Do you wear gaming related clothing in public?

• Yes, all of them!

Votes: 243 18.1%
  • Yes, but they have to look like "usual" clothes.

Votes: 632 47.1%
  • No.

Votes: 466 34.8%

• Total voters

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I have lots of stuff from Fangamer that I wear... recent favorites are the SteamWorld Dig 2 (similar to Shovel Knight's) and P5 Futaba shirts. They're subtle enough that they just look like what you'd find at a surf/skate apparel shop, so I find it a huge compliment when someone comments on them knowing what they are. My Chrono hoodie has never been noticed, sadly. I guess I err on the side of stuff that looks more like 'normal' clothes, which to me just means they don't draw attention to themselves.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Wearing this right now.

DynamicImageHandler_346d4f74-fe88-440c-a515-6cc08f5f3d9b_530x@2x.jpg
I've been considering getting this shirt, it's so cool looking.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I do have a decent number of shirts. Most are relatively low key but not because I'm ashamed to be wearing it, but I just tend to like very simple designs. I think it's cool that people feel comfortable to wear that relates to things they enjoy.

RandomDudeSTL

Dec 5, 2017
Wow...maybe I'm just too old to care anymore, but I'm shocked by how many people on here avoid repping something they love because they're scared of how they'll be judged by some unidentified 'others'. Honestly, unless you're in high school where your ego is fragile and you're desperately trying to avoid negative attention, who really cares what someone thinks of your shirt? I occasionally wear Mario/Zelda t-shirts in public because I think they look cool and I couldn't care less what some random person thinks about it. Many people have gone out of their way to tell me they like my shirts, and not once has someone mocked or otherwise criticized them.

The way I see it - I don't go around judging people based on their wardrobe choices because I'm not an a**hole, and if someone wants to judge me based on mine, well then that's an a**hole I don't need to be concerned about.

SofaJockey

Nov 19, 2017
UK
I like wearing my gamer tees - though subtle is good.

My favorites:

'Marauder Shields', elven vallaslin, vault-tec...

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That look like usual clothes. I hate the one with the name of the game like i'm doing the advertising job for them.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Miss me with anything that isn't super subtle but I have no idea what you'd wear that's gaming related and actually looks good. None of that shit they make is actually made to fit well, at least that I've seen. It all fits awkwardly. So I'd never wear any of it, even subtle stuff, outside of my house, and I guess I'd wear more clever/subtle graphic tees at home as lazy wear if they're comfortable. 'Gamer' clothes and over the top stuff can burn. Graphic tees aren't exactly good fashion anyways.

ClutchAnderson

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I actually don't think I own any gaming related clothing? Never really realized it until opening this thread and really thinking about it lol. I need to get me some merch mannn

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I have a shirt with a triforce on it, that's about the extent of gaming related clothes. I have a few nerd shirts in general, but nothing particularly outlandish. I prefer the design to look somewhat artsy, and more nondescript. It's not like anyone cares anymore though anyway, I see tons of folks walking around wearing Harry Potter, Star Wars, Marvel, etc., related shit all the time now.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Sure, but I never actually went out of my way to buy any aside from one. I have the shirts from the original RE2 release, Lords of Shadow and Ocarina of Time that came with them. Somehow I also ended up with a Dino Crisis shirt, but I can't remember how. I also ended up getting a shirt with Akuma's raging demon kanji and inputs. That's the only one that's blatantly obvious. But I mean, when you go to local events, who cares?

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I don't. Most of the time I just wear plain shirts and polos. I generally avoid stuff with prominent logos or designs because I can't wear them to work, and would get very little use from me as a result.

However, if I had more freedom to wear what I wanted during the week, I wouldn't mind getting shirts with more subtle designs. The Diamond Dogs one in the OP would be the general idea of a gamer shirt I would wear.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I have two shitty t-shirts of Sonic and Pac-Man I bought for dirt cheap at Primark a while back. I only wear them where I'm chilling at home or when I walk my dog. Would never wear a videogames t-shirt in any social setting tbh, except maybe conventions and the like.

Igama

Oct 27, 2017
Of course, I do. I have a couple of Persona 5 t-shirts (one is Ryuji's ZOMG, the other one has the Phantom Thieves symbol), a Super Mario one, and a Crash one.

