• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Because I sure as hell didn't. This is basically a PSA thread because that "DLC" is basically Bioshock 4 in all but name. If you are a fan of the Bioshock series at all get on that DLC ASAP.

Everything about this DLC is spoiler so I would ask that people use tags appropriately. Some mind blowing lore stuff cascading across the series. Dunno if I just missed the boat but my mouth was agape watching some pretty significant cutscenes just blowing open every nook and cranny of the series.

Get on that ASAP.

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
It really is a pleasure of an experience and the ending was pretty moving.

butalala

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah, it's been on my to-do list for a long time. I remember big praise around the time of release.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not only that but it's basically a canon prequel to the original BioShock too.

Everything about it was great except essentially killing off Elizabeth across all timelines

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
All I remember about those DLCs is that Levine pretty much ruined Bioshock 1's writing with the dumb retcons he did with those.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The DLC is included with the BioShock Collection, right? If so, I will definitely give it a shot this Spring/Summer.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but if they really wanted me to go back, maybe they shouldn't have :
1 - made Bioshock Infinite a super pretentious and generally bad game
2 - tried to sell a better ending / sequel as DLC

hence why I never bothered with it.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
I liked how it was very possible to play the whole thing without killing enemies.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's some interesting content for sure. I liked the base game a lot more though.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would replay it, but I got a new PC this weekend and would love to play it with mouse and keyboard instead of the shitty controller, but on steam the base game is already 30 bucks lol.

Kudo

Oct 25, 2017
After playing Bioshock Infinite I never wanted to hear about it again.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I am aware, but I had no desire to play a stealth-focused BioShock. When I tried to play part 2, I was proven right.

DarkSora

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe the best thread to ask but I finally got the bioshock collection and....

Is bioshock 2 the same as the first? Was amazed by the story and gameplay of the first but an hour into the 2nd it feels like more of the same.

Should I just jump into infinite and skip 2?

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
I remember liking Burial at the Sea Ep.1 quite a lot. I still have some mixed feelings about Ep. 2.

Watching Rapture before the start of the Civil War on Ep. 1 was pretty cool, and the mystery was pretty good at keeping you engaged.

However, I didn't like the gameplay of Ep. 2 (I didn't liked the stealth aspect); even tho I agree with you that the story is cool, and thematically, the ending of Burial at the See makes too much sense

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017

Is bioshock 2 the same as the first? Was amazed by the story and gameplay of the first but an hour into the 2nd it feels like more of the same.

No.

Play 2 and Minerva's Den. They're terrific.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite part of the entire series.
Courtney Draper's performance in this is just incredible.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I quite enjoyed the DLC but what they did to explain Daisy Fitzroy seemed completely forced due to the justified backlash to her portrayal in Infinite.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I didn't like Infinite. Is there any reason to think I'd like this DLC?

I'd suggest you just stop after finishing Minerva's Den.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Not only that but it's basically a canon prequel to the original BioShock too.

Everything about it was great except essentially killing off Elizabeth across all timelines
I feel like they had to do that for there to be any chance of future games because it would just become
the MCU issue of "where are the Avengers during all this?" except "why isn't Elizabeth opening a portal to here? How does the multiverse fit into this?"

selo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I thought Bioshock infinite lasted some 3-4 more hours than it should've D:, was quite disappointed with it. If it was more like the original I'd be interested.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they had to do that for there to be any chance of future games because it would just become
the MCU issue of "where are the Avengers during all this?" except "why isn't Elizabeth opening a portal to here? How does the multiverse fit into this?"

Well that's kind of the thing, is I was hoping a future game would actually star Elizabeth, thus solving that problem

But frankly that problem doesn't really exist anyway because there are infinite realities and she can't be present in all of them at once or even be aware that a problem exists in any of them at a given time without being there anyway.

Gray

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, fuck this DLC. While I loved the base game and played through it 3-4 times, playing this content soured me on the whole thing. Now I don't want to go back to the game at all.

Sep 14, 2018
I hated where Elizabeth ended up, actually I hated where everyone and everything ended up. And by the end there are also no likeable characters, no one and nothing to root for, its impressive how they managed to make everything so unsatisfying. By the time I was done with Burial at Sea I did not care for Bioshock anymore.

Oct 29, 2017
It was a bit bizarre how the first part is so short compared to the second one. I thought it was pretty cool gameplaywise but everything abou the story sucked.

It is the one that is most fun to play so there's that

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
I played it and actually don't remember anything other than it takes place you-know-where.

Nymir

Oct 27, 2017
I've mixed feelings on Infinite but I hated how Burial at Sea threw away a lot of Infinite's potential and identity to make it fit as a prequel to the first game. It rubs me the wrong away what they did to Elisabeth's character.

headfallsoff

Mar 16, 2018
I played it at the time and my main memory is Ken Levine managing to trip over his own feet and in trying to fix it, make the Fitzroy stuff even more racist. Which is just extremely funny.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
By the end of Bioshock Infinite I kinda wanted nothing to do with the series ever again.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I hated where Elizabeth ended up, actually I hated where everyone and everything ended up. And by the end there are also no likeable characters, no one and nothing to root for, its impressive how they managed to make everything so unsatisfying. By the time I was done with Burial at Sea I did not care for Bioshock anymore.

I had kind of a similar reaction. It made everyone so elementally unlikeable it just makes me not want to ever return to that setting/series at all. Too much unpleasantness in a narrative is basically poison.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly don't know how I feel about it. I liked the nostalgia but I didn't like how it tried to tie together Bioshock with Infinite.

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I hated it and what it did to the story, and I loved all three games. I wish I hadn't played it.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Man people really don't like Infinite huh

EDIT: Please stop replying to this, y'all got no chill

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the trailer initially I thought it was one of the various alternate realities, but yeah when I found out that it was a direct sequel to Infinite it blew my mind a bit

Jan 11, 2018
It was pretty damn good as far as story DLC goes. That ending though...

Overall I liked it a lot more than Minerva's Den, which I thought was overrated. I really, REALLY want another Bioshock game set in Columbia though.

It's crazy to think Ken Levine released absolutely nothing this entire gen though.

Sep 14, 2018
I had kind of a similar reaction. It made everyone so elementally unlikeable it just makes me not want to ever return to that setting/series at all. Too much unpleasantness in a narrative is basically poison.

At least Booker got his due for being a part of the massacre of Native Americans, selling his daughter and turning into a psychotic murderous despot, so that was somewhat satisfying. I was actively rooting for the main character to fucking die. And if there ever was another Bioshock I would not care at all if literally not a single character from the series returned, there is nothing of value there.

Except Songbird, #justiceforSongbird

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
It's incredible how much i fell out of love with this game,and BaS just made it worse.
Funny thing is that infinite was my first bioshock and i loved it during its release.