Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Just got off the phone with them and they said my choices are wait two months and hope the deal is still available, or convert my existing 2 years into GPU.

Great start to our relationship.

Sooooooooo looks like giveaway is gonna happen
Why not just wait the two months? Unlikely they're going to cancel this deal before the Series X launches. MS wants people in the Game Pass ecosystem.

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Just got off the phone with them and they said my choices are wait two months and hope the deal is still available, or convert my existing 2 years into GPU.

Great start to our relationship.

Sooooooooo looks like giveaway is gonna happen
I got them to fix mine over chat. Switched out my 26 months (two "free" months) with 24 months.

Wulfer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have one question everyone? I've been using the 12 month cards for (XBL) is a credit card required for Ultimate Gamepass? Another words I have MS credit from point cards available can I use that instead of a credit card for the $1 charge?

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So a step by step guide for people in different scenarios (feel free to add to correct as needed):

If your new to Xbox or have no active subs from an old account:

1) You can buy upto 3 years of Gold/Standard Game Pass direct from MS or from a third party retailer that will sell you those cheaper 12 month codes (newegg and other sites have been mentioned in this thread - have a look around based on your region) - again any amount up to 3 years can be bought.
2) Go to https://redeem.microsoft.com/ - sign in with your Xbox log in. Make sure you log in with the same email/pw as you would use for your xbox profile and not a work/school related one! If you have multiple accounts you can always sign in at xbox.com, check which xbox profile is connected to that account and then sign in at the account page.
3) Redeem your 3 codes that you purchased from the retailer into that website.
4) Go to https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/live/gold/upgrade (this should recognise what country your in and take you there to your store front). Hit upgrade now for $1.
5) There will be a pop-up explaining that any exsisitng gold/gamepass time will be converted to ultimate. If you do not have a credit card on file, you will now need one added.
6) Time will now be converted to 3 years of Ultimate Game Pass.
7) Go to https://account.microsoft.com/, go to the Services and Subscriptions tab, you will see that Ultimate Game Pass should be active and next charge should be 3 years from now. If you want to cancel the auto-renew, click manage next to that Game Pass Ultimate and then next to Recurring billing, click Change and then hit Turn Off Recurring billing.

If you already have some months of Gold/Game Pass - be careful buying the full 3 years, you likely will not be able to redeem 3 full years of codes. Any exsisting time you have prior to purchasing your codes is also going to be converted 1:1 and 3 years is the limit it will convert into - do not purchase more then you need.

If you have had Game Pass Ultimate previously but not currently - you can follow the guide above and the steps are the same but you will likely have to pay $15 to upgrade the gold to Game Pass Ultimate instead of the $1 teaser rate.

If you have Game Pass Ultimate currently and want to do this again - let your Game Pass Ultimate sub lapse and you can then do this again.

FAQ:

Can i do this even though i have an active PC Game Pass/Gold/XBox Game Pass Subscrption?
Yes you can! When you make the conversion it will simply consolidate whatever time you have and again will add 1:1 exsisting time of days left of your sub and automatically cancel those subs when the conversion is made. If you want the FULL 3 years, ideally you let all the exsisting subs lapse so you want have any problem converting over as those days between monthly billing can be converted and prevent you from stacking the fill 3 years of pre-paid codes.

Help! I accidentally bought prepaid codes with bonus months or my time will total more than 3 years! What can i do!
My advice here is to stack the amount of time that you can with the codes you have, convert it and then you can redeem the code at the lower Game Pass Ultimate conversion rate 12 months gold for example gives you 4 months. Obviously not a deal as when compared to the 1:1 conversion as it is simply paying full price for the sub but better than nothing. You could try your luck with the retailer you purchased the code from but i doubt you will be refunded once a key is given out. Please be careful to purchase only 12 month codes - not ones with bonus months!

Last edited:

nillarilla

Feb 10, 2019
So a step by step guide for people in different scenarios (feel free to add to correct as needed):

If your new to Xbox or have no active subs from an old account:

1) You can buy upto 3 years of Gold/Standard Game Pass direct from MS or from a third party retailer that will sell you those cheaper 12 month codes (newegg and other sites have been mentioned in this thread - have a look around based on your region) - again any amount up to 3 years can be bought.
2) Go to https://redeem.microsoft.com/ - sign in with your Xbox log in. Make sure you log in with the same email/pw as you would use for your xbox profile and not a work/school related one! If you have multiple accounts you can always sign in at xbox.com, check which xbox profile is connected to that account and then sign in at the account page.
3) Redeem your 3 codes that you purchased from the retailer into that website.
4) Go to https://www.xbox.com/en-AU/live/gold/upgrade (this should recognise what country your in and take you there to your store front). Hit upgrade now for $1.
5) There will be a pop-up explaining that any exsisitng gold/gamepass time will be converted to ultimate. If you do not have a credit card on file, you will now need one added.
6) Time will now be converted to 3 years of Ultimate Game Pass.
7) Go to https://account.microsoft.com/, go to the Services and Subscriptions tab, you will see that Ultimate Game Pass should be active and next charge should be 3 years from now. If you want to cancel the auto-renew, click manage next to that Game Pass Ultimate and then next to Recurring billing, click Change and then hit Turn Off Recurring billing.

If you already have some months of Gold/Game Pass - be careful buying the full 3 years, you likely will not be able to redeem 3 full years of codes. Any exsisting time you have prior to purchasing your codes is also going to be converted 1:1 and 3 years is the limit it will convert into - do not purchase more then you need.

If you have had Game Pass Ultimate previously but not currently - you can follow the guide above and the steps are the same but you will likely have to pay $15 to upgrade the gold to Game Pass Ultimate instead of the $1 teaser rate.

