• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I always say goodbye to the cats and feed them right before I leave in the morning.

Personally...I'm not sure they care. Makes me feel good though.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
"You two stay here be good. I love you, I'll miss you, and I'll be back..." and at this point I agonize over whether I think I'll be back soon, or later, or eventually. If I say soon and then as I'm leaving realize I have enough errands to run that it'll be more than two hours, I feel bad as I walk to the car.

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
I give her a little peck on the head and send love energy beams into her brain. She's pretty happy to be taking my warm spot in the bed.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sing my dog a little "I'll be home soon" song every time. He gets occasional separation anxiety, so I think consistency in routine and tone is important.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Usually I tease her about getting a job before I leave for work in the morning.

"The word for today is job. J-O-B. Get on it you little free loader. Time to start pulling your weight."

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
My dog is almost never alone when I leave, but I always say "bye, I'll back soon"

May 10, 2019
Always say goodbye when leaving but sometimes I get the feeling my cat is really saying this...

InfamousUnevenCaracal-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I don't currently have a pet, but yes, I said goodbye 100% of the time when I did. I would also explain how long I'd be away. "I'll be back after work!" Obviously I know they can't understand, but I liked it. :)

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
When my dog was still alive I always said goodbye and seeya in the evening and waved and always hugged her or layed down next to her when I came home late in the night.

Because one day she couldn't get up anymore and when I came home from work she wasn't there anymore.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
see ya later alligator

and then run out of the apartment screaming while being chased by said alligator

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Peck on the head and see you later

Humans are funny

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
I say bye to my dog and that I'll see her later. Sometimes I might just tell her to go back to sleep

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
When I still had a dog, rest in peace Tubbs, I'd always either drop him off at my ex's mom's place (who loved him) or doggy daycare, and always said "you be good today buddy". Which he never was. He was an extremely willful and curious beagle. If something could be climbed by a four legged animal, he climbed it.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I just look at her and make sure I leave water and food. If I do any more than that, it will just work her up for no reason just to see me go out.

For more context when I used to give her a pat/rub and she clearly sees I'm in attire to go out she thought she was going out too. So I would hear frantic barking after I left.

I decided to stop doing that and she got the picture I'm going out and will be back later. Only time she barks when I go out is when she knows/thinks it's time for one of her daily walks.

Last edited:

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
A nice head scratch followed by an "I love you, see you later" to me cat. She is very old and just quietly sleeps most of the day so no worries. God I love her.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Got couple of dogs in the household and I always tell them goodbye in the morning and pet them a bit. Unless one is misbehaving. Then I say, "Goodbye dinner."

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Not when I leave, but I always greet my dogs every morning I come back home. They bark like nuts every time the front door opens thinking it's an intruder.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
If I'm going to be out for the day, yeah, I'll say something to my cats. If I'm just going to the store or something though I don't, usually.

oni_saru

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
"portencen bien"

Which is "be good" in English

I have four kitties and they're little shits sometimes xD