Do you plan to leave Twitter after the Elon Musk takeover?

• Yes, I'm gone

Votes: 497 15.8%
  • No, I'll stay

Votes: 1,114 35.4%
  • Can't leave because I'm already not there

Votes: 888 28.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 645 20.5%

• Total voters

redmason81

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 18, 2022
I could see both answers as valid. The more people that leave Twitter, the worse it is for their business. On the other hand, if many liberal voices leave Twitter, then it seems that Elon Musk has won. Do you plan to leave Twitter after the Elon Musk takeover?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
No, I'll stay for now. But I will have an exit plan in case things go to shit. Elon is a big shit for sure, but I don't see the platform changing immediately or in any significant way at the moment.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
No unless they start reinstating prominent figureheads who've previously been banned for disinformation

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Likely not. I really just use it for nesbot feeds so I can see new threads. No other reason for me to use it.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
No and I doubt many will considering there is really no where else to go.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I've been seeing people say for ten years now that they are going to leave Twitter and in the end they don't leave because there is not a alternative. I guess this time it will be the same.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
As much as I dislike Elon, Twitter for me is all about the people I follow that use it. Unless everyone I cared about moved to another platform, I'm most likely not leaving

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I barely post on it and just like it as a news aggregator, so no. Musk is a jackass, but he doesn't strike me as any more psychotic than the average social media president.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i only use social media to look at specific accounts for deals and shit, i don't spend hours per day scrolling through insta/twitter feeds. so it doesn't really matter to me who owns it or what they do with it

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I don't like video/picture dominant platforms. I like having something text-forward, so when there is an alternative then I'll think about it. I'm also not on Twitter very much but it's nice for sports/news information at times.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Unless their policies get really shitty to the point of interfering with how I already use it, no. There's no good alternative that people I know use. (Yes, I know Mastodon exists, and no, I don't care for it.)

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Unlikely, unless every good account I'm following does. My twitter feed is pretty well curated to what I want it to be.

PennyStonks

Banned
May 17, 2018
Twitter is basically just a text/image hosting site that I see hyperlinks to everywhere. Never had a need or want to actually use twitter

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nah but I can see a casual disinterest building as it goes on depending on how it's moderated.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only there for wario64. So if he stays, I stay. If not, there's no reason for me to be there.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
no. its my rss feed. ill just let it slowly die and move over to whatever is the new thing in a couple years

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am not on twitter right now (I read it from time to time but never tweeted and I have not plan to), but I am having hard time understanding Elon Musk ownership should be red line.
Twitter is currently owned by horrible people and that platform is filled with Nazis.
I don't doubt Elon Musk ability to make things worse, but I don't know that the platform is crossing some moral threshold to me just because the company changed the rich assholes who own them.

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
depends how downhill it goes
if he somehow manages to improve it, then good?

I don't worship people but i am also not against using useful things

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Unless their policies get really shitty to the point of interfering with how I already use it, no. There's no good alternative that people I know use. (Yes, I know Mastodon exists, and no, I don't care for it.)
Mastodon is simply too obtuse with its server/instance system for random users who just want to follow funny people, their local government, some newspaper and some celebrities and business.

The decentralized approach is not a realistic alternative for the needs of the random Twitter user.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really use it beyond what gets linked to Twitter from other sites so it's hard to leave per se. I only use my actual account during an event for about 1 week per year, always adblock it, and it's all nonsensical memey garbage that I can't imagine could ever provide them with useful, sellable data. So while I'd probably stray further from it, it's not like they're likely getting anything from me as it is

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yes, absolutely. I only use it for news and there are other sources of the news.

Musk is buying Twitter specifically to open up the left to be harassed by the right (otherwise he'd just start his own), there's no reason for me or anyone else to play that game. The right exists solely to feed on LIBERAL TEARS so anyone that sticks around is encouraging and feeding that.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I don't really interact with Twitter. I just use it as a news feed and the occasional funny videos. I don't really tweet, like, or retweet anything.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll wait and see how hands-on/off Elon will be. If those banned right-wing hate speech propagandists come back to pollute the platform, I'm off.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
for me, it will more depend what he does. If like day one he unbans Trump, im gone. Him just owning it, ill probably stay.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I left after being surrounded by depressing stories from all my Trans friends and for my own mental health I couldn't take the transphobia.

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gone. Don't want to take part in eventually making this man earn more money. Such a douche bag.

skinny teeth teeth

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 21, 2022
Absolutely. The one redeeming factor about Twitter is that they knocked Trump down a peg. When he inevitably gets let back on the website, it's going to destroy what we've built the last 2 years with him out of the public eye.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
Nah. Unless shit goes the way of Tumblr I'll stay around. But the second it goes south I'm fucking gone, dude.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Twitter account but I barely use it. Musk owning Twitter will reduce that level of use to 0.