• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Before the shutdowns, I rarely if ever cooked on the weekends. I did mostly sandwiches, restaurants, or delivery. Maybe a pasta dish here and there. As things open up and the weather has gotten nicer, I may get back into that.

I do enjoy cooking a lot, but it's nice not to have to do it on the weekend and take a damn break lol.

What's your weekend food routine? Cooking all your meals? A mix of cooking and restaurants? Ready-made foods like cereal and delivery?

btags

Oct 26, 2017
Gaithersburg MD
Mostly cooking my own meals. I find it relaxing and it i a fun way for me to try a bunch of stuff I otherwise wouldn't while keeping costs down.

OnkelC

Oct 27, 2017
Fridays are Pizza days, but apart from that, I'd say that I cook the food for the family around 20-25 days a month.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I'm the reverse, I prefer cooking on weekends since I have more free time. I'm more likely to just get something quick on weekdays because if I only have like 4 hours after work I usually don't want to spend a big chunk of that cooking.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cook almost every day, and it's even more likely that I'm cooking during the weekend because of the extra free time.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
I cook my meals 95% of the time. Sunday is usually meal prep day if I'm not being lazy. I'll prep a bunch of food for the week.

This weekend I'm hosting two dinners (two different fathers days), so there's no way in hell I'm meal prepping this Sunday...just gonna eat leftovers.

One will be:
Baby back ribs
Brisket
Cornbread
Corn on the cob
Swiss Chard
Apple/Rhubarb Crisp

The other (much simpler):
Sous-vide pork chops
Bucatini Arrabbiata
Homemade sourdough
Kale Caesar
More Apple/Rhubarb Crisp

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Probably would go out once or twice over the weekend. Not more than that. I would rather cook than spend money eating out.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I try to cook but Saturday dinner we've been doing carry out just because it's easy and I don't feel like cooking.We'll get lunch sometimes out from a easy place if we have no plans. This Saturday it's fondue for lunch and carryout wings for dinner.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cooking almost every day mofos.

Healthier, tastes better.

Essential tools: Big pot, fancy rice cooker, bamboo steamer, pan.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah, making a bomb ass breakfast with eggs, bacon, french toast, and or sausage is the best part of Saturday morning.

LProtagonist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I usually order some sort of takeout on the weekend like pizza with friends, but it's also when I have time to really cook a nice breakfast so you know I'm gonna take advantage of that.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Of course, i'd even say I cook more on the weekends because I have more time to prep and prepare. Typically save my takeout days for Monday or Tuesday.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
We usually cook Friday night, Saturday is when we usually grab takeout (or go out before the pandemic), and we cook Sundays.

Oct 27, 2017
Any and every day. Will get take out as well from time to time, taking a break from cooking doesn't always line up timewise with the weekend.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Before the shutdowns, I rarely if ever cooked on the weekends. I did mostly sandwiches, restaurants, or delivery. Maybe a pasta dish here and there. As things open up and the weather has gotten nicer, I may get back into that.

I do enjoy cooking a lot, but it's nice not to have to do it on the weekend and take a damn break lol.

What's your weekend food routine? Cooking all your meals? A mix of cooking and restaurants? Ready-made foods like cereal and delivery?
i cook pretty much every day. maybe one day ill buy out now.

i just plan my meals ahead so that meat etc is thawed etc.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I cook more on the weekends than during the week. Gotta build up some leftovers. Plus I can start earlier and make better meals

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Since I work weekdays, the weekend is the best time for me to cook since I have more free time during the day.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Smoking a brisket now - been at 240 for the last two hours; will have 11lbs of meat to last me through the weekend by ~5pm tonight.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've made food in my house on a Friday night in like 10 years.

Especially during lockdown we've made it a tradition to do takeout Thur / Fri / Sat night, BUT now that the weather is pleasant I've been grilling more on Sat / Sun. We kinda treat ourselves to take out on those nights, I usually pick up a bunch o beers too.

Friday mornings during lockdown I go out and get donuts with my 2 year old... Been a tradition for the last 3-4 months. I usually make breakfast sandies on Sat or Sun. English muffin, breakfast sausage, these trader joes hash browns (pretty good, you bake them, but you have to butter + salt + pepper them or they're flavorless and limp), cheese, egg, sriracha+ketchup mix. They're fucking good. unfortunately my daughter is still in semi-food-protest-age and so she doesn't eat them.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wouldn't you cook more on the weekends than weekdays since you have more time? I love that I have the time to do that and spend 1-2 hours making some good shit.

And yes, I cook throughout the entire week and get 1-2 takeouts per week. Before and after the virus hit.

Rag

Oct 30, 2017
I usually try to plan out something great to cook on Saturdays with enough leftovers for Sunday and a few lunches for Monday and Tuesday. It's relaxing to get a big batch of stew, or a roast going.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I cook mostly everyday. Sometimes less if I have leftovers. I like cooking, it's cheaper than going out, and I luckily have the time for it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
A mix of cooking and ordering food. I actually enjoy cooking, this quarantine has been good for my expansion of culinary expertise, I've learned to cook dishes I wouldn't have thought I would.