I tried to take a screenshot but apparently you can't in the eshop... weird... Anyway it's in the description of the eshop listing: "With the pre-load feature, you will be ready to play when the game launches on 11/10 at midnight (EST)."

Finjitzu

Oct 25, 2017
SK Canada
Finished on PS4 last year, defo my GOTY 2016. But can't justify $79.99 CAD right now. Hope for a sale soon.

If they did $40 for campaign and $40 for multiplayer as DLC. I'd jump in for $40.

Still super excited to play this again on Switch.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I just got a chance to play the game for about 15 mins (so a little excited, I know) and - holy mother of god, the game looks INSANE! Switch games have no right to look this good.

I am surprised by the vitriol in another Doom Switch thread here, because this runs incredible, and looks phenomenal - on my 50 inch tv. I only experienced the other versions in form of HD videos on YT - I only own a Switch and this purchase was 100% worth it. Yes, if you own it on PS4 and graphics are your main concern then maybe you just need to stick to a more powerful console, but at the moment I am having a lot of fun with this and preparing for this magical moment when I finish the session intact in my bed in few minutes.

I have seen bringing up Borderlands 2 port on Vita quite a lot but this comparison has no place here - this does not feel compromised in any way. You may argue about 60FPS but for someone who did not play this on other systems this makes no difference. Anyone else who is double dipping is probably doing so for portability.

One gripe - yes, joy con controls are not great. This game is literally begging for gyro implementation from Splatoon - Panic Button, pls - it would be a crying shame to not make this a patch.

I loved Vita but everytime there was a cross platform game / part of franchise it was a checklist of concessions - Doom on Switch feels like it was made almost ground up for the system, not like a port.

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Ah I'm torn between buying this physical (for the amazing box art) or Just jumping on the pre-load. Are we required to download the full game or can I download the single player separately?

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just got a chance to play the game for about 15 mins (so a little excited, I know) and - holy mother of god, the game looks INSANE! Switch games have no right to look this good.

I am surprised by the vitriol in another Doom Switch thread here, because this runs incredible, and looks phenomenal - on my 50 inch tv. I only experienced the other versions in form of HD videos on YT - I only own a Switch and this purchase was 100% worth it. Yes, if you own it on PS4 and graphics are your main concern then maybe you just need to stick to a more powerful console, but at the moment I am having a lot of fun with this and preparing for this magical moment when I finish the session intact in my bed in few minutes.

I have seen bringing up Borderlands 2 port on Vita quite a lot but this comparison has no place here - this does not feel compromised in any way. You may argue about 60FPS but for someone who did not play this on other systems this makes no difference. Anyone else who is double dipping is probably doing so for portability.

One gripe - yes, joy con controls are not great. This game is literally begging for gyro implementation from Splatoon - Panic Button, pls - it would be a crying shame to not make this a patch.

I loved Vita but everytime there was a cross platform game / part of franchise it was a checklist of concessions - Doom on Switch feels like it was made almost ground up for the system, not like a port.

Thanks. Just what I expected. Kinda how I felt watching a guy on the train today playing NBA 2K18. Looked phenomenal.

Deleted member 22422

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had a little go when it unlocked at midnight. I'm not a stickler for resolution but, boy, it's blurry in handheld mode. Started to forget about that and have fun as I played, though. Feels really good.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks. Just what I expected. Kinda how I felt watching a guy on the train today playing NBA 2K18. Looked phenomenal.

2K18 does look phemomenal most of the times - though the story mode feels like it's struggling - very sluggish, but that may be terrible animation and direction. In matches however the game just looks crazy good even without the cloth physics (which even iOS version has, apparently) - again, a lot of people cried about 30fps but it never feels like the game is incomplete because of that.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like in the North American eShop, Doom has gone from not being in the Best Sellers to showing up in the last slot. So that seems promising. It'll probably go up a bit more as we pass midnight and go into tomorrow.

Here's hoping the first of the three Bethesda games sells well. It would be great to see another third party feel confident about bringing more titles to a Nintendo platform again.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For gyro aiming to work, it needs to be contextual ala Zelda or Steam controller schemes that activate gyro when your thumb is touching the right pad, or have a button dedicated to re-centering, ala Splatoon. Otherwise, the gyro drifts, and you are sad.

It's not something that you can just drop into a game that wasn't designed around it, unfortunately. :-/
You can drop it into just about any 3D game, but you need to dedicate a button to activating gyro only when held. I usually set my games up so that lightly holding the left trigger activates gyro and pulling the left trigger all the way activates ADS, but you can't do that on Switch
Well, then as long as you have a way recentering the aim on the fly, gyro would work well.
Ideal would be IR aiming but I'm not seeing anyone adding wiimote support...
Dual analog with gyro assist is way better than Wii IR aiming for FPS games

Oct 26, 2017
Well it looks blurry, no point in downplaying that. But man it is kind of surreal how many effects were actually retained. Also, controls in portable are fine. Just finished an online match with over 20 kills. It works fine, mostly fluid.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I have this on PS4 and never completed it. All I've done is watch Switch videos on this. This console has seriously pulled me in hard.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've heard a few people mention subpar controls with the joycons. What's the issue?

Sardello

Oct 30, 2017
60€?!!! I'm never gonna buy it at full price...

I couldn't resist and after 30 mins only I feel confident enough to say that it's awesome:(

I've tried it in handled mode and still can't belive what I've just played in my hands

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
I preloaded the game a few hours ago. Does it unlock at 12 AM EST? Would like to know since I'm on the West Coast and I want to play at 9:30 PM my time.

tazmin

Oct 30, 2017
It seems like the game sold out on Amazon UK since it's now using a third party supplier and no longer Amazon Prime exclusive at the moment

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the overall vibe in this thread so much more positive than the review thread.

The reviews aren't even bad...

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it. Loved the game on PC. Already have the "perfect" version, but i want to kill demons in my bed or in downtime at school. I also want to support the incredible effort of putting this game on a 9W machine.