• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Was your first multi-disc console game original FF7 too? And your last so far is The Last of Us Pt I

• Yes, this is me

Votes: 198 17.2%
  • No, none of that matches me my first and last were(please describe)

Votes: 618 53.6%
  • My first was FF7 but my last was something else(please describe)

Votes: 211 18.3%
  • Another game was my first(please describe) but my last was TLoUPtII

Votes: 127 11.0%

• Total voters

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
honestly can't remember my first but my last was tales of symphonia i think. unless we're counting pc games in which case it was wow. haven't bought a physical game in almost ten years

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
Nope.

First: Final Fantasy 8

Last: Mass Effect 3

From 2014 I almost only bought digital and never did buy last of us two or final fantasy 7

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So PC games don't count? I played FF VIII on PC and that had many discs. Though they were all install with one "play" disc and I believe you could noCD patch it as well.

I borrowed FF7 back in the day along with a school provided PS1 with educational software but never got a memory card.

No physical games now except for Switch and that's only because they are always 69 AUD at launch instead of 80+ digitally.

Apr 7, 2018
Nope.

Metal gear solid was my first. I was so excited (I was 11) to buy a two disc game, thought it made it special. I reading a walk through in EGM 2 that it somehow got me to use my birthday money to buy it the last week of December 98. Last one left in EB too. I bought FFVII later and thought three discs was insane.

Last was Cyberpunk on Xbox. I thought it was Last of Us but I completely forgot cyberpunk came out later.

phonicjoy

Banned
Jun 19, 2018
Just resident evil 1 for GameCube. I don't think Re 4 game on more than 1 disc for GameCube?

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
First one I ever remember playing was Night Trap on the 3DO. My friend and I were real happy when we finally made it to disk 2 for the first time.

sdefresne

Sep 19, 2020
France
My first multi disc console game was probably Parasite Eve. The last multi disc console game I bought is currently The Lost Odyssey.

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Not sure if I remember it correctly but first may have been Baldur's Gate. It came with my first PC and I didn't have a PS1 until later.

Last would be Horizon Forbidden West.

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
I guess my last one was Cyberpunk, but on Series X it only needs one disc to download the Smart Delivery update, lol

Actually I think this is the only multi-disc console game I've ever had.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, first was Resident Evil 2; can't even remember what my last multi-disc game was; maybe GTA5 if we count install discs. It's probably Mass Effect 2 on the 360, though.

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
Tales of Symphonia was my first. I have absolutely no idea what my last would've been, I haven't played that many multi-disc games.

limone

Feb 4, 2022
Italy
I can't really remember the first one, it was just becoming common with CD in late 90s.
The last one is Cyberpunk, which I'll probably never play for more than two hours anyway.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My first was probably something that came with my first PC that had a CD drive, like Silent Steel or Journeyman Project. I have no idea what the latest multi-disc game was that I played if we're talking about strictly release date. Like, maybe one of those Telltale Adventure games? Think they had different episodes on different discs. The most recent one I played while ignoring release dates was probably Panzer Dragoon Saga last year though.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember the first but definitely not FFVII.
The last one was TLoU2, if we're counting installation discs.
Nope.
Tales of Symphonia was my first and Red Dead Redemption 2 was my last.

Wait, does that game come on multiple discs, if you buy it physically? Had no idea.
It does not.
Edit: could be PS4 version.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
My first multi disc was Riven iirc, and my last NiOh collection remastered. Since I mostly buy digital, I didn't know TLoU2 was multi disc.

Oct 25, 2017
Actually yes if memory doesn't fail me.

EDIT: okay I lied first was Metal Gear Solid, I was using my friend's FFVII when I originally played it.

BayonettasBuddy

Lead Producer at Cold Symmetry
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
First was on PC but I can't remember what it was. On PlayStation Resident Evil 2 was my first and my last is TLoU 2.

parski

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 13, 2017
If we count install discs as multi-disc, do we count soundtracks, demo discs and bonus discs as multi-disc too? My most recently bought actual multi-disc game must have been Lost Odyssey on Xbox 360 but if we're doing anything goes I think it's Persona 2: Innocent Sin for PSP which includes a CD soundtrack. First one was indeed Final Fantasy VII.

LiS Matt

Jan 19, 2018
I think FF7 are the current bookends for me. My first cd games were TOCA 2 and FF7 bought together with my PS1, and I'm pretty sure FF7 Remake was the last thing I played that had multiple discs

Siri

Nov 7, 2017
Nope - FF7 first, but my last was probably Lost Odyssey (Asian version because of the 360's region shenanigans, so it came in a lovely double-width case).

If the multiple disks could contain anything, you can push the first game back to SotN because of the soundtrack disk that came with most PAL copies, but that's obviously pushing it.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I think my first was Jade Empire Special Edition on Xbox. According to the wiki the extra disc doesn't do a whole lot. I was envious of a few multidisc games on Saturn and PSX but never ended up getting any.

TLOU2 was my most recent one (don't usually buy physical now but got a good deal at launch and ended up trading towards PS5 a couple of months after finishing).

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
MGS1 I think was the first, I definitely played it before FF7 and can't think of any else.
Didn't buy any of the 2 disc last gen games physical, so last was probably Mass Effect 3 on 360.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Excluding games that were on multiple discs that I played digitally, my first would have been Star Ocean 3 on PS2 and last would have been Magna Carta II on 360. Maybe Blue Dragon but I bought that early on with the 360 and then bought it again later on in like 2013, so that would have been the last one I bought.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
First was Final Fantasy VII.

Last was probably Lost Odyssey on the 360.

I switched to all-digital in the late PS3 era, so I can't really count FF7R or Last of Us II. I actually didn't know FF7R got released on multiple discs.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't personally own a PS1, so while I saw games played, I can't really count it.

First: Shenmue
Last FF7 Remake

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Last multi disc game I had was Max Payne 3 on Xbox 360

Gwarm

Nov 13, 2017
First: FF7
Last: FF7 Remake

I have a physical copy of TLoU2 but still haven't played it, so I guess when I get around to that I will fit perfectly. I kind of like the temporal symmetry of having FF7 be the first and last.