• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of multiplayer action here:

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
Double post, I guess, but more DOOM footage in an hour (5PM EST).

www.twitch.tv

Bethesda - Twitch

Welcome to the official Bethesda Twitch channel! Tune in for all things Starfield, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, DOOM, DEATHLOOP, Dishonored, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Hi-Fi RUSH, Prey, Redfall, Wolfenstein and more.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I've been kinda eh on Battlemode but I'm watching the preview stuff from yesterday and it actually looks pretty dope

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I've been so bored this year, no games have really jumped out at me at all so I'm really ready for this now.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Are master levels DLC? I just heard them say that the one they're playing on is a pre-order bonus and that they'd release more over time so it's weird when they also mention you can unlock them by beating the levels first like you can just unlock them through normal play.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
Master Level footage looked so insane today.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Any word on photomode?
I will probably leave RE3 and FFVII for the end of the year, but this one I want to play at launch.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I finished my first playthrough of Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 yesterday, I needed some Doom in my veins and right now I feel like... I just want more of the same, straight to the action, no talk or walking, just monster after monster

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Photo mode is in on consoles and PC.

Awesome. The first one can produce some great images

4Zp7MGx.png

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
I couldn't remember the release date but knew it was coming soon. Maybe 5 days ago my spotify started having a doom eternal commercial on all the time. I got excited and thought how did I miss this being out already must be the first day. Get online and see March 20. Wasn't paying attention to the "preorder now ending."

Not cool Spotify, not cool at all.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Man, this is painful to watch:

Yikes, that was bad.

I blame the marketing folks and even coordinators. How many people do they suspect are basketball fans and Doom fans? They'd be way better off inviting any well known Doom Youtuber to demo their game. They'd produce way more compelling game play, far better commentary and be genuinely excited for the opportunity too.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I cant fucking wait.

The last time i was this excited over a game was bloodborne.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Been trying to get through my current gen backlog with November looming large, so haven't been buying many new games this year, but I'm getting this.

Doom 2016 was one of the best FPS experiences this gen imo and Eternal is looking better again.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yikes, that was bad.

I blame the marketing folks and even coordinators. How many people do they suspect are basketball fans and Doom fans? They'd be way better off inviting any well known Doom Youtuber to demo their game. They'd produce way more compelling game play, far better commentary and be genuinely excited for the opportunity too.
To be fair I don't think they're trying to market to Doom fans as much here. Between this sort of thing and the odd-fitting soundtrack selection for their TV spot it's clear they're really trying to catch the attention of the more casual/wider audience. Whether they're successful in doing so or not is another matter.

The audience for a Doom YouTuber playing Doom is pretty much going to be someone who's already planning to buy Doom Eternal. Feels like they've done a solid job giving those sort of content creators some access to the game anyway.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
To be fair I don't think they're trying to market to Doom fans as much here. Between this sort of thing and the odd-fitting soundtrack selection for their TV spot it's clear they're really trying to catch the attention of the more casual/wider audience. Whether they're successful in doing so or not is another matter.

The audience for a Doom YouTuber playing Doom is pretty much going to be someone who's already planning to buy Doom Eternal. Feels like they've done a solid job giving those sort of content creators some access to the game anyway.

Still, someone like TheSpudHunter, GmanLives or Civvie 11 would do a better job at showing the game's potential and what it's about to those casual players. Then again, their names don't resonate as well as whoever they had from the Celtics, among those who aren't familiar with Doom.

Having Markiplier and jacksepticeye demo the game a week or so ago was definitely a smart move, especially Mark since he legitimately loves the franchise.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Are master levels DLC? I just heard them say that the one they're playing on is a pre-order bonus and that they'd release more over time so it's weird when they also mention you can unlock them by beating the levels first like you can just unlock them through normal play.

I think day 1 there is pre-order one and Master variant of every campaign one, then they add more custom ones over time.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017

Hugo Martin playing the Master Level version of Map 3 in Nightmare.

It looks so goddamn good.

Oct 27, 2017
I really love the references to Doom history in the Doom cave. Having that skateboard (Doom guy was playable in one of the Tony Hawk games) was unexpected yet awesome.

Can't wait to see what more cool stuff they have in the game. I am hoping for Doom 3 weapon skins and classic weapon styles from Doom 1,2 and 64.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I'm super excited! It's gonna be fun to alternate between Animal Crossing and this. The best kind of whiplash.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very sick and traveling right now but I played the PAX Demo so no time for long impressions but the game is straight fucking fire.

Metalmucil

Aug 17, 2019
I love all the Doom games for various reasons, I love the level design they've shown here, the graphics and art direction look fantastic, the options available look great. Sorry if this sounds like a concern troll, I am getting really excited for this, but with all the new vids popping up ... it's SOOOO fast, to the point where I'm actually worried if I can even play it. All the preview vids are just insane with all the constant enemies and 360 degree movement. I can't even tell what's going on. I can't follow what the person playing the game is even looking at, much less what they are doing or what they are keeping track of. I mean, I love games like Shadow Warrior and Serious Sam, but this seems like a whole new level of speed. Can you all follow this stuff? Am I just getting old? Am I alone in this?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need this game in my damn veins right now. Beat 2016 on UV again the other night in preparation
I'm just about done doing the same. Can't wait for more Doom. And DLC this time, good lord. I want to only play Doom for the rest of my life.

I love all the Doom games for various reasons, I love the level design they've shown here, the graphics and art direction look fantastic, the options available look great. Sorry if this sounds like a concern troll, I am getting really excited for this, but with all the new vids popping up ... it's SOOOO fast, to the point where I'm actually worried if I can even play it. All the preview vids are just insane with all the constant enemies and 360 degree movement. I can't even tell what's going on. I can't follow what the person playing the game is even looking at, much less what they are doing or what they are keeping track of. I mean, I love games like Shadow Warrior and Serious Sam, but this seems like a whole new level of speed. Can you all follow this stuff? Am I just getting old? Am I alone in this?
Doesn't look any faster than 2016 to me. They're just actually promoting it on PC this time rather than console.

dlauv

Oct 27, 2017
It will be fine if you play it on the lower difficulties. What footage are you watching? Master Levels (recent youtubes posted) are played on Nightmare.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

The demo that Hugo played was a Master level on Nightmare. Basically the hardest mode possible, hence why everything was absolutely mind numbingly fast.

I don't know, this is what I want. Balls to the wall insanity. Everything cranked to twelve, fuck eleven. I couldn't be more hyped. This and Prodeus look soooooo good. I hope these games spark a Renaissance of sorts for these types of old school shooters. I'm tired of all the scripted, cinematic bullshit.

I'm a 31 year old "Boomer" gamer too. My Destiny buddies (who are 19-24) call me a dad gamer, despite me not being a father or married (I work full time unlike them).

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Like few mentioned latest footage is on Nightmare Master

1) Nightmare == Enemies are very aggressive (shot every second) and every hit hurts A LOT

2) Master == More enemies per encounters from whole pool, it's why there is Cyberdemons on 3rd map of the game

Don't do Master level and crank that difficulty down notch or two and you will be fine. Game slows down when enemies attack less frequently and don't hurt so much. It still should be faster game than DOOM 2016, but not require level of twitch and movement that it does on Nightmare Master.