Deleted member 412

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Briefly, randomly, haphazardly...sure, like "Huh, remember that guy?" I do this all the time. A few people from the past have even contacted me just to catch up. But most people probably move on after that brief mental encounter. This feels like a pretty weird humblebrag, but I'd say very, very few think about me in a negative way. Most people would probably be neutral or indifferent.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
No.

I think all of the ones I ever think about moved on in life, I feel like everyone else I think about in that way is way more satisfied and happy in their lives and forgetting the perspective that I have on reality is probably what got them there, whereas I'm stubbornly holding onto ideals that'll never exist for me.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Era is a weird place when people always take an issue with what you say. What do you care? My experiences are different from yours. I'm tired of having to defend myself here for everything I say.

I mean I don't really care, I was just wondering why your answer seemed to sound like the question being poised was something else. You don't have to defend yourself, I didn't mean it like that.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think about people you haven't seen or talked to in a long time?

There's your answer.

Euler.L.

Alt account
Banned
Mar 29, 2019
I have the opposite thing running. Everytime I meet someone, they always start about all the stuff we did and what a great time it was.
Meanwhile I'm trying to remember their names.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it happens to you, why shouldn't it also happen to others?

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Had some old friends I grew up with get in touch with me recently to plan a reunion.

Recently I had someone else I havent spoke to in a long time tell me I came up in conversation.

Pretty often I hear "oh I've heard about you"

I think people like to talk about me. Aside from my old friends I'm sure its negative things being said. The "oh I've heard about you" is usually followed by being ignored.

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I don't expect most people to really recall me other than a thought coming up out of nowhere in the same way I will sometimes remember random people at school despite having little interaction with them. I tend to keep my head down and try to be anonymous. I doubt anyone's talking in a "remember that guy" way.

Oct 27, 2017
Probably. Though I don't think of myself as a person who "sticks" in most people's memory. I'm quiet and keep to myself, and I generally don't keep in contact with people unless i've had the pleasure of knowing them since childhood. By then, they're basically "best friends", and they probably think of me all the time, even if we don't hang out anymore. I constantly think of my childhood friends, even though we haven't talked or seen eachother in many years. Especially if our relationship ended because they moved away and I no longer have their contact information.

I often, randomly, remember people from elementary, middle, high school who I have not seen or heard or talked to in years, if not decades. People, kids, etc leave an impression on your memory, even if you barely knew them. Like, there was this kid in one of my elementary school classes who always had this perfectly slicked back hair, which I always wanted. And to this day I still try to style my hair like him LOL. The funny thing is that I never talked to that kid and i'm pretty sure he doesn't even know I exist. Maybe he saw me at a grocery store or something in the same town 15-20 years later, recognized me, and thinks about me... the world will never know.

Sometimes i'll hear an old song on the radio and immediately think about that one lady in the pink dress at the beach in 2004 or some shizzz ... I wonder where she is now.... lol so weird how memory works in association to music, art, films, etc. Odd connections. Like i'll be watching The Nightmare before Christmas and immediately be thrusted into a nostalgic, faint memory of my primary school teacher, because she had a Jack Skellington poster in her classroom. I wonder how many of my school teachers still think about me. Sure, teachers had hundreds, if not thousands, of students, but i'm sure they often reflect on a few of them, for good or bad haha.

Last edited:

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I hope they don't, it makes me feel very anxious when other people care about me like that, but on the other hand I wish they did and that they'd contact me because I feel lonely more often than not.

Wedginald

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Sometimes I have random dreams of people I haven't seen in more than a decade, could be random friends from junior high who have inevitably drifted apart or just random people who I only interacted with briefly. So yea, I'm sure it happens with me. I'd like to think the thought of me for some of them conjures up a wry smile and one of those "What a guy lol" type of comments, as opposed to more negative or bitter thoughts. I'd like to think for most people, it would be a fond laugh.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
If it happens to you, it happens to them.

Random thoughts and memories pop in my head all the time, I assume they do for everyone else.

Reversed

Oct 25, 2017
It's the same when I happen to see them. We both pretend we don't know each other. :/ Sometimes thats ironic if you look at the records.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
There's one person who pops into my head from time to time, legitimately my best friend who I somehow lost contact with. Never negative thoughts either, genuinely hope she's doing well and happy.

I hope she thinks the same for me. Even if it's just a thought in passing from time to time.

Tuck

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I occasionally think of them for some reason, so Im sure some of them have thought of me. In passing, of course.

There is one person I think of a lot as we were fairly close, for a time. I'd like to think he thinks of me sometimes, but who knows.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so memorable that people I never had a conversation with in high school send me friend requests on FB.

Plum

May 31, 2018
"Oi, you remember that cunt, Plum?"

"Yep. What a weird arse he was lol."

- People remembering me

I recently saw a post on my school's confessions page saying that I looked like a 'school shooter' so I can't imagine anyone has had a good impression of me and tbh I can see why. I'm trying my best to change that going forward, though.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Yes and no. I know my high school besties still do even though we've moved apart. And I had some really crappy friends I made in my 20s who probably do not. I try not to think about it too much because it can feel upsetting.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure everyone does it

I'll think about the most random people I had one encounter with in high school, doesn't mean shit

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
probably

if they pop into your head you've probably popped into theirs once or twice

of course it's more likely if you had some kind of meaningful interaction as opposed to just a passing thing

M-TRNL

Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
When I stopped being obese I thought about this more and more. One time I saw someone I hadn't seen in a really long time and their mind was blown in regards to how not fat I was. This was almost two years after losing the weight so I was like "Oh yeah, I was fat last time we saw each other." It's basically a given that anyone I haven't seen since 2016 will be talking about my weight first thing. Sometimes I get tempted to just post a picture of myself on my crusty-ass Facebook and see what happens but I can't muster up the vanity.

THE210

Nov 30, 2017
I talked to an ex girlfriend a few years back and to my surprise she told me she told her kids about me. I often think about how she is doing but never thought she think of me

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
that's me with my ex girlfriend, i still think about her everyday i wonder if she does the same. last think i heard is she has a new boyfriend so probably not lol.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
99% no. I don't think they ever think about me.

That 1% is a girl that constantly messages me because we used to date.