jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
is it safe to say Trump only gets worse as time goes on? His racism seems to get all the more plain.

He's an old man sitting and watching Fox News and tweeting from there. Of course the racism is getting worse.

And half the country still thinks he's better than Obama simply because he's white. The US is a joke nation.

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
Trump and the right are going to get these women killed.

Ilhan Omar said on a podcast (Intercept i think) that she's ready to die if it comes to that, she's not afraid. she is more brave than the whole lineage of Trump combined.

it's just complete madness that totally harmless and decent politicians like her and AOC have to worry about getting killed.. utter madness.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
Imagine a world where this stain is no longer tweeting.....

I mean we'll get there in a few years, right?

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It's pretty obvious who he meant. She's coming to their defense.

Seriously if she'd said something along the lines of "all immigrants are Americans" we'd be jumping down her throat that she didn't specifically mention them.
I mean, one of them is Ayanna Pressley. Like, is "go back to your country" a line levied at Black people? I usually only hear it levied at brown people. If it is something often utilized in anti-blackness, then fair enough, I'll take back what I said as, yeah, it is obvious then.
Tomorrow? They're pulling this today.
Shamelessly too.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
1.You can't be more overtly racist. Fuck you, you cunt!
2.When will Pelosi change her mind and start to draw up a plan for impeachement? He gave her 1000 reasons already to do it, what's wrong with her?

Moderate Democrats from swing districts think it will kill their re-election chances, and older Democrats who were in Congress for the Clinton Impeachment think it will make Trump stronger.

It's a broken system because it's based on political calculus instead of a simple reading of the law.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, one of them is Ayanna Pressley. Like, is "go back to your country" a line levied at Black people? I usually only hear it levied at brown people. If it is something often utilized in anti-blackness, then fair enough, I'll take back what I said as, yeah, it is obvious then.
Shamelessly too.
"Go back to Africa" is a common racist thing to say, yes.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
if the spin can be used effectively then it is a valid reason since impeachment wont remove him from office. I'm in favor of whatever path gets Trump out of office fastest.
I don't know when will you people learn.

Republicans have zero morals. They will spin anything into whatever they want. You can never get them to work with you, you will never stop them from lying and cheating and doing literally anything to get their way.

That is no reason to just sit there scared shitless doing nothing.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
if the spin can be used effectively then it is a valid reason since impeachment wont remove him from office. I'm in favor of whatever path gets Trump out of office fastest.

You're still operating under the assumption that we're living in a sane universe.

At this point Republicans can use any spin effectively, as their base is nothing but racist mouthbreathers, the opposition does nothing but tut-tut them while also enabling them, the media just unquestioningly reports whatever they lie about, and a large portion of the general populace just goes along with things because they don't care either way.

"We can't impeach because if he's found not guilty the people who lie about everything and say how great they are and how everything is working out great despite it being apparent that these are lies may use it to their advantage" is nonsense.

He could be found entirely guilty, but all it would take would be him and his enablers saying "actually, the house and senate are very biased against him, it was very unfair to him, fake news," and half the populace would be okay with it.

All this political algebra is useless when the truth doesn't matter. All you're doing is letting them continue to erode the very concepts of truth or right and wrong, making it exponentially harder to impeach in the future.

Deleted member 22490

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Republicans have zero morals. They will spin anything into whatever they want. You can never get them to work with you, you will never stop them from lying and cheating and doing literally anything to get their way.

It's frustrating that people don't understand this. Republicans are bad faith actors. They will always try to spin things in their favor no matter what. We need to stop worrying about what they might say.

Jan 10, 2018
Actd like a white supremacist, talks like a white supremacist, hires white supremacists.

Probably true. You can do many things in German, but dodging taxes? You're in for a legal ride you'll never forget.

Deutsche Bank was the only bank loaning Trump money, a bank wellknown for tax dodging and their influence was big enough to get authorities declared insane and fired.

Oct 27, 2017
The house should be censuring Trump for being a racist right now, but they won't because Pelosi is a weak, do-nothing, ineffectual leader.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I have to wonder if the plan for Indigenous tribes throughout America is just to "ship 'em off to China," since they are clearly foreigners from those lands, not like the white Americans that have always lived on this continent.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017

That has...nothing to do with what I said. I'd not be trying to convince republicans of anything, I'd be trying to convince everyone else. If you're telling me that politics and propaganda have 0 influence on an election then yeah, we're going to disagree here. People who voted for Trump or didn't vote at all either need to change their vote, or vote dem next election. Politics will effect that and nothing you say will 'educate' me to believe otherwise.

You're still operating under the assumption that we're living in a sane universe.

At this point Republicans can use any spin effectively, as their base is nothing but racist mouthbreathers, the opposition does nothing but tut-tut them while also enabling them, the media just unquestioningly reports whatever they lie about, and a large portion of the general populace just goes along with things because they don't care either way.

