Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
as opposed to a shower? And do you drink a glass of wine too? Like every other movie or show I watch has people always taking a bath as opposed to a shower. I dont think I've taken a bath in like years, but shower is daily.

Bath:

it-looks-like-taking-a-bath-has-more-benefits-than-just-major-relaxation-136416877447202601-170328100015.jpg

Shower:

happy-woman-taking-a-shower-enjoying-water-splashing-on-her-FJC4RR.jpg

baggage

Oct 25, 2017
During college I was staying in an apartment with one of those garden tubs and taking some time to have a bath was just wonderful. Really good for relaxing and thinking through things. Also can help with depression in my experience

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I used to all the time back when I had a more on my feet job. Now that I'm at a desk all I have one like once a month or so usually on a weekend.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes if a hotel has a huge tub and I'm exhausted but it takes to long to fill and hotel bathrooms always have broken drain plugs or some other issue.

I LOVE soaking in a hot tub alone under the stars but not so much as a group effort. I just want to float.

we all float down here

Jubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Baths are amazing, but anybody that bathes to get clean is disgusting. It is purely for relaxation.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I haven't taken a bath in many years, as they're slow and cramped as an adult but my lady friends have them on the regular.

Doran

Jun 9, 2018
I take a couple hot baths a week with epsom salts, especially if my muscles are really sore. Very relaxing, throw a podcast on and soak for an hour. Usually rinse off quickly with the shower afterwards. Haven't done the wine thing though, usually have a bottle of water handy.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Baths are the things young adults do when they post on instagram or facebook about having a wonderful night alone, when in reality their water heater can only fill the tub half way and they forgot using a laptop in a tub is impossibly stupid and using a touch screen with wet fingers is a nightmare.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
The idea of sitting in a tub of hot water is enticing, but I'm 6'4" and there's really no way I'd comfortably lay down in my bathtub.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Have we finally reached a point as a society that we need to post a picture of someone taking a bath so others will know what it is? lol.

I haven't taken a bath in a very long time. They are relaxing, but I haven't because a lot of bath tubs are short and being on the taller side, they can be more uncomfortable. Takes a special kind of tub.

Darth Karja

Oct 25, 2017
I took one this morning. Laid in there for almost an hour. Now that I'm reading this I think I will take another one right now.

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The last time I took a bath was like 4 years ago when half of my body was covered in poison ivy and I was trying to use epsom salts to ease the itching (it didn't really work)

ArtTeitlebaum

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Every Saturday, if possible. Not for cleaning but relaxing with a beer and a book and music. Even better if Mrs.Teitlebaum lights the candles and joins.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I love showers, but I really don't like baths. Something about sitting in water just makes me feel gross, which is a very specific issue with me and one of the reasons I don't really enjoy hanging out in pools lol. It's very weird

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Showers only. Last time I took a bath was when I was sick and needed to cool off.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I soak my muscles after most workouts, I workout 5 times a week. Also occasionally at night to relax, or sometimes when I get a headache... so yeah, I take a lot of baths.

They have little to do with showers; showers are for cleaning. Baths are for soaking / relaxing. I rinse in the shower after any bath.

The idea of sitting in a tub of hot water is enticing, but I'm 6'4" and there's really no way I'd comfortably lay down in my bathtub.

That sucks; I'm over 6'4" and while I can't lay completely flat I can bend my knees a bit and be on my back and be mostly submerged. Must be a small tub?

Oct 28, 2017
I'm a hybrid man. I fill the tub with hot water and Epsom salt and soak and then stand, hit the drain and shower to finish off. Best of both worlds.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Shower before work. Bath after.

It helps since my job is very labor intensive.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
I love baths, and if I lived alone I'd have them much more often. Last time I visited my husband we took like one shower the entire three months, and the rest were baths.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I try to not make my showers take longer than they need be so just the concept of a bath is unappealing to me.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I used to bathe a lot, but I don't know now. I've had a lot of access to one for a long time but I don't think I've had a bath in the last year.

Somewhere along the line baths stopped relaxing me. I suppose I didn't want to be alone with my thoughts anymore. Showering is just easier.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
At least once a week. With epsom salt and all those nice things. So soothing.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Baths should only be a post-shower relaxation thing.

Sitting in your own filth soup is pretty nasty, even if there are soap bubbles on top

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
What about in Red Dead? I take baths there. Other than that very very rarely. Also thanks for the pics op. At first I was like wtf is the difference but the pics cleared it up.

haotshy

Oct 27, 2017
I take a couple hot baths a week with epsom salts, especially if my muscles are really sore. Very relaxing, throw a podcast on and soak for an hour. Usually rinse off quickly with the shower afterwards. Haven't done the wine thing though, usually have a bottle of water handy.

I did this while recuperating some rock climbing injuries and surely will again in the future, but mine were only for about 20 minutes. I can't sit in a warm bath for an hour; I feel a bit dizzy if I stay in too long.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
Steaming hot baths are great if you suffer with back/leg pain. Put netflix on my laptop and unwind.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. I remodeled one bathroom and left the tub and I kind of regret it, I should have gone full walk in shower.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Last time I remember bathing was when I broke my foot and couldn't get the cast wet. Took baths with my foot draped over the tub. That was like 15 years ago.

I've considered doing it regularly as part of the daily unwind though.

Dec 24, 2017
I still take baths. I'm old and sometimes life just beats me up at the end of the day, I draw a bath, drop in some baking soda, epsom salts, listen to a podcast, self-medicate and relax until I'm ready to sleep.