• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you/Have You replayed Last of us 2 because of its quality?

• Yes

Votes: 922 50.2%
  • No

Votes: 914 49.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 29, 2018
I did a second playthrough about a year after it came out. I liked it the first time but I definitely appreciated it more on a replay. I'm sure I'll play it again someday.

Vargas

Oct 27, 2017
After getting the platinum not really. The game has an awful set of characters and I have no real reason to revisit the world.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
No.

One of the problems is that to justify another playthrough, I would need to play it on a harder difficulty. While that means probably retrying combat segments potentially dozens of times because of deaths, it also means that I will have to obsessively search every fucking drawer or cabinet that will all be 80% empty during the games constant walking segments for fear of making the next combat segment even harder for myself. That fucks up the flow nearly as much as restarting a section does a dozen times, on top of feeling draining and dispiriting

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Not at the moment. I just finished my 8th-ish replay about a week ago.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
No. It's far too long of a game. They should have left some of it on the cutting room floor. There are other games to play.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I really have to play this on PS5. I don't really play anything anymore and haven't for most of 2021, though. Maybe I can get myself to replay it once I've have some personal stuff off the plate.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
I was one of those people who really didn't like the story/writing. While I enjoyed the gameplay, even that got stale to me by the end.

D O T

Jan 1, 2021
Nope, no thanks, if they ever come out to pc, maybe I'll buy it on sale.

TLOU2 gameplay wise is very good and far more superior than the first. That's all I can say.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
I do, because it was my game of the year/generation all things considered. But I've got plenty of new things I haven't finished, and part of me still hopes for a proper PS5 update.

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
One of the best games ive ever played, i love it. I did three playthroughs and its my only plat:

IMG_3967.png

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
Maybe years down the line but it's still too soon. It's also just not the style of game that I'd normally replay, theirs no real choices or variation.

ffframe

alt account
Banned
Nov 29, 2021
No. It was too long. There's no branching narrative so outside of replaying specific combat encounters for fun, I've been done with it since seeing the credits. I don't care about achievements.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a desire to play it a first time. Seems like a sad bad time. Shouldn't have bought the thing. Don't know what I was thinking.

RedHand

Oct 27, 2017
I really like TLOU2 and think it's quite a bit better than the first one, but I don't see myself replaying it (or at least not any time soon). IMO, the game's one glaring weakness is that it's a bit padded. A thorough playthrough took me about 35 hours, and I'm of the opinion that you could probably shave 8–10 hours total from various points in the campaign still preserve all the good stuff. So a replay becomes a very tough sell when you combine the facts that it's not only extremely long for the genre, but also somewhat padded and unrelentingly oppressive in terms of tone and atmosphere.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I haven't, but I will eventually, because of the quality.