• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
I drink neither coffee or alcohol and for as long as I can remember I have only been drinking wate, coca cola, and orange juice. But lately have been drinking less coke and more water.

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Same here, though I am also a father of 3 young girls. Before I got chiildren I didn't drink much either. I would maybe once a year taste something at a dinner party if asked, but only a sip. I got drunk by accident as an 18 year old guy on a school trip though.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Substance abuse runs (rampant) in my family so I never got in the habit.

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Never been a fan of drinking, honestly. I do drink though, but very rarely and never on my own. I do think it's nice, on occasion, to have a glass of wine with a lady or have one (or two at most) beer with friends.

And never ever drinking just to get drunk. Never saw the point in that.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
Since lockdown I've been drinking very sporadically, I was only ever a social drinker anyway and so don't drink in the home much. Haven't drank at all this month either, I'm not sure I feel any better for it but no hangovers is nice.

Deleted member 11173

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a kid, my minimal drinking has dwindled further. Maybe 1 beverage a month. MAYBE. We do have a stockpile of liquor and beer though.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I drink pretty much once or twice a year. Once near my birthday then usually one other random time throughout the year. Both only for the express purpose of getting drunk.

I don't know how people genuinely drink beer for pleasure. I've tried a variety of brands and I'd much rather just have a soda with my wings than any of them. They're only good for loosening up the mind. Blegh.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
not a big fan. got the asian thing going on, so it's like none of the buzz part and skips straight to the feel like shit part. just usually end up with a headache. it's poisonous. but i'll do it socially on occasion, sipping down a cider or something.

but content to get weeded every day

Oct 7, 2018
USA
I'm strictly a light social drinker I might take a shot or two if I'm out with some friends and have a few beers but I never get drunk.

I'll smoke the hell out of some weed though and then laugh at all the fools with hangovers the next day while I'm feeling great.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
No alcohol for me either. Taste bad. Coffee is cool but I only drink it when I crave it rather than as a pick me up like most people seem to

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
I haven't drunk alcohol since some surgeries and health problems six or seven years ago. Don't miss it.

Don't drink tea or coffee either.

Skyscourge

One Winged Slayer
Nov 7, 2020
I think alcohol tastes terrible, and unlike coffee I don't think it will be an acquired taste for me.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I only drink like a few times a year, for special occasions, for toasts and so on... i dont like alcohol at all... and the rare ones that i think taste good, its still less good than a soda or syrup imo

Janus

Oct 18, 2020
Love coffee, but don't really drink any alcohol. It just doesn't taste good in my opinion. And was never a fan of "having a buzz"

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I drink alcohol occasionally when I'm out with friends or at parties, but I can't say I have a huge desire or need to drink the stuff on the regular. I don't like beer at all and probably never will. I usually go with cider, wine or gin tonic instead.

I love coffee though. Drink it every day.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I only drink water. Back when I was way younger, I used to drink lots of soda and iced tea. Then, one day while I was doing the usual grocery shopping, just as I was ready to grab another few iced tea bottles a flip switched in my head and I was like "no". Went to buy water bottles instead and haven't bought anything else ever since.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
I was never a drinker either. I can and possibly will for a social occasion but never really liked the stuff or had that drive to want to drink it. No coffee for me either as I don't like the taste of that either.

I do love cola though I have been cutting down on that as well. Mostly rooibos, green tea for me.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I'll have a mojito if I'm at a place where they do that sort of thing, but otherwise I don't drink. There's a bottle of Pellegrino in my fridge. No beer or anything like that.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I'm 46. Never had alcohol and likely never will. I had a cup of coffee once when I was 16 and worked at McDonalds.

I've never smoked or had marijuana either.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
I don't, maybe a social glass of wine or beer that pairs nicely with my meal.

Sugary drinks and alcohol are the worst ways to drug yourself, outside of hardcore stuff, in my opinion. Pot is less harmful and more enjoyable.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
No drinking or coffee, or drugs of any kind for me. My brain is already fucked up enough as it is.

Some of my really good friends are stoners which can make weed an awkward subject. Not in a "I don't like talking about it" way but more in a "uh we're going to go get high but you can stay here and play video games while we go do that I guess" way.

Oct 28, 2017
A little due to being on Roacctune, but I just heard from the dermatologist that I'm done. So, after a month I can finally drink again. I avoided hard liquor altogether and only drank like 2 beers in social settings (which considering COVID was limited).

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Only in company at parties or in the club. I think I never even drank a sip of alcohol on my own. Coffee I drink all the time tho. It's healthy and good for you.

Nights

Oct 27, 2017
Grew up with my mom dating multiple alcoholics and a few druggies who abused me and my youngest sister for years, so my brain just ties them to really bad shit, so I'll never touch the stuff past a small glass of champagne at new years.

I drink coffee on/off, it really helps with how low energy I am due to depression.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You should only drink water. Although sometimes I drink the occasional tea or liquor. But you're on the right track, OP. What you really need to forego is soda. Once you do that, you will probably feel immensely better. You will be pure in Jesus' eyes as well.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!