• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
I've been working from home exclusively for a month and am basically not leaving the apartment at all for the next two weeks so I can justify it.

shem

Oct 25, 2017

Seems notable that while daily tests briefly dipped and have recovered to where they were pre thanksgiving, the cases, hospitalizations, and deaths barely slowed at all or not all. Means the positivity rate is increasing.

Stay the fuck home.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
it's definitely bad to travel. i've already had family ask me to drive to a different part of the state and fly to florida for the holidays like this is a normal thing to do this year. Like, do you not see the number of deaths in the US? Did you forget a pandemic is still raging?

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It also just infuriates me with people who downplay the social pressure and pain. Fucking makes me so mad to see some person who has no idea what the family dynamics are in someone else's family saying "It's so easy! Just don't go it won't kill you!" when people are expressing grief and anxiety about *doing the right thing.*
The people who downplay and make light of family dynamics, say "no" to social interactions, and look down on others who struggle with the notion are the same people who make threads about poop schedules and basic outside interactions. The Venn diagram is one circle, more often than not.

Last edited:

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Out of the question and my family was ready for it since the start of Autumn. We'll settle with just doing a group call during Christmas Eve and everyone is more comfortable doing it this way.

Oct 29, 2017
Nah not worth it. I had plans too. My sister has access to rapid covid tests. Was planning on flying in, getting tested as soon as I got there. But all the exposure on the way there and back, in airports and the plane... just not worth it when it's worse than ever and the vaccine is around the corner.