• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you see more Biden or Trump yard signs in your area?

• More Biden signs

Votes: 113 12.3%
  • More Trump signs

Votes: 261 28.4%
  • About even

Votes: 19 2.1%
  • I see little signs for either in my area

Votes: 285 31.0%
  • I live outside of the US

Votes: 175 19.0%
  • I don't really care. Do you?

Votes: 14 1.5%
  • I don't leave my house, so not sure.

Votes: 53 5.8%

• Total voters

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Visiting my in laws in Massachusetts(about 40 mins away from Boston), don't see too many signs, but the few I've seen have been Biden signs. There's this idiot in a pick up truck who drives around my sis in law's place with huge Trump flags mounted to his truck.

Red Comet

Jan 6, 2018
Biden, but I also live balls deep in the city. When I go outside of the city, and I very rarely do these days, it's overwhelming Trump.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I live on the edge of no man's land in Northern Kentucky, just a few miles south of Cincinnati. Plenty of trumpster fires proudly displaying their bigotry and lunacy. But there are a few Biden homes popping up here and there.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
We don't see Biden signs in our area (North Cobb County in Georgia) period. Trump signs are plenty abundant, though. The fucking neighbor two houses down from us has a giant Trump 2020 banner hanging off his front porch. 🙄

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen much of anything yet. More local stuff though.

Oct 25, 2017
no trump signs yet, but they're coming. I see a ton of Crenshaw signs (Houston Suburb) including neighbors one and two houses to the right of us. haven't decided if we're going to have counter programming this year, our first Beto sign was stolen 2 years ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Signs aren't allowed in my community. People can hate HOAs all they want but I'm glad to not see it whenever I drive in.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
I've seen... very few Biden signs. I still do see a lot of Bernie bumper stickers though lol

However when I get into the more rural areas of my state (NJ) Trump signs & blue flags galore. 🤮

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
North Jersey here, there's very few signs around here but the handful I've seen have all been for Trump. Not seen a single Biden one.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I don't leave my house, so I'm not sure.

However most yard signs here in AZ have usually been for local elections and rarely for presidential candidates. I don't know who most of them are, but they're probably conservative since this is a red state.

Dr. Giggles

Oct 31, 2017
I haven't really seen any Trump or Biden signs where I live. Unfortunately, I see a lot of that rat bastard Devin Nunes signs everywhere. There's one person on my block that had a Hillary sign so I'm expecting a Biden one in the coming weeks.

Oct 25, 2017
I only know of an area down the road from me that has one of each. The Biden one is a normal political yard sign. The trump one is a giant banner across the house.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
A red state, a few Trump flags, but not a lot. I've never seen a MAGA hat in real life.

My fiancee works at Costco and she says that the red hats have slowly started disappearing especially this year. She used to have one customer in particular who wore one EVERY TIME he came in, and he has stopped wearing it. Not sure if that has any reflection on the election, but it's an interesting observation.

Not sure I've seen any Biden signs, but that's not surprising.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Neither really. There's some storage company that has a Trump sign that you see while exiting the freeway but that's it. It's usually spray painted to fuck but they always fix it.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I haven't seen any signs. Kind of weird considering Trump signs were everywhere in 2016.

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
Far Southern Missouri here. It's Trump flags, and yard signs, far as the eye can see. Even saw 'Trump 2020' spelled out in Christmas lights. It's gotten far worse year-by-year, and only increasing. Even our stupid mayor was quoting him when the towns water blew up - "It is what it is". Garbage.

Only Biden related thing I've seen, is an elderly man wearing a Biden 2020 hat. Felt good to see, but god, fuck this state.

Uncle at Nintendo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Jan 3, 2018
I've seen two Biden merch out in the wild. A dude wearing a Biden t-shirt and a single yardsign. There are tons of rednecks with Trump shit around here.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Our suburb of Detroit is fairly blue, but I think a handful of people putting up BLM yard signs triggered the conservatives, because we recently had a bunch of them put up "We love and respect our police" signs. Very few Trump or Biden signs yet. I'm sure they'll multiply before long.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Just outside phoenix, I haven't seen a single Biden sign and only a couple trump signs... Hats and bumper stickers though, those are fucking everywhere.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I think it might be too early.

