Are sides needed?

• Yes

• No

• Prefer not to answer

Results are only viewable after voting.

LinkSlayer64

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2018
I love to have some raw shredded cabbage with my chicken, or a lettuce/cabbage mix. You need something as a palette cleanser, and it tastes great and refreshing against the greasiness of the chicken.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Depends on the chicken, biscuits with church's, etc? yes.

Korean fried chicken? Yes.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
Depends on how much of a meal you want. Though, TBH, even good, hell, amazing, fried chicken still will likely want something along with it to cut the oil. Just something simple, though.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
...but you're eating less?
You are correct but my line of thought from that original post was there's something about just scarfing down 1 specific thing with nothing else to break it up or provide a contrast seems a tad… odd? "Feels fatter" is not what I would have said but I feel like I get their logic lol

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it would be nice. Sure I could enjoy a steak by itself but sides are much appreciated.

Oct 29, 2017
Popeyes recently introduced a meal. 3pcs of chicken with no sides for $5. If the chicken is good do you need a side?

I feel that yes the chicken will fill you by itself but having some mashed potatoes or fries or Mac and Cheese would complete the meal.
I'm po. I can get a can Green Beans for the low and I'm good. I've also had a chicken and slice of bread dinner before.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan style I don't feel like I need a side, though that is more of an on the go meal.

maicookbook_taiwanese_xxl_fried_chicken_2.jpg

Every other style, probably yeah

Royalan

Not actually the youngest mod — AP Fact Check
Oct 24, 2017
No side needed.

But a juicy jalapeño only makes fried chicken better.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've certainly had meals with just fried chicken and I enjoy that, but adding a biscuit or little bit of mashed potatoes would go a long way, IMO.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
"Need" is a strong word. Sure I'll take some sides, but put a plate of just freshly fried chicken in front of me and I'll still be happy.

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I need something bitter and/or acidic with fried food, chicken included.

So my side is like cabbage or pickles or onions or some cucumber salad.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Popeyes has some damn good sides, so at the very least their chicken probably needs them

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the quality of the chicken has any bearing on whether sides might also be nice. I would generally want something to add variety or contrast to the meal, even if it's just a pickle of some kind.

Hero Prinny

Oct 25, 2017
if its really good fried chicken its not needed but it sure is appreciated. I dont think popeyes is good enough to not have sides though

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017
I wouldn't say it's needed but it provides some nice balance and contrast. Fried food tends to be a bit much on its own.

I don't know if these qualify as sides (I'd consider them toppings) but pickles or coleslaw make fried chicken even tastier.