Do you think Koji Igarashi will continue with the Bloodstained franchise or work on Castlevania agai

• Bloodstained

Votes: 580 89.8%
  • Castlevania

Votes: 17 2.6%
  • He will do both

Votes: 49 7.6%

• Total voters

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have heard some people say that he is still interested to work with Castlevania again source

so what do you think?

Last edited:

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
If bloodstained is a success, he'll stick with it because he'll make more money as owner of the IP, and have more creative freedom.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
He was asked if he'd go back to make a Castlevania again if Konami offered, and he said yes, absolutely... But I don't think that will happen? Either way, I'm just happy Iga is getting games made again.
Why would he ever go back to Castlevania? He left Konami, and that's why he made Bloodstained I thought, because Konami wasn't interested in making them anymore.
He put a lot of his life into it I guess. Like, I winced when I read his answer to that question, but at the same time, I completely understand :/

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Why would he ever go back to Castlevania? He left Konami, and that's why he made Bloodstained I thought, because Konami wasn't interested in making them anymore.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Don't really see the point in him regressing back to Castlevania. Bloodstained is basically what Darks Souls is to Demons Souls. Just better in every way.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
Konami are not going to spend money making new Castlevania games so that's not even an option.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
As others have said he was recently interviewed about returning to Castlevania and he said that he would do it if offered, but he really has no reason to now that Bloodstained has been set up as a new IP with two entries already.

Oct 25, 2017
To me they are literally the same. Bloodstained is so obviously a Castlevania game that it hurts. I don't see a specific reason to stay attached the name when the spiritual successor is this good.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
If Konami ever offered or sell to him then hell yes he is so willing.

Dude poured in a crapload of effort making castlevania and streamlining the timeline to make it work.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Isn't Konami notoriously vindictive when it comes to former employees? Do we know if the split here was amicable?

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Funny bit from the same interview. I hope they had that party :P

hc2qfMB.jpg

Isn't Konami notoriously vindictive when it comes to former employees? Do we know if the split here was amicable?
Yeah they are, and by all accounts they literally had him sitting around and doing next to nothing for the last couple of years he was there.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I imagine that Bloodstained is gonna do well for its budget. Despite the technical issues, word of mouth seems quite positive.
So I think we'll get a sequel.

I hope Igarashi will take his time though, maybe do another project in between. As good as they were, I think many people lost interest in the portable Castlevania games because they were released too close to each other.

My ideal future for this IP: a completely different thing from Iga while IntiCreates does Curse of the Moon 2 and then Bloodstained 2.

As for another Castlevania, I'm sure he'd be tempted but why deal with the Konami higher-ups again?

Oct 25, 2017
He's being polite towards his former employer.

If you were a producer who left a big publisher and managed to launch your own IP on your own terms that was generally successful you would much more likely stick to that rather than return to the publisher.

The main reason why you work with a big publisher is because you need access to things they have, like a recognisable IP, development resource and marketing. Iga seems to be on the way to resolving most of those things on his own with Bloodstained.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
All I want is more Igavanias, Bloodstained or the Castlevania IPs don't really mean much to me outside the gameplay and music.

OP
OP
SantaC

SantaC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Koji Igarashi: I don't! I don't consider myself an equal of Kojima, so it's hard for me to ask him for a drink - it's not really my position to!

lol so modest. I take an Igarashi game over Kojima 7 days a week.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
he should continue with bloodstained as he has full rights to it. Don't see the point of being tied down by konami at this point.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
To me they are literally the same. Bloodstained is so obviously a Castlevania game that it hurts. I don't see a specific reason to stay attached the name when the spiritual successor is this good.

