• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you guys like getting Classically Abby advertisements on YouTube?

• Yes because I’m a masochist

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • No, fuck the Shapiros

Votes: 267 62.8%
  • Let’s say, hypothetically, that I did, in fact, get my wife wet

Votes: 146 34.4%

• Total voters

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get them so they might be for the states only.

I do however get the equally repulsive Nigel Fartarge Ads

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Ads on YouTube? I don't know what that's like. But I do know that you're basically advertising her right now by posting this thread.
I understand where you're coming from but I don't think it's fair to accuse people of discussing something they are already forced to see all the time as advertising that thing. "I hate this thing and it sucks" isn't going to convert new viewers to the Shapiros, especially on a forum like ours where people are going to be predisposed to despising conservative advertising efforts. I generally don't agree that we should not discuss things we dislike because it could somehow result in propagation of it.

However, we both pay for premium because we hate ads so obviously we both prefer a world where this content doesn't exist. I too dislike having it shown to me. I spend most days acting like the Shapiro family does not exist. Today will be no different. Dumb as rocks people. It is an injustice we must pay money to avoid their nonsense.

GokouD

Oct 30, 2017
Why do you guys look at to get all this crap? All I get is ads for Grammerly lol

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand where you're coming from but I don't think it's fair to accuse people of discussing something they are already forced to see all the time as advertising that thing. "I hate this thing and it sucks" isn't going to convert new viewers to the Shapiros, especially on a forum like ours where people are going to be predisposed to despising conservative advertising efforts. I generally don't agree that we should not discuss things we dislike because it could somehow result in propagation of it.

However, we both pay for premium because we hate ads so obviously we both prefer a world where this content doesn't exist. I too dislike having it shown to me. I spend most days acting like the Shapiro family does not exist. Today will be no different. Dumb as rocks people. It is an injustice we must pay money to avoid their nonsense.
Eh, you're right. At the same time you have to remember that us regular posters aren't the only ones who view this forum. There are many many lurkers.
Abby Shapiro uses her good looks to lure in and disarm people so she can more easily spread her hateful conservative philosophy. I just feel like by posting this there could be even one person that goes "ooh. She's cute" and WHAM, she got 'em.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I watched her voluntarily once to see what the horror was about.

Never again. The cringe was unbearable.

Oct 27, 2017
Premium paying for itself not ever having to see any of that.
This. In another thread I said it's the biggest waste of money I spend that is also worth every penny. And I don't use YT for politics at all. My recommended videos are mostly about space and board games, lol. Occasionally one or two garbage recommends pop up that I have to immediately squash like roaches.

Stop looking at right-wing videos, or "dunks" on right-wing videos, or anything remotely related to right-wing videos.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Eh, you're right. At the same time you have to remember that us regular posters aren't the only ones who view this forum. There are many many lurkers.
Abby Shapiro uses her good looks to lure in and disarm people so she can more easily spread her hateful conservative philosophy. I just feel like by posting this there could be even one person that goes "ooh. She's cute" and WHAM, she got 'em.
I think that's too much responsibility to put on yourself. If you hold yourself responsible for the political collapse of every weak-willed hypothetical person with no critical thinking you will lose your mind. It's very stressful to always accommodate people who may or may not exist, you know? We can always come up with some theoretical person to act around but that person isn't actually real. As natural as it may feel to fear this person they exist only as a possibility.

We are real people whov'e had lousy experiences we want to complain about. It can be useful for us to relate to one another and connect over our mutual irritation with something. This can produce solutions on how to avoid these ads. Or it can bolster awareness that we're held ransom by advertising where unless we can pay our way out we are totally trapped. I will usually prioritize the experiences of real people over my concern for one I'm afraid may exist. Of course there are times where there's nothing to be gained by discussing something like this and in that case it's more a waste of our limited energy. Maybe this is one of those times. Heck if I am the one to decide that.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as confrontational or anything. I'm not even trying to change your mind, I just thought this was an interesting opportunity to trade perspectives. I completely respect where you're coming from and I don't think you're fear is unfounded. For me personally I tend to think I have enough stress right in front of me so I try to be pragmatic about additional stress I put on myself - in this case acting a certain way for the benefit of someone I imagined. Even if this kind of person is real and is reading this right now I don't think it's our fault they suck so much.

This part is just for the lurker about to red pill because they think Abby Shapiro is attractive: stop it dude you gotta be kidding me.

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
All I've seen for two weeks is the ad for Blue Diamond almonds with the guy who should have never considered a flattop given his face and head shape. What the hell are you guys watching that you get ads from Ben fuckin' Shapiro's' sister?

hidys

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Aren't conservative guys really thirsty for her feet?
EtvYIA3UYAE2Vva

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
Jimmy Snow (Mr. Atheist) has been making a lot of videos debunking her shit. He also tears apart Kaitlin Bennet, The Wife Transformed, and a host of other right wing evangelical lunatics.

