• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-oo31

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I sure do!

Once you ignore a user, all of their threads and posts will be completely invisible to you. And let's face it, we all have our personal opinions on who the insufferable shit-tier posters are. So why not do something about it? They don't have to clog up your screen space.

INB4: "LOL, thanks Tim for reminding me to ignore you."

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It's certainly helpful. Seeing the same person troll and try to derail a thread repeatedly gets old.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good feature, that and the ignore thread option too.

With that being said if you ignore me I'll be really sad and I'm sorry I did something wrong.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I do.

Although I've gone through my ignore list a few times and have taken people off of it if I couldn't remember why I put them on in the first place. Second chances and all that.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Have never used it. Haven't found anyone bad enough that I need to remove them from all known existence to me.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
I don't use it personally. Seems a bit like overkill to me, even if it's with a really disagreeable poster.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yes. People who respond with smarmy replies, and people who seem needlessly aggressive. I clear my ignore list out at the end of every month though.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. There are certainly people that post here that I dislike for various reasons, but I like to get the opinions of people who I feel don't think like I do. It helps to see things in a different light, at times.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
I've decided against it, as sometimes it just makes things confusing, since you'll see replies to their comments, but not what they are replying to.

Deleted member 18347

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The kind of person I'd ignore is probably getting banned anyway so up to this point I haven't felt the need to do so.

Although there are a couple of posters who do nothing but literally shit post with the same 2-3 words and get away with it somehow. Brings things into question really...

adso

Nov 6, 2017
One legit troll and another who doesn't seem to be a troll but posts some real troll-like stuff.

I don't block people unless they're just trolls. I'd also block Nazis but the mods do a decent job with that.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
There's a downside that you don't see replies to the shitty people. Like, some members will put in real time/effort to respond to shitposts and I wish I could see the responses. Some of my favorite posters over the years are those who have the patience and commitment to address certain issues/people and Ilike to recognize their contributions. It's a shame ignoring certain people also buries the good responses. I'd like a feature that hides people on ignore but still shows replies. Let me unhide certain parts of quotes by clicking on them maybe, if I need context? Idk I just regret that it's all or nothing with ignore. Throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like that would just be giving up future opportunities to insult certain posters. I like to keep my options open, y'know?

I've thought about doing it for posters that otherwise aren't shitposters, but happen to make a lot of "gamefaqs"-ey threads, but singling out a specific poster with an ignore isn't going to alleviate that much in the long run.

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
I ignore tons of OTs in the EtcetEra, especially those for TV shows and animes.

I also ignore about 50 members:
10 or so because they personally attacked me or insulted me with little to no reaction from the mods.
10 or so because they are low effort, low quality posters who often spam reaction gifs and such.
10 or so because they were downright toxic.

Around 15 people on my ignore list are now banned or permanently deleted so I guess I'm pretty good at filtering content.

The rest I ignored to hide their threads before ignoring threads was a thing. Feels bad.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
No
Have 0 people on my ignore list because I love to see when they get banned!

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only one user caused me to use the ignore function. They constantly make stupid threads that gain traction because they keep bumping them. Secondly their username bugs me to no end. It is not even a word or name so i have no ideas how or why they were allowed to essentially use symbols as a name.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I've only ignored a few people and usually it's because of harsh assumptions casted on others. It's convenient, I guess, but I don't use it as much as some.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a special Era Clear TM ignore list and it's got 40000 people on it. Mostly I just talk to myself and other Lonewulfeus like god intended.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Glad you like the feature, but it's probably best to leave things here before the thread becomes about various interpersonal dramas.

Status
Not open for further replies.