"We can't impeach because if he's found not guilty the people who lie about everything and say how great they are and how everything is working out great despite it being apparent that these are lies may use it to their advantage" is nonsense.

He could be found entirely guilty, but all it would take would be him and his enablers saying "actually, the house and senate are very biased against him, it was very unfair to him, fake news," and half the populace would be okay with it.

All this political algebra is useless when the truth doesn't matter. All you're doing is letting them continue to erode the very concepts of truth or right and wrong, making it exponentially harder to impeach in the future.
Again, Trump's hardcore supporters aren't anyone's focus in the context of this argument. Yes, Trump will try to spin anything, some of that spin is effective as polls show, and some of it is ineffective. There are millions and millions of people that don't fall into one extreme or the other regarding Trump. If I were in the same mindset as you I could say starting the impeachment process would only satisfy those who already hate him and would also accomplish nothing.

In reality I see the benefits in both approaches, but there is some merit in waiting before moving forward with an impeachment. You're naive if you don't think no political points can be lost on independents if that doesn't pan out properly.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
"Prove Trump is racist! Go on! Show me ONE example of Trump being racist!"

Anyone that says this shit now is a piece of shit. No debate. No discussion.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
"Prove Trump is racist! Go on! Show me ONE example of Trump being racist!"

Anyone that says this shit now is a piece of shit. No debate. No discussion.

People that ask you these things are not doing so in good faith. Trump has long ago revealed himself to be racist. There's a "but actually" for anything you could bring up. Do not look to these things as validation to prove these people wrong, but rather as further evidence that this man must be taken out of office.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
does trump really expect these two to be able to do what he thinks they ought to do or is this just another bald faced racist statement by president stable genius?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Not a single federally elected Republican besides Amash, who is no longer a Republican, has condemned the tweets.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Not a single federally elected Republican besides Amash, who is no longer a Republican, has condemned the tweets.

The Republican party is just going to continue in an accelerated spiral of being a race-based party. It's going to be crazy to see the Republican party in 50 years being nothing but white people, while everyone else is a Democrat by default, and they'll STILL win Federal elections due to the electoral college, with crazy results like, "Republican President wins, despite losing the popular vote by 250 million."

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Decorum is done. These women should come out and berate this racist piece of shit on tv

Nomu

Oct 27, 2017
That's what the message has been all along.

Only white people are "real" Americans.

It's only a matter of time before this crusty roach just straight up say that word for word himself and people will still defend him.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Again, Trump's hardcore supporters aren't anyone's focus in the context of this argument. Yes, Trump will try to spin anything, some of that spin is effective as polls show, and some of it is ineffective. There are millions and millions of people that don't fall into one extreme or the other regarding Trump. If I were in the same mindset as you I could say starting the impeachment process would only satisfy those who already hate him and would also accomplish nothing.

Please note that I specifically didn't just single out Trump's supporters.

1) Trump does/says something terrible/a lie.
2) The media reports it verbatim.

Independent voter: Well, they would have said something if this was bad/a lie.

3) The Dems tut-tut whatever but take no action.
4) The media reports "critics say _____"

Independent voter: Well, it can't be that bad, they're just bickering, it's probably just normal politics stuff.

5) The dems end up funding Trump anyway, or dogpiling on Trump's target for some reason.

Independent voter: Ah, yeah, I was right. Just politics. Both parties are just doing politics.

If everyone keeps acting like this is normal, it will be normal to the independent voters.

Oct 27, 2017

Meghan McCain @MeghanMcCain

This is racist. And I see Trump people are trying to spin this to just be about Rep. Omar, but we all know that's a lie. But even if it were just about Rep. Omar, it would still be racist. We don't tell people we've welcomed into this country to "go back." https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1150381395078000643 …

1:16 PM - Jul 14, 2019

Once again, Pelosi gets owned by Meghan McCain of all people.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

Meghan McCain @MeghanMcCain

This is racist. And I see Trump people are trying to spin this to just be about Rep. Omar, but we all know that's a lie. But even if it were just about Rep. Omar, it would still be racist. We don't tell people we've welcomed into this country to "go back." https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1150381395078000643 …

1:16 PM - Jul 14, 2019

Didn't she recently say she was still going to vote for Trump?

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
There's been nothing left to say about Trump for a while now. We know he's racist and he's going to keep saying and doing racist things. And anyone arguing against those facts is arguing in bad faith. But the Democrats aren't beginning impeachment processes and their prominent members are also criticising progressive candidates. They're just not being cartoonishly racist about it.

ShadowFlare

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We've moved from strongly worded letters to strongly worded tweets. When will people learn that words mean nothing unless you back it up with meaningful action?