Well for one thing it would be fully funded by the publisher and wouldn't have to rely on crowd funding, it's irrelevant though considering who the publisher in question is

I don't know how much money the game is making them of course

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
While he is open to returning to work with Konami, I don't see current Konami being interested in making a new Castlevania anytime soon. It won't make them a gazillion yen & would require an actual budget (unlike some collections), so they don't care

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
While he is open to returning to work with Konami, I don't see current Konami being interested in making a new Castlevania anytime soon. It won't make them a gazillion yen & would require an actual budget (unlike some collections), so they don't care
They cobbled together a new Contra, I could see them doing the same for Castlevania. Theywon't hire Artplay or put much budget behind it though.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
They cobbled together a new Contra, I could see them doing the same for Castlevania. Theywon't hire Artplay or put much budget behind it though.
Oh shit, I forgot that a new Contra was announced. I guess they might do some shit like tha. Yeah, not sure if they are interested in bringing Iga back for it, even if he's willing.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I hope he continues doing his own thing and improving on the blood stained concept.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I think Bloodstained has been well received, and he will have full control over it, so I'd imagine he will want to continue working on the series.
Unless Konami offer him a job with a lot of money, which I can't see them doing in their current position.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I think Iga would sooner buy the Castlevania rights from Konami then actively go back to Konami to work on Castlevania.

Also Bloodstained has a lot of little middle finger to Konami moments through the game, I feel like Iga was cool with burning bridges.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I think Iga would sooner buy the Castlevania rights from Konami then actively go back to Konami to work on Castlevania.

Also Bloodstained has a lot of little middle finger to Konami moments through the game, I feel like Iga was cool with burning bridges.
I doubt Konami will ever sell. They are super old school Japanese firm. They don't that type of stuff.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
He has already said that he would like to continue working on the series.
If Konami were to be serious about developing a new game, I'm sure they could outsource that work to his new team.
If Konami wanted to re-hire him to develop a new game internally, that would probably be another matter; but it's unlikely to happen.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Battle of 1999 is all I want. It can be all Bloodstained after that.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
They're still working on bloodstained, getting all the backer stuff out.

And yeah Bloodstained seems like it could do well on the long term, they have two games out, so they can definitely make an another one with the name.

Oct 27, 2017
You act like he has a choice when it comes to Castlevania. It's all depends on (the very small chance of) Konami even making a new game and then asking him

Deleted member 50949

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Dec 16, 2018
I doubt that Konami will ever invite him back considering how awful they treated their former employees while trying to blacklist them from the gaming industry. If he had the chance to make the 1999 game, it's going to be on his own terms, but that's a big IF.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Castlevania's my all-time favorite video game series, and I'd hate to see it completely disappear as far as future releases go, but I think Bloodstained is a worthy replacement for it. I don't think Konami will want Iga back, nor do I think Konami would allow Iga to work on Castlevania again. That said, I don't think it matters, because I think Iga will enjoy having more creative freedom with Bloodstained (or other series) while still keeping the spirit of Castlevania alive.

Zutrax

"This guy are sick"
Oct 31, 2017
Am I missing something? Didn't he leave Konami? He doesn't own the Castlevania IP, so unless he purchased it from konami or they gave it to him (which is extremely unlikely for either) then he definitely won't be working on it anymore. I'm betting Bloodstained will just become the "new Castlevania" and Castlevania will just kind of exist and probably end up being more popular as a TV show from here on than a game franchise.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The implication being konami actually want to make a new game.

Actually I can see Konami having some dev smash out a simple 6 level classicvania download title, not so much for the Iga style game.

Stick to bloodstained, we had a promising start aping Symphony (and CV3 for that matter) and now it's time to see where he can take it to define itself further.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that might explain why we've just had 2 seasons of Castlevania on Netflix and a guest character on Smash.

And *checks notes* no new Castlevania games aside from ports of old games.

The Castlevania show was in the works for years and no one would say no to being in Smash. Doesn't mean Konami is actively interested in making new games.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
And *checks notes* no new Castlevania games aside from ports of old games.

The Castlevania show was in the works for years and no one would say no to being in Smash. Doesn't mean Konami is actively interested in making new games.

I agree, I don't think Konami is interested in making new games, from any franchise but Pro Evolution Soccer for that matter.

But that's not to say the IP itself is dead. There's also been a recent collection.