• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
As the tile asks, do you have a game you come back to every year. For a while, it used to Resident Evil 4 but since 2015, it's been Bloodborne. I love all of the souls games including Sekiro but Bloodborne just keeps me coming back and falling in love with it again. I gush about the game to anyone whenever it is brought up until said person I am talking to tells me they are not interested in my theories about the Healing Church and the Choir and flees the conversation as stand in the middle of the party trying to make "contact". How about y'all? I am interested to hear the games that you just can't quit.

giphy.gif

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I used to do this with Max Payne 1 & 2 back when I was playing on PC
Nowadays it's the Gears series. Not annual anymore but still quite often

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
I've been replaying Crash 3 a couple times each year for idontknowhowlong now.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I replay Dark Souls 1 and We <3 Katamari basically yearly.

Hollow Knight and Breath of the Wild are there as well so far, although it's only been three years since they released and have sequels on the way so I don't know if that trend will continue or if I'll move on to the new titles.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Once a year I blow through this gem.
Best GameCube launch game and one of my favorite games of all time.

Pretty short but infinitely re-playable so it keeps me coming back.

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
Age of empires 2. Seems like I play it religiously for 1-4 weeks during the summer. Was a childhood game, then a college game, and now it's a way to destress from work... Maybe I'm going to boot it up when I get home...

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
We're talking replays and not online/continuing games right?

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, it's a big enough effort for me to finish new games the first time through, I'm not bothering to replay games I've already finished. lol

Trieu

Feb 22, 2019
Old PS1 Resident Evil games probably. I definitely play RE3 more than once a year. Other than that Final Fantasy, but I don't play a specific FF game every year but rather one out of a pool of my favorite FF games once per year. 2018 was FF9 and 2019 was FF8

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
I pretty near play a few SNES games, like Donkey Kong Country 2, Zelda: A Link to the Past, and Super Mario World, once a year. I play them often since I can easily clear these games in less than 10 hours. Too many of my other favourites are too long to play once a year.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I dont get how anyone can go back to a game that regularly.
Or even has the time to go back to games at all.
I'm always moving on to the next thing, normally something in my backlog, while adding new games to my backlog lol

Oct 25, 2017
The Last Guardian has been my christmas game every year since release. I do think it'll no longer be the case this year, though, but we'll see. Maybe as we get closer to christmas I'll feel like playing it again.

I do replay Souls games and Sekiro all the time, but it's far too often to consider it an annual thing.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Mass effect 2 though not recently, I used to play the game once a year for about 6 years

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Once a year I blow through this gem.
Best GameCube launch game and one of my favorite games of all time.

Pretty short but infinitely re-playable so it keeps me coming back.

man the GameCube was my first console of that gen and I remember the trails on the x-wing missiles blowing my mind

Playing through games annually is tough because I just don't have the time and so many modern games are major commitments. But I pretty much play through Super Metroid every time it is released on a new platform.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Shining the Holy Ark for Saturn for the past 4 years (spent countless hours on it when I was 14).
I'd kill for a sequel or spiritual successor that would be as perfect in its gameplay, graphics and OST.

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
I have tended to replay Pokémon Leaf Green and/or HGSS yearly, or at max every other year, for years now.

I feel like I'll probably replay Sword as a Nuzlocke next year at some point once I've had enough with my first play and the DLC

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Ridge Racer 2 on PSP. Can't get enough of it, and I'm still waiting for a new one.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Dark Souls 3, BOTW, TLOU and GoW.

and i'm gonna add Link's Awakening Remake.

these are my feel good games.

Yoyo81

Nov 1, 2017
As the tile asks, do you have a game you come back to every year. For a while, it used to Resident Evil 4 but since 2015, it's been Bloodborne. I love all of the souls games including Sekiro but Bloodborne just keeps me coming back and falling in love with it again. I gush about the game to anyone whenever it is brought up until said person I am talking to tells me they are not interested in my theories about the Healing Church and the Choir and flees the conversation as stand in the middle of the party trying to make "contact". How about y'all? I am interested to hear the games that you just can't quit.

giphy.gif
Christmas Nights on Sega Saturn each Christmas holidays season.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not annually, but I have a few I play through pretty often. Deus Ex (the original) is one, Half Life 2 was one for awhile but it's been years since I last played. Chrono Trigger is another, the only game I beat on my Analog Super NT.

Currently playing through Deus Ex, so this is a well timed thread for me.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
The Last of Us every October since 2015. I don't know why. I just feel like it's the perfect time to do so.

Might have to add Part II this year as well!

breander

Oct 27, 2017
I try to play Silent Hill 2 about every other year. Just enough time for my brain to forget some parts of it.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Chrono Trigger is always in my 3DS case. I just play through, NG+ and go through again.