• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SaiyanRaoh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I spent the weekend playing my Launchbox emulation setup. Played various PS2, GameCube and Saturn and PSX.
It was really nice not seeing any of the shit in almost every game today like micro transactions, online multiplayer this, community intergration that. It felt so good that once I booted up the PS4 and saw the UI, it just felt wrong and I wanted to turn it off. I don't know how much longer I can endure the "luxuries" of gaming today. I deal with gaming communities as little as possible.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You don't have to be a part of the "gaming community" as a whole.

Just treat it as multiple communities that are unrelated to each other beyond a liking for games. You would be belonging to the "non-shitty gaming community for normal people", which there are a lot of members of here, on the internet, and in real life, despite all the vocal shitheels groveling around. Those people are actually members of another community called "losers and bigots who happen to like games".

Also, big virtual hug!

Deleted member 4037

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are good people here and there that are nice to talk to, but there are days where even era is just toxic nonsense. No sense in talking with some people, just find the aspects that make you happy

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I like to stay informed, despite the BS. But when I feel overwhelmed/annoyed by it, I turn it off and, well, play some games. :)

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
So many Toxic, pathetic gamers out there.

and that rise up thing, give me a break.

Mostly here though you folks are okay, maybe about 1% aren't.

Molto

Oct 27, 2017
1378623855885.gif

Seriously though, just enjoy games and forget the other stuff. There's toxicity in a lot of different communities, and the internet in general. Focus on the things you enjoy rather than the things you hate.

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly can't be that bothered to care. My real life is stressful enough that the toxicity of the gaming community, and internet in general, doesn't really get to me much. Sometimes I get in debates but I'm usually over it very soon after and don't really think about it after that

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely positively unequivocally yes, have been for over a decade at this point. Pockets are great- it's why I'm here- I couldn't imagine losing the joy of discussing and detailing Soulsborne games with the other hollowed on ERA. But in my own estimation I personally find value in maybe 13% of the threads that are posted day-to-day. It's the same mindless dickwaving hobby store shop talk you can hear in any nerd corner on earth, it was tiresome as a child and it's even more tiresome as an adult who can choose where to spend my time and effort and energy.

Didn't give a fuck about nerds arguing asinine semantics or debating top tens or the importance of animu tropes then, don't give a fuck now. Ignore that shit and find the niche that rewards the discussion you seek. On that front, the internet is fantastic. I'm here for the Mama Robotnik threads, the dedicated Metroidvania scouters, the people telling me about FEZ and Hyper Light Drifter.

Also, for people saying "that's just the internet" no, it's really not. Many many many groups of people have evolved past wondering if bikini tits might be demeaning to the fairer sex. Gaming directly taps into adolescence, the anti-thesis of growing the fuck up and acting and thinking like a goddamn adult.

Last edited: