• Yes

Votes: 920 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 201 17.9%

• Total voters

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So the discussion crops up at times about the Era consensus of Persona 5. Some people claim that Era doesn't like the game given that people are often quick to complain whenever it's brought up.

Others say it's simply a vocal minority and the game is still well liked. And honestly I've gotten curious where the numbers lay myself.

So let's get an actual metric shall we? Simple question. Do you like Persona 5, yes or no? It doesn't matter if you preferred an other title or where disappointed by certain things, just comes down to the end if you liked the game or not.

This isn't the thread to complain about others taste or to insult people. Everyone is allowed their own opinion. I simply want to figure out just what everyone thinks.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
YES

I had to take a break from it though.

Im not big on turn based JRPGs anymore but I liked persona.

Characters can be annoying but overall its such a different experience.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
I don't hate it. It's a very disappointing game with some of the worst dungeons I've experienced. But I liked the side characters lol
It's ok.

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
I think I can. It's the only game aside from RDR2 that I abandoned in the last several years but I'm going to give it another chance when it comes to Switch.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust people that don't.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
one of my biggest letdowns this gen. Nowhere near is a charming as the previous instalments, i don't like the characters and the game feels like a chore.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
I had a ton of fun with it. I didn't finish it, but I played it a shitload. I'll revisit it someday, likely on Switch or PC if those versions end up happening

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
I had a ton of problems with it and I prefer Tokyo Mirage Sessions over it but I didn't hate it. So yes?

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a ridiculous question to even ask. It was the #6 game on Era's all time RPGs list, and the #4 game on the GOTY list. Yes, mostly everyone really likes it. A few people don't like it, they are entitled to not like it, but they are the ones who are more emphatic with their opinion on the game than the ones who do like it, much as is the case for any other game.

Deleted member 30151

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I never heard anything bad about the game besides the die hard Shin Megami Tensei fans who don't like the style of the games anymore.

I, for myself, I never really got into the game. The hand holding was annoying as fuck and Persona 5 never really let go of my hand so that I can get a feel for the world. I know this is pretty normal for japanese role playing games, but Atlus knows how to annoy me with such sections/prologues especially.

On the other hand, Atlus promised with the very first artwork some kind of a different game we actually received. What we received offers you the well known High School setting.

I will give the game another chance when my backlog is cleared. I think it deserves a chance. An enhanced version for Switch would be sweet.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
I haven't finished it yet but I like what I've played so far.
It's a bit daunting knowing it's a 100+ hour game :)

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Its fantastic and the best persona in most regards, apart from story and characters which are all personal preference

There are certainly moments where the story gets long winded, and theres alot of repetition in regards to what they say ( or the typical japenese writing trope of repeating the last word of someones sentence and asking them what it means )

Plus whilst some characters are great, haru doesnt really get an opportunity to shine, and personally i feel like the almost 10 year gap in between games, they could have improved the story of each of the social links, and made a voiced protagonist. But the social link side stuff has been a problem for persona for a while in terms of writing

It also misses the great story and character bonding moments, espcially from the likes of 4.

But its strength are in its world, presentation, music, art style, characters, voice acting, and combat/ dungeon improvement. Plus i think its overall concept is of going into to peoples imaginations or whatever is alot stronger and more interesting, hence the much better villains, then ' look theres this random place where we fight weird things'

Plus i preffered 5here being definitive villains and arcs.

semiconscious

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
tied with red dead redemption 2 for my 'disappointment of the generation'. don't really hate either game. just found both to be hugely disappointing, & inferior to what came before...

Oct 27, 2017
You can like something and have valid complaints about it. I enjoyed my time and have fond memories even if I wouldn't subject myself to another 80-90 hours of it again. Game should have had 30% of it cut

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Kinda. Game goes on for way too long and has a way weaker cast than 4. I also found the dungeons pretty boring and the story starts strong but gradually gets weaker as it goes on.

I do love the way the game looks, the combat has a great flow to it and is satisfying, along with some great boss fights.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The farther I get from it the more the problems stand out.

It's the best written of the New Persona trilogy with genuinely smart and passionate things to say about a society that snubs the young and protects abject scum as long as they're rich and powerful enough, and it's so satisfying as a power fantasy to have a game where you can knock them down a peg.

But then you get the cringy anime bullshit the game requires by law as a JRPG, and it poisons the well.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't hate it but I don't love it.

The more I think about the game the more I want changed. Hopefully the next version fixes some of the problems.

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Yes I did. Super stylish game, great writing. It does out stay its welcome a little bit towards the end of the game. And too many evenings in game where all your character can do is go to bed.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
My favorite JRPG from this gen, but they have to tune down the homophobia, sexism and creepyness for P6

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Sure. It has issues, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it. Better than P3 and 4 at least.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
The thing I've always been curious to hear is how many newcomers disliked it. Persona 5 would have been a lot of peoples first Persona game and a lot of the time when I see people disappointed in the game it's due to expectations coming off of the previous games (mainly 4).