• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Better or worse?

• Better

Votes: 309 72.2%
  • Worse

Votes: 119 27.8%

• Total voters

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
After 2020 I'm not sure I'll survive 2021, even if everything goes back to normal.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Better for the simple fact that the US has a competent leader again.

Even if Biden accomplishes jack shit due to GOP obstructionism and his own centrist delusions, it's very important to have a calm voice of reason in the driver's seat; someone who will listen to experts and condemn rather than encourage racism and division.

The COVID crisis will take fewer lives than it would have if the orange egomaniac were allowed to continue playing games with life-saving aid. Now he'll have less time to turn the vaccine into a tool for leverage and self-promotion. And maybe, just maybe, Biden will be able to supplant enough Trump cronies to partially restore the government's ability to combat climate change and serve the interests of the 99%.

Last edited:

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
COVID still raging, aftermath of brexit, argument incoming about taking the kids out of school, recession looming.
Im not optimistic.

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Might be alarmist, but I kind of really fear the amount of people already talking about how 2021 will be great because everything will go back to normal. It won't. Normal isn't on the program utnil 2022, at the earliest.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think safe money is that it will be better since it's such a low bar to clear. On a personal level, it'd take quite a lot of fatal happenings.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
The job hunt will start in earnest this year again so it'll be worse

tiebreaker

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
The aftermath of things that happened in 2020 will be felt in 2021. And who knows what 2021 will bring to the table. The world has been steadily going down the gutter.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It can always be worse. Things get better slowly over time but the universe can come along and fuck you in the ass real surprise like at any moment and ruin your whole year.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
You know shit doesn't wait to pop off depending on our arbitrary Gregorian calendar, right? It's time we take responsibility for our stupidity instead of blaming shit on the year #. Are humans still fucking stupid? Yes. Our shit will continue to pile up until the odor starts bothering us and then we blame it on the fucking year again.

We will continue being shortsighted and stupid. Nothing changed from yesterday.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
It's going to be a lot worse and I hope that at the very least the people expecting it to be better are preparing for the possibility of the alternative

Oct 25, 2017
COVID still raging, aftermath of brexit, argument incoming about taking the kids out of school, recession looming.
Im not optimistic.

Looming recession has been a concern for the last 5 years.

That said, US interest rates are already at or near 0. We have essentially no wave to inject recovery short of sending everyone 2000 twice a month for a year.

When the recession does hit it could be devastating in terms of recovery

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
2021 is in the same broken country(USA) and the same broken system with a fresh coat of bullshit. The working class and minorities will continue to be oppressed, climate change will continue to accelerate and people will refuse to take the vaccine. Business as usual, and unfortunately it can only get worse.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not optimistic at all. 2020 wasn't too bad for me, but I fear for the financial, societal and political repercussions in 2021 and the years to come.

ArachosiA

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Honestly, I fear we will look ack at 2020 and see it as a great year compared to how shitty things are going to get.

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like it's been super popular to call each year that passes the worst, but 2020 is the first year (in America) that really warranted such a title. We have a vaccine now that is presumably safe and effective, as well as a new president who almost certainly by default will be better than the last one. Barring a new 2021 pandemic that kills another 2m people and destroys countless other lives and businesses, it's pretty easy to guess that 2021 will be an improvement.

As an aside, I would also like to mention that 2020 gave us the BLM protests. I don't think I can properly articulate all the emotions I felt seeing BLM explode like that, or the significance I hope this year plays in the history of America. I will simply say that I have been incredibly proud and humbled by the protesters, and I think 2020 is the year a lot of people woke up to how things really are in this country.