• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Just saw this on the David Pakman YouTube channel and had to roll my eyes.

Essentially, Trump is writing tweet-sized statements (that are already on Gab), releasing them as "statements," then having his kids quote them on their own Twitter accounts.

(Edit: Trump Jr. tweet removed so I don't signal boost him and add to the problem.)

Do you think Twitter will act on this fairly quickly as it's clearly in violation of the "spirit" of the ban? Or will they drag their feet once again?

Last edited:

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wish this forum had a trump tag so I could choose to ignore any threads related to him. It's nice to take a break.

Edit: Not saying anything regarding this thread's existence

ajszenk

Dec 6, 2017
Whatever. He's just screaming into the void at this point. His kids don't have nearly the following he had and this just seems so pathetic. Hope he gets his kids banned too.

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
I don't think it'll have the same impact being done in this way and the reach itself is obviously neutered, but it's clearly him trying to get around the ban so it'll be interesting to see if Twitter actually does something. Just ban his kids.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
tenor.gif

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I don't really see how this is enforceable, you'd also have to ban anyone posting Alex Jones clips or Milo's latest horseshit, etc. The logistics would be a nightmare and that's not even getting into automating this, where they'd need to look at screenshots of text and deduce whether it came from Trump's digital stationery.

also lol @ "save America", wasn't aware of the new doomsday slogan.

Garp TXB

Apr 1, 2020
I mean, I wouldn't want all Trump threads banned. If and when he gets into serious legal trouble (beyond what we know now), I'd love to discuss that here

FatalT

Banned
Feb 24, 2019
User banned (permanent): Inflammatory attempt to rile up community; circumventing rules

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I wouldn't want all Trump threads banned. If and when he gets into serious legal trouble (beyond what we know now), I'd love to discuss that here

News about them is fine but you really don't need to post Trump Jr's tweet here.

I don't think the thread topic on its own is a problem

Sieffre

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I was thinking this after that pathetic statement he put out yesterday or whatever. He's just using his "office" to make Tweets, and media outlets are signal boosting it for him. Dude needs to be deplatformed completely. We shouldn't be signal boosting his shit here, either.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
That's ridiculous. He's a former President. He won't go away and needs to be combated.

It's insane to compare gaming figures to actual governing bodies & leaders
What is platforming the dudes press releases combating? No one needs 4 years of Trump subtweeting Biden through his kids. If he dies or goes to jail make a thread otherwise whats the point.

OP
OP
DyslexicAlucard
Oct 26, 2017
I don't, your thread is raising and discussing the problem which is appropriate.

Thank you for understanding why I posted it. I originally wrote a longer response, but I don't want to derail the thread into a tangent on the very first page, lol.

Coverage of Trump is certainly something worth discussing. But I feel pointing out he's trying to find a way around his (well deserved) deplatforming is important.

Even more than that is how Twitter chooses to respond. We need to keep their feet to the fire.

Last edited:

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
We really should stop making topics about him. We keep giving him shine and I think we should move on.

Hopefully he's banned again from Twitter to keep down his noise.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The sheer desperation would be hilarious if it wasn't coming from such a vile piece of shit.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I'd be more upset but the kids have no sway and barely anyone pays attention to them.

I find it more pathetic than anything that Trump can't quit Twitter.

OP
OP
DyslexicAlucard
Oct 26, 2017
News about them is fine but you really don't need to post Trump Jr's tweet here.

I don't think the thread topic on its own is a problem

I was thinking about that. I ended up using it so that I had an example in case someone didn't have time/the ability to watch the video. I can certainly remove it or replace with a screenshot. My purpose certainly wasn't to boost people like him.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
Isn't it incredible a former POTUS has to resort to workarounds to post on social media?!? Get fucked Trump.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I don't know if I would describe this as a "loophole," because then we're essentially arguing that not only should Trump be banned from Twitter, but so should all conversation of Trump.

If Trump is so desperate for attention that he's authoring "statements" from his "office" and his children, sycophants, and pundits that just can't let go of their addiction to his every word are talking about them on the platform, then I'm not sure what Twitter can or even should do about that.

I'm of the mind that Trump himself being banned from the platform is a universal good. But then the work falls on us to...stop giving a shit about what that man says. Because he's going to keep spewing shit until the day he dies.

OP
OP
DyslexicAlucard
Oct 26, 2017
Thread title is a little misleading, no?

Hmm, I was trying to find a way to word what happened that would fit in the title. I'm open to changes.

Honestly at this point I'm getting anxiety about even starting this thread. I may just request it be closed if people oppose it that much.

Again, I just started it to point out he's trying to avoid his deplatforming and to keep Twitter accountable. But if others feel differently, I'll let it drop.

andrew

Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest indication that this doesn't matter is that it isn't new. he's done a few statements like this going back a month or so.

they don't get nearly as much traction/interaction filtered this way and have been largely ignored.

also I don't think this violates the ban or anything. if twitter were to ban this they would also I guess have to ban accounts like parlertakes or magacope or whatever. sharing content involving or featuring banned parties that comes from outside a site isn't the same as a banned party using a site.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Report that tweet and get on. Let's not waste too much time and effort on those ghouls.

Status
Not open for further replies.