• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Is this the first time in a year they've actually added something worthwhile?
I dunno, this is what they released in the past year. You decide.
  • Brawl Brothers
  • Breath of Fire
  • Breath of Fire II
  • Crystalis
  • Demon's Crest
  • Donkey Kong 3
  • Eliminator Boat Duel
  • F-Zero
  • Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
  • Journey to Silius
  • Kirby Super Star
  • Kirby's Dream Course
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3
  • Kung Fu Heroes
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Operation Logic Bomb
  • Panel de Pon
  • Pilotwings
  • Pop'n TwinBee
  • Rygar
  • Shadow of the Ninja
  • Smash Tennis
  • Star Fox
  • Star Fox 2
  • Stunt Race FX
  • Super EDF: Earth Defense Force
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Super Metroid
  • Super Punch-Out!!
  • Super Puyo Puyo 2
  • Super Soccer
  • Super Tennis
  • Vice: Project Doom
  • Wild Guns
  • Wrecking Crew

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
Hell yeah, this means they haven't forgot about the classics and makes me feel confident that they will add GB/GBA come September.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
The Immortal?
That one game AVGN ranted about recently?
WHY.jpg

Why not more worthy games that hold up, like Zanac, Lunar Pool, Shatterhand or Recca Summer Carnival?
They've gotta be pulling titles out of a fucking hat at this point.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Immortal was one of the first games to ever be let's played, by Slowbeef on Something Awful's LP forum I believe.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they fix the scanlines. Since the last update, the scanlines are uneven.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Could had just released the entire DKC trilogy at once ugh, but I'll take it.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, the Immortal is Piko, not EA. Though I'm a bit surprised there's no issues with leaving the EA branding all over it.

(Though in a mostly unrelated note I guess that means InXile might have full ownership of the Bard's Tale)

As for the English Shin Megami Tensei translation, I was always under the assumption the app was based (or was emulating) the GBA version, so that wouldn't help us here (would love some confirmation on that if anyone knows). Atlus absolutely needs to find a way to release that again though, it's insane that they went back and translated one of their flagship titles that we missed in the 90s and now it is no longer officially available.

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
I dont know this is worth celebrating. It should have been there from the start. This drip feeding is garbage.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
lol who was asking for the immortal

dkc is cool, though really all 3 dkc's should be on there by now

looking forward to getting earthbound someday

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Big fan of obscure titles, and more natsume means SCAT and Harvest Moon goodness is coming our way... and hopefully the miracle Lufia II. Piko's still pretty meh to me but I do hope it leads to 8 Eyes eventually which will definitely be worth it. Never heard of Immortal before so I don't know how it is, but I do love some super obscure games. Seems to be launching earlier in the quarter this time around too: I didn't expect another update until August, so I guess outside of a potential Sept direct update, this is it until October/Q4 based on current patterns.

But eh, DKC is here too but honestly it was literally inevitable. I have no idea why people thought it was coming due to demand or that Nintendo were weird for not releasing it right away. It's been playable on every system since the GBC for crying out loud. It and the sequels were inevitable additions, moreso than SMRPG due to Squaresoft and Earthbound due to potential of a collection/anniversary deal. Kirby Super Star and Super Punch out weren't launch games, but they came out a bit later... so why did people get mad over DKC taking a tiny while to come out. It's not even that great of a SNES platformer compared to the sequel.

Though shit now that I think about it, Nintendo is almost dry out of games: for some odd reason, they don't have many of their JP only titles out on the service for whatever reason, so no FE 2-4, Super Famiwars, Detective Clubs, Murasame, or Sutte Hakkun. I don't know what's up with that, but in the US side of things, they're almost out: DKC 2/3 are pretty much it save for second party stuff and Mario All Stars (Which was datamined).

Maybe they'll just retire the first party SNES stuff and go with more obscure gems every month for 2021? I'd really dig that, a year to mostly just third party gems that people can play and experiment with for the first time. Though I'm craving GB-GBA stuff too...

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect another round of games until next months so this is a mildly nice surprise and DKC is on there so a little less complaining from people.

What are the remaining titles that were on the SNES Classic that aren't on NSO?

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Didn't expect another round of games until next months so this is a mildly nice surprise and DKC is on there so a little less complaining from people.

What are the remaining titles that were on the SNES Classic that aren't on NSO?

The Squaresoft games, Konami stuff (the ones on collections, same with Capcom's Mega Man X), and Earthbound.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Good news, hopefully this means the other two DKC games aren't far behind, as well as Super Mario RPG.

I don't expect third party stuff though like FF/MM/Castlevania. We'll probably get mobile ports of the FF games unfortunately.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only the first game? God, Switch Online is one of the most underwhelming subscriptions in gaming.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Piko's still pretty meh to me but I do hope it leads to 8 Eyes eventually which will definitely be worth it. Never heard of Immortal before so I don't know how it is, but I do love some super obscure games.

As far as Piko's catalog goes (I don't expect we'll be seeing the Wisdom Tree games), I'm hoping for SNES Drakkhen myself. Another generation of players needs to be traumatized by the horrible screeching shadowmen/shadowdogs/beasts that fall from the sky in that game.