• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Not gonna lie, disappointed this came out just before the trailer. At least if the trailer had come out first, we could've had something interesting to see instead of this situation we're in now. It'll be for the best if it's changed, sure, but unfortunate all around.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The song needs to be changed.

Unfortunately, standards for video games are very different from standards for other mediums. I don't think the majority of fans care.
Nah I think fans will try to get it changed. Alot of fans already don't like the song and has gotten an overwhelming negative reaction. Alot of people whether or not they actually care about the controversy will want it changed just because of that and will be willing to bandwagon off of it. Not to say everyone who wants the song gone are people who don't care but it will be easy to get support for Capcom to take action just because they ended up making a bad song.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
It is possible the music was done before that. This game has been in development for almost 4 years.

Either way Capcom should remove it and make clear their error.

Came here to post this. It's easy that they could have been involved before this happened. But it should be brought to their attention and hopefully this can be changed before released or patched out soon after. I already have a hard enough time with DQ music being embedded into my soul and then learning Sugiyama is a sub human himself. Don't need to add another favorite game franchise to that list.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The song needs to be changed.

Unfortunately, standards for video games are very different from standards for other mediums. I don't think the majority of fans care.

For better or worse, the fact the song has been so poorly received will probably mean more fans will be motivated to care.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Like others have already said Capcom needs to drop them. Shitty for the rest of the band but what can you do, he is the lead singer after all.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Disgusting.

Capcom need to remove themselves from this ASAP. In today's day and age, companies need to be really careful with who the collab with

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Who gives a shit? Stop victim blaming. He was aware of her age from everything being reported including literal sms texts he sent her. This bullshit about underage girls "manipulating" poor unwitting men is the older trick in the misogynist manual and I can't believe anyone still gives it credence in 2018. Come on dude.

This seems to be inaccurate; I'm currently reading her account of the facts and she clearly says he mistakenly believed she had recently turned 18. Granted, a 32 year old dude (already in a relationship, should be added) pouncing on a kid the second she turn 18 isn't much less damning!

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017
Yike...I really hope Capcom do something with this, this is disgusting and they should acknowledged it. If they have to delay the game then just do it. I waited for ten years and I can wait longer if it means we don't have to support this crappy guy.

I never said the guy is not to blame for anything, and I'm most definitely not condoning his actions.

Apologies to anyone who thought that.

Then what's the point of your initial post?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
dude is a piece of shit but I don't know what the song have to do with anything...
He sang the song which is a major theme of a major character in the game. So every time you are doing stylish combos with Dante you are going to be hearing a sex offender talking about being the omega on the speakers.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sat through the first few minutes of the song. Unlistenable garbage. Makes me embarrassed to be a heavy metal fan, even more so learning this new info about Hermida.

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
Ultimately, it was Johnson's modern production techniques and experience with heavier metal, industrial, and electronic genres that led him to compose, produce Dante's new full immersive and interactive theme"Subhuman (feat. Suicide Silence)" for Devil May Cry 5 (2019) in collaboration with death core band and genre founders Suicide Silence.

Thanks Johnson for trash music.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Capcom remove the song now this has come to light.

Song is also absolute crap but that's not really relevant, just want to stick a knife in a little.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
The song is dogshit, an easy decision to make and make sure this piece of shit gets no income and hopefully the rest of the band cut their ties with him.

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
They chose to keep working alongside the dude, hard to feel bad for them.
Well, from reading the article it isn't clear they actually knew about this. I mean, he had another girlfriend while toying with the girl. Maybe to keep appearances up. But if they were in on this, then of course i wouldn't feel sorry for them.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That article came out 10 months ago. If they didn't know then that is their own fault.

They either knew, or they didn't, and both of those options are failures on Capcoms part.

I don't agree. We don't even know who does the decision making process for the music or who the hiring director is. Don't blame Capcom as a whole. They've been delivering a game the fans have been wanting thus far and we need to see if they'll take action by removing the song. Don't let this shit station of a human being change your outlook on them.

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Wish the song sucking remained the worst thing about the situation, but here we are. It's very unlikely that Capcom will allow any association with this to drag them down.

Tiamat

Nov 16, 2017
Eddie has changed since he is the singer of the massive deathcore band that is suicide silence.
I met him when he was in all shall perish ( it was a fucking great band).
He was a very cool and humble guy.
I guess he becomed an asshole with the success.
Too bad, he has such an incredible voice ( especially in ASP) but I won't support this kind of conduct if he really is guilty.
I will dig into this story a little more to be sure.

I was happy to hear some real metal into a game like dmc 5.

I hope they have more extreme metal in stock.
I'm not fond of industrial music in the series.

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
This is awful to hear.

And the song is terrible.

Who ever greenlit this groups involvement fucked up royaly.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a situation hit and subsequently blow up in faces quite as fast as this has. Holy crap!

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Hopefully Capcom can sue this guy on top of it.

If they contracted him and his band before 2017, and they failed to update Capcom on any new criminal investigations Capcom should be able to break any and all contractual obligations.

From a creative standpoint, seriously just reuse Dantes battle track from DMC3.

Oct 25, 2017
This seems to be inaccurate; I'm currently reading her account of the facts and she clearly says he mistakenly believed she had recently turned 18. Granted, a 32 year old dude (already in a relationship, should be added) pouncing on a kid the second she turn 18 isn't much less damning!
Either way it doesn't really matter for the topic at hand and serves as little else than victim blaming, to which I'm sure you agree.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017

If they contracted him and his band before 2017, and they failed to update Capcom on any new criminal investigations Capcom should be able to break any and all contractual obligations.

I don't think Capcom can sue since this never went to court. He technically doesn't have a criminal record.

Graciaus

Oct 27, 2017
My first thought was I thought the guy died awhile ago? Clearly they eventually got a new singer after a Google search.

The song is terrible just like the other one. At least get a real metal band if you want to go that route.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The song is dogshit, an easy decision to make and make sure this piece of shit gets no income and hopefully the rest of the band cut their ties with him.

I'm pretty sure what's more likely to happen is that Capcom will remove the song, still have to pay them (assuming they wrote and composed the song specifically for the game), then have to pay for a new song from someone else.

Last edited:

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
'Don't worry guys we dropped them.......... and we got Falling In Reverse to replace them'

nUvzElG.jpg

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
That's a bad situation all around, feels horrible to see that happening.

Capcom should have looked more into this band, there's absolutely no excuse to keep working with them after (and even before, if that was the case) they knew what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.