The Trump signs I see are the same ones that have been there for four years. I did see one Biden/Harris sign today, though. (The same house also had a "Trump 'You're Fired' 2020" sign, which without the Biden sign I would have thought was a pro-Trump sign using an old slogan.)

Last edited:

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
There's a house on my street with a huge Trump flag, and a spotlight on it to make sure you see it at night. I think he has a wind blower too, to make it unfurl, but that's not always on.

I live in Vegas, which is pretty blue (at least enough to make Nevada overall blue), and I just know the guy is dying for someone to confront him or damage the thing. But I don't think anyone's given him the satisfaction of more than a look. Trump is going to lose this state again, worse than last time, and his stupid flag can hang limp forever after.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
I'm in a blue area of Orange County, CA, so I've seen a couple Biden stickers on cars. No yard signs yet. Driving to work in Huntington Beach is another story tho.....

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
The number of votes for more Trump signs is in line with how it's been in my local area as well. I keep telling my family, don't be so sure that Trump is getting voted out. This country is beyond fucked I'm honestly starting to think. If he gets in a second term, it's going to prove there is something very wrong here.

What a stark contrast to when Obama first got elected. I remember feeling, maybe we are finally ready to start moving beyond the old prejudices, and that we were gonna be living in a future where race is meaningless. Ever since Trump was elected though, it's made me think that Obama's election just triggered a bunch of angry resentful assholes into coming out of hiding.

The number of Trump signs that I see, and clearly other posters here have seen as well is truly unsettling. If we were in any kind of healthy, or enlightened society, there would be no Trump signs. We wouldn't even be in this situation.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
my area is pretty blue. i don't see any signs though. the whole staying at home thing etc.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Man this thread has me on edge. It would help a lot if you folks said what state your from.

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
trump supporters think supporting him is some kind of personality trait so seeing it more often doesn't surprise me but in my area i actually see an even amount of warren/biden/trump/bernie. i'm in san diego, ca fwiw.

Dogo Mojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In my experience the people who care about putting a sign out in their yard are older and conservative. My HOA doesn't allow for signage like that so I don't have to know who is a scumbag in my neighborhood.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Empty yards. Sanders had a few signs out until Biden took the lead. Trump had a few signs out until COVID happened. Biden has a handful of signs out in one neighborhood I drive through to get to work. Southern Ohio.

And now that I think about it, the Trump ones didn't look new when they were out. I don't recall Pence or 2020 on any of them. Just red signs that said Trump.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I haven't seen either but I haven't been out of the house much. During the primaries I saw a few Buttigieg, Yang, and Sanders signs.

Maximum Spider

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
I've actually seen quite a few Biden yard signs. My neighborhood and the areas I work around are reliably liberal tho. I still see plenty Trump bumper stickers and blue lives mattter bs.

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
Empty yards. Sanders had a few signs out until Biden took the lead. Trump had a few signs out until COVID happened. Biden has a handful of signs out in one neighborhood I drive through to get to work. Southern Ohio.

And now that I think about it, the Trump ones didn't look new when they were out. I don't recall Pence or 2020 on any of them. Just red signs that said Trump.
Pretty interesting anecdote. Ohio went pretty solid for Trump in 2016. It will be interesting to see if the State switches to Biden based on his remark on Good Year and handlng the Corona Virus.

One thing interesting is your sentiment about Ohio I've heard from people on other networks. So I do hope their is a Blue washing come November in your state.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
haven't seen any but around october i expect to see shitloads of trump signs. dems aren't paricularly "vocal" here despite being in a blue district

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any historic explanation for how the trend of putting up yard signs for politicians started? As a European it's always strange to see how widespread it is in the US.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Living in Ohio. People walk around with MAGA hats around here and the yards are littered with Trump signs. I've seen my fair share of rebel flags flying and where I live has a lot of motorcycle gangs. Some kids tried to have a BLM peaceful protest nearby and the bikers beat up some little girls.