If you have Game Pass Ultimate currently and want to do this again - let your Game Pass Ultimate sub lapse and you can then do this again.

Thank you!

Dec 11, 2017
I had a Microsoft live chat agent kill off my sub with a week to go. I then bought 3 years of gold and upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate for $15.95AUD (I'd already done the $1 deal back in the day). Worked perfectly. Can't believe I have 3 years of all this gaming already locked in.

Bakura

Oct 26, 2017
Man newegg is taking their sweet ass time

I probably will get the codes once microsoft removes the deal : (

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
can someone confirm that the ultimate game pass you get with this will work for xbox and pc? i only have a pc now but might get an xbox in the future

mace999

Dec 7, 2017
Can I make a different new profile on my Xbox and then use that profile with the $1 upgrade??

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
We just had this thread, hang on,

Edit,

www.resetera.com

Cheapest Game Pass option? (UK?)

Hi guys, I just wanted to find out, what is the cheapest option to get game pass for xbox in the UK? I also heard there was a trick to convert gold subs to ultimate game pass? Can anyone please tell me how? I don't have any sub right now (gold or gp). Thanks

Guys for everyone that has questions, we literally had this thread earlier on the day. It probably has all the answers to your questions, and is also the cheapest method (3 years ~ £90)

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Thanks to all the tips. I now have a Series X on pre order and 3 years of Ultimate already running. I just regret I have no way to use it the next month.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I had a Microsoft live chat agent kill off my sub with a week to go. I then bought 3 years of gold and upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate for $15.95AUD (I'd already done the $1 deal back in the day). Worked perfectly. Can't believe I have 3 years of all this gaming already locked in.
Where did you buy the 3 years of Gold from? Fellow Aussie here, looking to do the same. My Live sub expired yesterday.

Mireille

Oct 26, 2017
If I have 2 years of gamepass for PC I take it that if I buy 1 year of gold it should convert all together to 3 years of ultimate right (2 years from gamepassPC + 1 year from gold)?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone (or multiple people) can chime in that, would be helpful, but: do we think that this deal is likely to go away very soon?

I just bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold for fairly cheap ($102 total) so I'm set to convert this all to ultimate, but I'm not going to have much time to game until well after October. I'd rather convert all of this in a few weeks, but I feel that's kind of risky?

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just mindblown that I was actually able to get Xbox Pass Ultimate for 3 years, for 98€ + 1€ activation for GPU... The normal price would have been 455€.

I just got an Xbox Series S for free, in savings.

Deleted member 75819

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 22, 2020
If anyone (or multiple people) can chime in that, would be helpful, but: do we think that this deal is likely to go away very soon?

I just bought 3 years of Xbox Live Gold for fairly cheap ($102 total) so I'm set to convert this all to ultimate, but I'm not going to have much time to game until well after October. I'd rather convert all of this in a few weeks, but I feel that's kind of risky?
Just do it now and save yourself the stress of the unknown. A month or two isn't much in 3 years.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
Wait so I can buy the Brazil region one and it'll work on my US account?
I am in New Zealand but even then I had to use a VPN to redeem with MS. I didn't realise at the time that I wasn't meant to buy out of region and the third one I tried was denied. The customer device rep said I shouldn't have been allowed to buy out of region but it worked so they couldn't do anything. No idea what really went on but it is what it is.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just mindblown that I was actually able to get Xbox Pass Ultimate for 3 years, for 98€ + 1€ activation for GPU... The normal price would have been 455€.

I just got an Xbox Series S for free, in savings.
where did you get 3 years for 98 euros? if i use isntantgaming and buy 3 packs of 12 months, its 135 euros.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Question if anyone can answer:
So I have normal gamepass expiring on the 11th of october, but I dont want to wait for that to expire becuase im afraid they will take out the exchange offer after this month. What I was thinking, could i get 2 full 12 months cards, and then a 6 months card, so everytime i add one of the codes will give me 1 month free each? From what I read 12 months cards get 1 month free, but I dont know if any code less than that, for example a 6 month code, will give you the same.
If it works I could get 3 months for free with my 3 different codes right? So I pay for 30 months but i get 33 months total (and If i bought then a 1 month card I could get a new month for free, making it 35 months total). Including what I still have with normal gamepass, that would mean i get nearly 36 months.

Is this how it works?

It's quite straight forward to be honest, and well explained. But yeh do what you're comfortable with

Thanks, i just know becuase how im am that I will fuck it up i some way lol

Marqroq

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I got my codes from newegg for 3 yrs
Entered the codes on xbox and have my 3 years
I go to do the $1 upgrade but I have used the promo before so it tells me I have to pay $15 a month for gamepass?!

I thought it was a one time $15 upgrade?????

Ashler

Oct 27, 2017
Question if anyone can answer:
So I have normal gamepass expiring on the 11th of october, but I dont want to wait for that to expire becuase im afraid they will take out the exchange offer after this month. What I was thinking, could i get 2 full 12 months cards, and then a 6 months card, so everytime i add one of the codes will give me 1 month free each? From what I read 12 months cards get 1 month free, but I dont know if any code less than that, for example a 6 month code, will give you the same.
If it works I could get 3 months for free with my 3 different codes right? So I pay for 30 months but i get 33 months total (and If i bought then a 1 month card I could get a new month for free, making it 35 months total). Including what I still have with normal gamepass, that would mean i get nearly 36 months.

Is this how it works?

Sorry, this is my first game-pass experience, hopefully someone else can clarify this for you.

DiscoThunder

May 7, 2019
I have 1 month of Gamepass PC left on my account. What are my best options?
Can I buy codes for 3x12 months Xbox Gold, and do the conversion (for a total of 35 months, as I already payed for 1 more month of Gamepass PC?)

Or do I have to create a new account?