• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What you do?

• Night man! I pay the trolls toll!

Votes: 284 29.0%
  • Day man! Fighter of the night man!

Votes: 439 44.8%
  • I don't shower!

Votes: 22 2.2%
  • I like both screw the environment!

Votes: 236 24.1%

• Total voters

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Morning is essential. Couldn't leave the house without having used the shower.

Night is optional. Summer or after hard work. But normally the washing at the sink is okay for me and the missus.

Oct 28, 2017
Morning. No matter how clean you enter your bed, you're still spending 7-8 hours secreting oils, sweat and what have you, all hotboxed under a blanket. Everyone smells in the morning. Regardless on whether you clean your sheets weekly, which everyone should.

If I feel dirty during the day or after a workout i'll shower before bed as well, but i'm not going outside/work unless I made sure i'm clean and refreshed.
But think how dirty you are making the bed by sleeping without showering. The right answer is a thorough shower before bed and a light rinsing shower in the morning.

Oct 25, 2017
I shower when I get home from work.
I'm not going to wake up and shower to just head into a factory to get dirty and sweaty.
On the weekends I shower generally in the morning after I've gone to the gym.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just after I wake up.

I work in an office so I like to smell as fresh as possible as I start my day.

When I used to work my previous food industry jobs, I did not want to drag that grit and smell into bed with me so I would take a shower BEFORE bed in those days. Now I freshen up to face the world as fresh as possible after my rest.

I will still occasionally shower before bed if I had a physically strenuous day or exposure to a bunch of grit. I still do a quicker rinse in the morning when that happens, though, but not a second full shower.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to sleep with the grime and muck from an entire day of life is just a wild concept to me.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
Night, always. I hate / don't going to bed feeling grimed up after a the day. Even if just working in and office or after running errands, it's nice to go to bed feeling fresh. Plus I'm not a sweater while I sleep, so I wake up in the morning pretty okay without feeling the need to take a shower. And I change my sheets every week or 1.5 weeks.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really depends on what I do during the day/ where I need to be. Generally morning showers if I need to be somewhere/presentable, night showers the rest of the time.

Jan 7, 2018
Night, I'm not a morning person, I don't have the will power to shower in the morning.
Also, I feel dirty not showering before going to bed, and then there's the fact that I work out during the night.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
It depends. If I work in the morning then I shower at night so I can sleep 20 minutes longer. Any other time I usually shower in the afternoon.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I drink at night so I have to shower in the morning due to that nasty alcohol sweat

Also, I sweat regardless when I sleep so even on a normal night I sweat.

Always AM

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
I can't leave my house without showering and i go to the gym in the morning so i have to shower twice, before and after the gym. If i go out at night or have sex i'll shower again in the same day

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I shower when I get home from work.
I'm not going to wake up and shower to just head into a factory to get dirty and sweaty.

Yeah, that's really the driver of the trends here. Outliers on both sides for sure, but generally blue collar people are showering after work as they get sweaty/dirty on the job while white collar workers are showering before work as they're expected to show up well groomed (no bed head etc.).

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Always the morning time for me. It just doesn't feel right to not take a shower for me first thing in the morning.

Forearms

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's really the driver of the trends here. Outliers on both sides for sure, but generally blue collar people are showering after work as they get sweaty/dirty on the job while white collar workers are showering before work as they're expected to show up well groomed (no bed head etc.).

This may be true for people working with clients, but not the case for many white collar jobs (like tech support, software development, etc).

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
This may be true for people working with clients, but not the case for many white collar jobs (like tech support, software development, etc).

True. Though still a lot of working in close proximity to others (cubicles etc.) and needing to show up clean and not smelly vs. something like a factory job where everyone is getting sweaty on the job. But it's definitely not to the same extreme as people working with clients.

Shinku_King

Nov 11, 2017
It depends, like if I get home after work around 9 or 10pm An don't have to work till noon I'll take a night shower. It just depends on my schedule lol