Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, slap on the wrist for Striker, so I'm sitting pretty. No tears shed for Swift Master getting deleted.

But yeah, Melty Blood: Type Lumina S2 update this is most certainly not. Definitely not renewing people's interest in the game with this.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
That's it? RIP DNF Duel, it was fun while it lasted. I'll never forget the Striker Army in ranked.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely disappointing how anemic the post release support has been so far. Feels like they only got 1 person on it.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Might be one of the worst patches of all time ngl

Launcher still not in the game, Vanguard dp/guard cancel still bad and no mechanic changes yeah it might be time to flush this game

Back to Melty/KOF I go

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
That was the bugfix (yep, I consider SM a bug) needed 2 weeks top after launch lol.

After watching some streams, seems like Swift Master and Hitman players will finally have to learn to play the game now.

Last edited:

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
See this is the worst type of balance patch because characters who actually do need new tools like Vanguard and Launcher get overlooked because Eighting thinkgs that as long as they can nerf the character everyone is complaining about into the ground, they can just call it a day.
Can't say I agree when the game is in a much better place after the patch. Hitman and Striker fixes are also tremendous quality of life for the other characters.

To me, the worst type of balance patch is when you nerf mid tiers characters for no reason and keep buffing the top tiers like I already seen this year in other games lol.

In term of having new stuff to play around, sure. People wanted balance fix and fresh things, they only got one of them.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The issue is complete lack of communication. Even if this is too early for more significant changes, there's no roadmap, no plans, not even any insight into the changes they made. Nothing. The same was the case pre-release.

It's been proven time and time again how important that is for a fighting game's playerbase. I don't get it.

Onyxxx

Jun 21, 2022
The issue is complete lack of communication. Even if this is too early for more significant changes, there's no roadmap, no plans, not even any insight into the changes they made. Nothing. The same was the case pre-release.

It's been proven time and time again how important that is for a fighting game's playerbase. I don't get it.
Flux, Could this be the same issue that UMVC3 faced? When the game publisher and the IP holders are different entities and the game developers' hands are tied because they don't own the rights? Isn't that what Capcom faced with Disney/Marvel?

mojo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This patch could mean they think everything is fine or it could mean they know the game needs a big overhaul. Their communication sucks so I guess we'll find out randomly at some point.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Flux, Could this be the same issue that UMVC3 faced? When the game publisher and the IP holders are different entities and the game developers' hands are tied because they don't own the rights? Isn't that what Capcom faced with Disney/Marvel?
It's possible. When big license holders outside of the (fighting) game scene are involved, something always ends up getting messed up in that area. GBVS had some of that pre-release, but not nearly as bad as DNF.

Actually, I don't know about an FG that's had worse communication than DNF in recent times. The way we even found out about this game was so out of nowhere. Then the random trailer drops, random bits of info... It's been so strange. Part of it has to be because of Nexon.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Even if not owning the rights has been an obstacle to providing timely communication, it still ends up making them look that much worse when a competing licensed game ends up keeping its userbase in the loop significantly better as the case is with Type-Moon playing an active role in helping French Bread promote the latest news and information regarding MBTL.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
im pretty convinced nexon and eighting saw this as a set it and forget it title. So weird because thats at odds with all the care that went into the art/animation, actually it might be the reason. Awesome if it is just communication problems but I think holding out hope will just be met with more disappointment

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
More than I was expecting, their absolute silence said pretty much it all. I guess this will be the final nail.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's disappointing. It's mostly the lack of communication that's hindering it. I mean, is another patch in progress? Are other characters getting nerfs or buffs? Can Vanguards shit DP get a little help?

I had high hopes of returning with this patch but I'll keep sticking with SFV. I'll come back around if/when a larger patch hits.

OP
OP
Harmony

Harmony

Dec 1, 2019
Japan
I was hoping for the balance patch to at least be substantial enough to get me & alot of other players to return, but this ain't it.
Regardless, I had a good 60 hours of fun, so I'm pretty content if this really is EOL for the game.

I want to say that there's still a pretty high chance we'll get at least one DLC character for the game.
Out of the 12 base characters from DFO, we're still missing representation from one of them, the Female Slayer

Mz3hua7.png

I'm of the understanding that DLC is typically worked on before launch for this kind of game, so maybe they've already finished work for her?
But who knows 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
Harmony

Harmony

Dec 1, 2019
Japan
So DNF Duel's "100 Day Anniversary" tweet popped up on my feed today.

Greetings, Adventurers! 🎂
Happy 100 Days of DNF Duel Adventure!

DNF Duel의 탄생 100일 기념을 함께 축하해주세요. 🎂
앞으로 더 멋진 모습으로 찾아뵙겠습니다.

DNF Duelが本日でリリース100日を迎えました!🎂
これからもDNF Duelをよろしくお願いします!

View: https://imgur.com/a/PgCf5Dp

View: https://imgur.com/SOn41Lh

On the anniversary cake, the "Who's next" placard is surround by 5 heads, all of which look nothing like any of the characters currently in the game.

