• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hi squirrel.

• Yes.

Votes: 766 90.0%
  • No.

Votes: 85 10.0%

• Total voters

Sadire

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 31, 2017
Yes, quite often.

Unless there's other people around.
I also have a tendency to wink at them, like we have some mischief planned or something.

That's outside though.

At home, entire philosophical conversations and debates, the whole nine yards with my dogs.

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Since I work now because of the pandemic, I see my squirrels all day at my bird feeders. I've started getting them peanuts in the shell. I speak to them constantly. They are my friends. I am the squirrel king.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
That dog's face always cracks me up.
12417603_934656069944862_4374006152214048281_n.jpg

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
The animal doesn't speak English.

To answer the question, no. I don't speak to babies and toddlers either.
Both animals and kids respond to people talking to them and it's actually very important for development and general wellbeing for both.

Animals may not speak our language but they do pick up on the messages and tone we are conveying and talking to them can form closer bonds. I have had a couple of dogs and over a douzen cats in my life and spoke to all of them. Many cats I have had would always talk back and converse with me in their own way.

It's why making a form of translator for cats is impossible because they form their own language depending on the owner so a stranger wouldn't understand a cat talking but a good owner will.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Both animals and kids respond to people talking to them and it's actually very important for development and general wellbeing for both.

Animals may not speak our language but they do pick up on the messages and tone we are conveying and talking to them can form closer bonds. I have had a couple of dogs and over a douzen cats in my life and spoke to all of them. Many cats I have had would always talk back and converse with me in their own way.

It's why making a form of translator for cats is impossible because they form their own language depending on the owner so a stranger wouldn't understand a cat talking but a good owner will.
Sure, but if its not my pet or child I don't have any vested interest in helping their development or making them do something or whatever.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dogs cats, the occasional fox or squirrel. And the family of robins that have made their home in the warehouse at work.

Try and stare out goats sometimes.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and when I had fish I used to mock them for some reason or call them goons cause they were rowdy AF 😅

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
Motherfucker I say hello to spiders and crickets. Anything with a spine gets a full press interview.