Deleted member 90924

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2021
YouTube ads are pretty bad. I was getting car ads for like 6 months after buying a car, same thing with mattress ads and engagement rings. I routinely get like weird anime mobile game ads even though I don't watch anime or anything anime related really.

I would just say accept that YouTube ads suck and use ad blocker (if you aren't on mobile, which I sadly am usually).

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
God I get this fucking woman's videos on my mobile devices advertised all the time. I fucking hate it.

i Can't believe I could hypothetically just pay youtube to advertise my political dribble videos, it's mind blowing they allow it.

Deleted member 90924

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 29, 2021
Another thing, YouTube is awful about funneling people towards right-wing content if they watch any political content at all.

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
i used to see her ads all the time around the election, but they stopped not too long after

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think that's too much responsibility to put on yourself. If you hold yourself responsible for the political collapse of every weak-willed hypothetical person with no critical thinking you will lose your mind. It's very stressful to always accommodate people who may or may not exist, you know? We can always come up with some theoretical person to act around but that person isn't actually real. As natural as it may feel to fear this person they exist only as a possibility.

We are real people whov'e had lousy experiences we want to complain about. It can be useful for us to relate to one another and connect over our mutual irritation with something. This can produce solutions on how to avoid these ads. Or it can bolster awareness that we're held ransom by advertising where unless we can pay our way out we are totally trapped. I will usually prioritize the experiences of real people over my concern for one I'm afraid may exist. Of course there are times where there's nothing to be gained by discussing something like this and in that case it's more a waste of our limited energy. Maybe this is one of those times. Heck if I am the one to decide that.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as confrontational or anything. I'm not even trying to change your mind, I just thought this was an interesting opportunity to trade perspectives. I completely respect where you're coming from and I don't think you're fear is unfounded. For me personally I tend to think I have enough stress right in front of me so I try to be pragmatic about additional stress I put on myself - in this case acting a certain way for the benefit of someone I imagined. Even if this kind of person is real and is reading this right now I don't think it's our fault they suck so much.

This part is just for the lurker about to red pill because they think Abby Shapiro is attractive: stop it dude you gotta be kidding me.
Hey friend, I appreciate the thoughtful and thorough response. As I said before I mostly agree with your points. At the same time I feel we should be careful about signal boosting right wing provacatuers, something this forum seems to have a problem with (I.E. everything Bill Maher says something dumb).
I can admit complaining about it in this instance was probably nitpicky on my part. The YT recommendation algorithm is definitely a problem. Thankfully I've had a YT account for a good long while so the robot knows not to try to send me any of that poppycock.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of her, so I gave her 5 minutes watching the first video on her page.

"A sponsor dropped me and another content creator because we are conservative! WE ARE BEING DISCRIMINATED AGAINST!!!"

Typical, mundane trash YouTube whining.

Finale Fireworker

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Hey friend, I appreciate the thoughtful and thorough response. As I said before I mostly agree with your points. At the same time I feel we should be careful about signal boosting right wing provacatuers, something this forum seems to have a problem with (I.E. everything Bill Maher says something dumb).
I can admit complaining about it in this instance was probably nitpicky on my part. The YT recommendation algorithm is definitely a problem. Thankfully I've had a YT account for a good long while so the robot knows not to try to send me any of that poppycock.
I feel you completely. Take care and peace!

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
Only reason I know about her is from Vaush videos making fun of her and her big mommy milkies.

Thank God for YouTube premium.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I don't get ads like that. I only get ads from those assholes that want to sell me on their unique business concept or course so I can easily earn 5 figures without lifting a finger.

Or shitty F2P mobile games.

It's usually one or the other. Seems like because I like games and work in online marketing this is somehow the demographic I land in.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
My ads are all cursed Chinese mobile games. If youtube figures out you play a gacha game, God help you

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Please, in the name of all things holy, tell me this isn't real.
This isn't a real tweet...is it?
What the fuck

I didn't even know he had a sister. There are two of these morons taking up valuable breathing space?
I saw her everywhere a while back when they clearly dumped a massive amount of cash into building up her youtube. But, after a couple of weeks it mostly stopped.

This is fake, right?
this isnt real as much as it probably is true lol
I did some Googling around, but honestly I can't find a clear answer. We really are through the looking glass regarding Poe's Law.
Apparently it's real but he deleted it. Although Reddit says it's fake.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of her and never gotten an ad for her on YouTube. It's just been a lot of ad content related to the videos I watch (mostly skateboard ads, and some local corona prevention ads).