• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

How do you respond

• K

Votes: 95 14.9%
  • Ok

Votes: 294 46.2%
  • Okay

Votes: 194 30.5%
  • Kay

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • I'm an emoji person

Votes: 45 7.1%

• Total voters

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I use more then one.

Sometimes I'll just say/type "k" and other times use "ok." Just depends on the question/response I'm giving.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
1817771_1.jpg

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
K and it's soundalike variants are the most passive-aggressive "I don't care/I'm not listening" options.

I say "Alright"

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Ok or Okay.

The less letters you use the more likely someone is to think you are being a quiet asshole or a passive aggressive asshole who resents them.

To a degree replying with just "okay" does that even. But "k" does for sure.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
OK or okΓ©, the latter being the Dutch version of okay.

Speaking of Dutch: in that language 'kk' is shorthand for 'kanker' (cancer, the disease) and is the biggest and most frowned upon cuss word in the Netherlands. I know it stands for ok in English, but I can't help but read it like I would in Dutch.

It is a weird abbreviation anyway. The o and the k are right next to each other, so what is the point of typing k twice?

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Okay is the only choice.

"K" makes you sound like a jerk who can't be bothered to type more than one character.
"KK" makes you sound like a weeaboo.
"OK" is fine, but not as good as "okay"
I've literally never seen anyone use "Kay"