They do, however, share resemblance with 5 class advancements from DFO.
From the left:

(Female) Nen Master

2020_11_12_09_56_1915.jpg

Monk

2020_08_05_03_53_359.jpg

Male (Brawler)

spectre_01_neo.jpg

Spectre

As for the fifth one, it's a Female mage, but I can't make out which. Every female mage has the same "Face" on their weapon, but since they took some liberties with the design, I can't say for certain. Probably Elementalist or Battlemage though

Last edited:

Onyxxx

Jun 21, 2022

DNF Duel: Dub Edition - Release Trailer (English Voice Mod)

Download the mod now!
Unverum(required for installation): https://gamebanana.com/tools/7162
Dub Edition Download: https://gamebanana.com/sounds/64077

Featuring fully translated battle lines and high-quality English voice acting, Dub Edition is a brand new mod currently AVAILABLE NOW! Thank you once more to all of the voice actors, and everybody who's followed me so far!

VOICE CAST:
Announcer: trix @cosmoreverse
Berserker - Nathan Morrison
Striker - Wilhelmina Marie
Grappler - Victor Hunter
Inquisitor - Maganda Marie
Ranger - Brody Allen
Dragon Knight - Ravel Viceral
Hitman - Will Redwood
Kunoichi - Faye Holliday
Crusader - Paul Warren
Swift Master - Sean Paulsen
Enchantress - Non
Ghostblade - Jayce Ghoul & Christopher Guerrero
Troubleshooter - Christian Sekhanan
Vanguard - Oliver Smith
Launcher - Brenna Thornton
Lost Warrior - Mike Young

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUo86eT5ERw

gamebanana.com

DNF Duel: Dub Edition [DNF Duel] [Sound Mods]

Featuring all new voices, completely in English!... A DNF Duel (DNF) Sound Mod in the Other/Misc category, submitted by JoJolione

Onyxxx

Jun 21, 2022
New Patch notes are here...
!!!!HUGE UPDATE!!!!

🙄

Who's Next DNF Duel

[DNF Duel] Official Homepage Reveal Dungeon Fighter Online returns as a fighting game! Check out the next genre of extreme action here!
Greetings, Adventurers!

Following bugs have been fixed from the update on October 25.

Keyboard Control on Steam
●Unable to control with the controller when re-logging into the game after disconnecting the controller.
●Unable to control with keyboard when unplugging the connected controller.
●Improvement in Menu Control with keyboard
■Keys assigned to 'move' from the keyboard can now move the cursor from the game menu.

Player Match Room
●The guide for the keys being removed from the bottom side of the screen in certain situations in the room.
●Unable to change the size of the chat while seating on the Arcade Machine.
●The ranking of the host appears lower than usual when renewing the Room Settings in the room.
●The dialogue notification regarding insufficient remaining slot for Saved Replays does not automatically close in the match result screen after the countdown ends.

3. Training Mode
●An inaccurate damage value appearing on the bar when the opponent has White Damage

4. Survival Mode
●The amount of remaining White Damage right before K.O is added as a survival bonus in the result screen.

5. Scene
●Awakening scene appears with a bug in certain situations.

6. Ranking Board
●User ID with certain letters appears as " ? ? ? "on the Ranking Board on the Steam version.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Last edited:

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
DNF Duel: who's next?

Me: Apparently nobody :,(

Europe here, for weeks now I try almost everyday to get matches, I get lucky if I get 5 in a session

It sucks since I think this game is so good and fun to play

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
This is (was?) on sale on Steam so I decided to grab it. Expecting the worse because all I read about this game is how it's dead online, how 8ing is jank and how unbalanced it is.

Honestly? It's pretty fun, I'm just learning the basics but I can already say it's not my least favorite ArcSys fighter :P

Looks good, sounds good, I love having Korean and Chinese voices, and Grappler is pretty cool.

OP
OP
Harmony

Harmony

Dec 1, 2019
Japan
Hoping for a shadow drop of the patch right after the finals or at least annoucement that the patch releases the week after, with the patch notes immediately available
IDK if another balance patch would be enough to warrant calling it an "announcement". Judging by the past ones they did, at least

I reckon they might be revealing the other thing they said they're working on

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
IDK if another balance patch would be enough to warrant calling it an "announcement". Judging by the past ones they did, at least

I reckon they might be revealing the other thing they said they're working on
Didn't they say the patch would be out before they would talk about that other thing? Or am I imagining this?
I mean they can announce a roadmap or smth + release or release date for December balance patch, that would make for an announcement

OP
OP
Harmony

Harmony

Dec 1, 2019
Japan
Didn't they say the patch would be out before they would talk about that other thing? Or am I imagining this?
I mean they can announce a roadmap or smth + release or release date for December balance patch, that would make for an announcement

They only said it'll take some time before they're ready to release it
I WONDER WHICH NEW CHARACTER CLASS IS COMING...
qkhcvmbdvg3a1.jpg
What does this say?

Onyxxx

Jun 21, 2022

ARCREVO Japan 2022

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.