• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
I love living here (Canada) and I appreciate how lucky I am to live here. I mean it's not perfect but there's a lot of places with less so we need to appreciate what we have. But I'm not like a big flag and anthem guy or anything.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Patriotism is for lesser men.

I do love the mountains and the forests, but I know they were stolen from other people who were driven out.

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No. I do not love the United States. It has had so many chances to be better and it always refuses. Corporate profits i er the safety and health of people. At home and abroad.

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not!

I have been lucky enough to live in three separate places, Portugal where i was born and lived until i was 21, Poland for half a year, and the UK where i intend on living for the rest of my life.

I can't for the life of me understand the concept of being patriotic, it's a piece of land and as an european i have always seen people from different places come and go depending on their preferences or needs.

Jetsun Mila

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 7, 2021
I love the nature around me, the light hills, the big forests, that I can enjoy exploring my surroundings. But I'm not patriotic or anything.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
a country is just an idea and a place, like obviously many of them (not the least of which the USA) is tethered to awful shit that it needs to atone for. some of which you could argue would involve a dissolution of it entirely, though at this point i don't think that's a meaningful option. i believe in the ability for the usa to not be garbage, i dont want it to disappear or anything. i just want it to be extremely less shit

do i love it, no, i don't. i want the best for the people here and to not fuck over the rest of the world, that's what matters

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I like my country as a geographical place. I like certain aspects of the culture. I can't say that I am patriotic though.

Pein

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Yeah, I love America.

So much opportunity, I've been to my moms country and that place sucks and my dads country is crappy too.

ROM

Dec 28, 2017
I like living here but I'm not patriotic in any sense. I want to try living somewhere else to be honest.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, for any love for a nation is agreeing to be blind to it. Those most likely to handwave issues are coincidentally the most patriotic to their country, or at least they're the ones screaming the loudest in that direction.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
It's a stupid feeling that gets in the way of a truly globalized and love-oriented worldwide society, so not really.

It's a stupid concept with deadly consequeces.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Yes I do. My parents fought hard to emigrate to Canada when I was young to provide us with a better opportunity and a better life and I'm grateful that we've had this opportunity. Clean air and water access is one of the biggest privileges that a lot of western people are blind to.

I'm not nationalist and do hate the nationalistic behaviour of some Canadians and Quebecois / Albertan people, however. Nationalism is part of the issues that drove my family away to Canada in the first place.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was born in Canada and I didn't get to choose, it's a good country in general but can be better. That's about it.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
I'm from Bulgaria, mixed person, and I don't feel anything for a random piece of land. Patriotism is really dumb and a diseases that always turns into nationalism.

edit: I care for human rights and worker rights. Loving a country has always felt sick, and I don't like trying to put a human face on a state.

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm not a patriot or anything but I love being in Canada. Would there be a place I'd like to live that I think it's better? I couldn't tell you. I like my little part of the world. I identify as a Canadian but I wouldn't go to the heights of joining the army "to die for my country". People are free to come in and to go out.

Stath

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Mar 4, 2022
USA, hell no. I grew up under a lot of pro-America propaganda too, which made the fall into reality that much harder. I really, really resent that.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018
1280px-Island_of_Crete%2C_Greece.JPG

i take the good with the bad and there are plenty of bads but seriously i just feel blessed i live in this place

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I love my girl. That's it.
I was lucky to be born into a country that is a stable democracy with quite healthy economic conditions. I love my personal freedom and am ready to defend all of this.
But all of this could be said about many other European countries.
So definitely no love for the specific country I was randomly born in.

Drakhyrr

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I don't understand patriotism and nationalism.

Regardless, fuck Brazil. I hope I can leave to a better place someday.

rudeboyoslo

Jan 5, 2018
I'm fond of my city (guess which). I relate to my immediate area and I'm proud when my city does good. I care about others living here. I have no particular feelings towards my country though. It's just random borders.
That being said I'm lucky to be living in one of the richest and most stable countries in the world, so there's that I guess. But there's no love there.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
I want the best for it, and I want the best for the people.
And I appreciate living here. In that sense, I love the country.

But I don't have any blind love for it. I don't think it's perfect or above criticism.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I am willing to live places other than the US, but I am not willing to downgrade my quality of life.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If America wants me to love it, it's got a shitload of ground to catch up on.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I love living here in terms of what I can do, what I have access to, etc, but there's also aspects about it that I despise. Mostly from the government. I wouldn't particularly feel safe leaving the US.

SixPointEight

Oct 28, 2017
canada, sure I guess, but not in any patriotism/nationalistic way.
just acknowledge the privilege of being born here I guess?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah. Canada rules. Not without its share of problems. By no means perfect. But there is nowhere I would rather have been during the pandemic, or even before the pandemic. So grateful we moved here when I was young from the Middle East. A clear step up in quality of life on all fronts.

Would probably have a full blown panic attack if I think too much about what growing up and being gay would have been like in the Middle East.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Not many places I would have preferred to be during the last few years than here in Australia…

It's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than "similar" countries like the US and UK.

I don't have an irrational love for it though. We're no better than NZ, Canada, and like a dozen European countries.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love many things about my country, some of the foods, the beautiful sights but I'm not patriotic. I think patriotism is a dangerous and sometimes stupid feeling to have.