• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro

and

Lesgoooooooooooo
source.gif

Wracu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ridiculous statements like that just lower my hype.

...I'm still hyped though.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Donald Glover but come on... that's some ridiculous hyperbole. Let the viewers make those statements.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Man in love with self claims things he produces are amazing

Get the latest scoop here!

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
You call it hyperbole, but Atlanta is some of the best shit I've ever watched. I believe it.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Please don't go full Kanye, Donald.

But I believe him.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I think Glover might be the one celebrity that I'm okay with making statements like this. Anyone else and I'd just be annoyed.

Atlanta is magical.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Lakeith, Tyree Henry, Beetz, Glover x2, Murai... Yes, make those statements. Are you kidding me. That just means they're putting their foot into this shit.

Lets go.

KuhJyec.gif

ConfusingJazz

Not the Ron Paul Texas Fan.
Oct 26, 2017
China
This thread should really be about why Donald falls this way on the GOAT TV series discussion. I am a Wire man, myself, and I will judge Glover accordingly.

Thunder11

Oct 27, 2017
He's so full of himself, esp wrt to his mediocre music catalog, last album was super underwhelming

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Genuine question, do you even know who this is?

Yes I do, he's definitely talented musically and as an artist but he's also pretty into himself and cultivating a very specific kind of image. He speaks of himself in very grandiose terms to the point of being a little silly

Is there anything you're bad at? "To be honest, no. Probably just people. People don't like to be studied, or bested." He shrugged. "I'm fine with it. I don't really like people that much. People accept me now because I have power, but they still think, Oh, he thinks he's the golden flower of the black community, thinks he's so different." He laughed. "But I am, though! I feel like Jesus. I do feel chosen. My struggle is to use my humanity to create a classic work—but I don't know if humanity is worth it

Do you look up to anyone? "I don't see anyone out there who's better," he said. "Maybe Elon Musk."

Last edited:

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I can't stress how amazing this show is. If you haven't watched it, give it a chance.

my favorite gif from my favorite episode.
giphy.gif

I totally understand how opinions work. And I'm half joking when I say I would never believe a person who has watched the first two seasons and think "it's ok."

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This man went from writing for one of the greatest comedy shows ever to producing some of the freshest beats to writing and starring in one of the best shows ever to voicing simba and being lando.

if he says it's gonna be the best TV, I fuckin believe it.

Deleted member 6173

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Klingon fanfic novel will be the best novel in the world. Only War and Peace will be able to touch it

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta is already straight up one of the best shows ever made. I frankly have no reason to doubt him as of right now.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
God, I hope he doesn't get lost like Ye.

I'm inclined to believe this boast...his other stuff is pretty good in virtually all media.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Reminder, Kanye turned into modern Kanye largely due to mental issues. Lets not compare someone believing in his product to that.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
Frankly, if Atlanta wasn't as good as it was then I wouldn't believe him. But here we are.

I'm not sure it'll be "definitely best television ever" since hyperbole marketing happens. But if the quality remains at least the same it'll be up there for sure.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
And maybe after all that Community: Intro To Cinematic Hashtags

Maybe?

I should really finally watch Atlanta.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Please don't go full Kanye, Donald.

But I believe him.
God, I hope he doesn't get lost like Ye.

I'm inclined to believe this boast...his other stuff is pretty good in virtually all media.
I hope he doesn't turn into Kanye
hes been getting a wee bit of an ego

Are black creators that are confident in their work this terrifying to you all?

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Loved season 1, havent watched season 2 yet. But the thought of Atlanta being better than The Wire is something I cant comprehend.