• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random thought, but it should be required by law that if you are diagnosed and need to wear glasses, it says so on your driver's license. It should then be illegal to drive without glasses or contacts.

Not sure how that would work logistically though. Especially with contacts.

Rouk'

Jan 10, 2018
Random thought, but it should be required by law that if you are diagnosed and need to wear glasses, it says so on your driver's license. It should then be illegal to drive without glasses or contacts.

European licenses have this, but the only requirement is to have glasses available in your car, nothing about having to actually wear them

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
My brother is nearsighted and refuses to wear glasses or contacts. I don't understand it.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
I'm nearsighted, so if I drove I'd have to wear them. Can't use computers/TVs/phones/etc. without my eyes getting strained if I don't wear them.

Only issue is that due to headaches/migraines stemming from a car accident, if I wear them for too long I'll get bad ones that last for a few hours at a minimum. Stress/allergies make it worse and/or easy to trigger.

Since my work field is computer-related, it's annoying having to schedule my time to do stuff around the headaches/migraines. >.>

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like people who refuse to wear glasses are one step away from becoming anti-vaxxers or something. If you need to wear something to fix your vision wear it. This is nutty.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

It is illegal to drive without glasses if it's listed as a restriction on your driver's license.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
99% of my day is sitting behind a desk at work or at a deck in my home office and i can see perfectly fine either way so i never wear them outside of driving and occasionally when i am out and about.

I guess it's just laziness. Been this way since i got glasses at like 14. I hate glasses and i hate contacts more.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I've been lucky that my eyes are just good enough to pass eye exams. I might have to do a few guesses on the smallest line on the tests, but still enough to pass. In school I always made sure to sit up front as well, or sometimes I couldn't see the board.

Rory

Oct 25, 2017
My sister had gotten glasses but never used them. I cant understand that people say "it's such a small correction".

Im taking meds which make my vision vary, and while this wouldnt make glasses recommended by docs it really irritates me not to see correctly/even gave me headache.

if I forget them it's not a big issue, but it still helps wearing them. I do not understand people avoiding to get more out of their life.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a pair of glasses around that I basically only wear when I go to sports games, when I have to see pretty far away. My vision is fine in the close and mid ranges, even the lady said most people like me don't even bother with glasses, but I wanted that extra range sometimes.

The first pair they gave me ended up being overcorrected and honestly it was awesome. It was like my vision became telescoped. I could see anything. Then the next year for a checkup I got prescribed new ones and they weren't as effective as the old ones, I went back and was like "there must have been a mistake, these aren't as helpful as the old ones!". Redid the tests and she was like nope, these are definitely the prescription you need, your old pair must have been overcorrected. Bummer.