Actually had a guy a few days ago recognize one of my P5 tees and it was super cool, since in my country it's almost impossible to find someone who knows it.

choog

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I do wear Mario shirts, but I think he's pretty much part of the pop culture like Mickey Mouse.

Other than that, I wear this FTL shirt from Fangamer which mostly looks vaguely SciFi.

Funny story: I met a guy who was pretty sure the image was a reference to a middle finger sticking up, regardless of what I told him about it.

FTL_kestrelshirt_front_c7734cf4-0303-4f89-8b0c-48d990355af4_1024x1024.jpg

Spacejaws

"This guy are sick" of the One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
I've been considering getting this shirt, it's so cool looking.

I love it. Got the tri blend I think from T Republic which has the sort of soft grainy black/grey effect which blends with the print really well. Only issue I kinda have is the large is a tad smaller than my other large's making it a bit more form hugging than I'd like but I generally like really baggy stuff.

Zebei

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely would't wear a "gamer" shirt.

. . .but I do have a favorite shirt and it has this on it.
725760_1

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow...maybe I'm just too old to care anymore, but I'm shocked by how many people on here avoid repping something they love because they're scared of how they'll be judged by some unidentified 'others'. Honestly, unless you're in high school where your ego is fragile and you're desperately trying to avoid negative attention, who really cares what someone thinks of your shirt? I occasionally wear Mario/Zelda t-shirts in public because I think they look cool and I couldn't care less what some random person thinks about it. Many people have gone out of their way to tell me they like my shirts, and not once has someone mocked or otherwise criticized them.

The way I see it - I don't go around judging people based on their wardrobe choices because I'm not an a**hole, and if someone wants to judge me based on mine, well then that's an a**hole I don't need to be concerned about.

This.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Yep. Feels like an age thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Most of my t-shirts and hoodies come from Fangamer these days, but most of the time people don't even realize they're gaming related. Not that I'd care either way if they did. They're comfy as hell and I like the way they look, so I don't give a shit if anyone else would think they're ugly or that I'm too old to wear them or whatever.
devastation_main.jpg

I have that shirt!!!

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
depends if it looks cool...a corny gamer shirt is just a corny shirt...something with a cool design and not blatantly obvious it's from a game would be fine

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Sure, but I don't have much. The two shirts I have - one with the Firewatch shield logo and one with the Corley Motors icon - don't really scream "gaming" though. Like twice a year people will notice the Corley icon and talk about how much they (usually) loved Full Throttle. One guy randomly screamed "Can't Beat a Corley!" I think.

thecowboypoet

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have an Easy Allies tshirt to rep my boys. Outside of that though gaming companies probably don't need my support via a tshirt.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Ive got a few. Ive got this raving rabbids beanie I wear a lot when it starts getting chilly. The design is so nondescript that even if you knew what a raving rabbid was you probably wouldnt guess the cartoony rabbit skull and bones was tied to it. Last october after hugh hefner died i suddenly got a lot of comments from strangers about it thinking it was some sort of commentary on playboy so i took it out of the rotation for a bit.

I won a purple and pink De Blob 2 shirt in a contest i still wear on occasion. This ones kind of funny to me cus it kept popping up on nbc shows for some reason
s03e08-abeds-purple-pink-shirt-455x580.jpg

fafab7039e800618825334b96c8bcb99.jpg

4oBmWRK9HsewURNpX9RGmPUI5WpfNoBMTOj5kKTZcUgWWnJzph7rPMQFbmTVqgkantrZ7r0a-z5sWiYgeV8YB96-TOzy6Mcti1_9ZHNqXC5z1h7H2OM

Aftervirtue

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
NintendoNyStore.StarFoxApparel.jpg
Anytime I wear this starfox shirt I purchased from the Nintendo store in NY people compliment me. Part of me thinks they are furries. But I have had multiple attractive women comment on it as well.

It is actually good material and fitted, unlike most other game shirts.

Last edited:

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Farthest I've gone is the occasional subtle button on a jacket (with other non-gaming buttons), and my Takoroka trucker hat from Splatoon. None of them overtly read as "video game clothes," though.