Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
First 10 ticket pull got me 2 Queen's LD WTF O_o
Got the rest of her kit and Cater LD in about 60 more tickets and now I'm capped again. Feels good :)

First time in a long while that I cleared the content on release day. Was indeed a pretty easy one.
Went Cater/Machina/Serah
Cater to manage first attack and the orb during setup then replaced with Twins for BT and went ham with Machina with usual stuff (Raines/Fran/Keiss calls + Pande summon).
Bosses melted during Machina BT (but what boss does not melt with Machina?), then summoned right after it to finish them before orb went off.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
I got everyones kit in 150 tix, including 2 BT....good luck/still capped blah blah blah

Anyways I really dont like how ultima missions are structured. I love the idea because its basically challenge quests 2.0, but I need to be able to confirm if I want to lock units when I do the luf+

I pulled Cater and Queen and wanted to use them for their own event, but I didn't want to use them for ultima mission for queen LC since queen LC is permanent content and wanted to use Queen and Cater for Lyuds event which is temporary. So I had to do queen luf+ without queen or cater and felt like I wasted my resources for nothing 🙁

I can't even test them in other lufenia fights because they will get locked in.....We should be able to confirm if we want to lock in units for ultima missions or not

Maybe now this is an issue because we just started lvl 90 and have a handful of lvl 90 units and after a month or so this becomes a non issue, but right now i dont like it

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Naar yeah I think you might be overthinking this. From what I understand, we'll have plenty enough lufenia missions to fill the whole roster. Especially with new units trivializing older content.

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Naar yeah I think you might be overthinking this. From what I understand, we'll have plenty enough lufenia missions to fill the whole roster. Especially with new units trivializing older content.

To add on to this, I'm fairly certain that you can do any Lufenia mission, including the older ones without a + version, to get those Ultima missions done, and you aren't locked out by a specific mission either, you're only locked out per character.

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
To add on to this, I'm fairly certain that you can do any Lufenia mission, including the older ones without a + version, to get those Ultima missions done, and you aren't locked out by a specific mission either, you're only locked out per character.

I think both of you misunderstood me.

I am saying I would like the CHOICE to where I lock my units. I know we have plenty of missions and units to choose from. And I am sure in the future these missions will get easier, I just want the ability to choose where my units get locked, instead of them being locked automatically

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all, just started playing a few days ago. I used the free tickets for the start dash banner and unlocked Squall, Lightning and Cloud which I'm using to blow through the single player content atm.

I've got about 40k gems so far from starter rewards missions, should I save this for the upcoming anniversary? Any units/weapons I should be on the lookout for?

Also where should I be spending my time as a newbie? Other than the main story, there's quite a bit of content and resources overwhelming me, not sure where to start here.

Thanks for any tips or advice!

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all, just started playing a few days ago. I used the free tickets for the start dash banner and unlocked Squall, Lightning and Cloud which I'm using to blow through the single player content atm.

Welcome! Things tend to be chill, don't be afraid to ask questions about any mechanics and the like.

My friend code: 141 753 334

I've got about 40k gems so far from starter rewards missions, should I save this for the upcoming anniversary? Any units/weapons I should be on the lookout for?

Anni stuff is going to be revealed soon (tomorrow or next week..i forget). Would save for that UNLESS you have a favorite that's on a current or near future banner. Also, keep in mind, game does push having a diverse roster on harder content. Having a tank (like Snow, for example) can make some later fights pretty easy or outright trivial.

www.tonberrytroupe.com

Tonberry Troupe - Timeline

Follow us on our Social Media and consider supporting us through Patreon or Ko-fi!

useful for future banners, excludes global first stuff of course.

Also where should I be spending my time as a newbie? Other than the main story, there's quite a bit of content and resources overwhelming me, not sure where to start here.

Yeah, you have lots of content you can go through. Do so at your own pace (it's alot!, including rewards!), try to get as far a possible in time limited stuff (under events). Once you gear up and built up your roster, can just tackle story/lost chapters/etc on hard difficulty and get the normal rewards without ever touching normal difficulty.

Useful beginner's guides here:

www.tonberrytroupe.com

Tonberry Troupe - Beginner Guide

Follow us on our Social Media and consider supporting us through Patreon or Ko-fi!

www.tonberrytroupe.com

Tonberry Troupe - Beginner Priorities

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Earth

I'll offer you my advice, since I started playing last October. Here's the general metric I followed --

Clear Act 1. Be judicious about pulls (i.e., ask people what to pull for; you'll be overflowing in resources and you'll want to pick up necessary elements for team-building, since you have an entire roster to fill out). When you unlock a new character, do their Lost Chapter.

Get all of the espers in the World of Illusions and level them to 30.

For every character that you're going to use, level them to Crystal Level 90 (c90), level 90, and work on their Summon Boards and Character Boards.

Crystals require farming the Cycle Quests on the Quest tab. These are easy stages, and they're infinitely repeatable.

Leveling characters is fast enough--but you can farm the Golden Cactaur quest to raise their levels. Again, this is fast.

As far as summon boards and character boards, the former requires farming a COSMOS-level Esper stage; the latter requires maxing out weapons to unlock branches on their progression chart (think: FFX sphere grid or FF12 license board); it also requires spending Character Points, which you can earn on a per-event basis. During certain events, characters will be EXPx2, meaning this will go faster. You can stack that with books (I use EXPx3 books).

Above all else, don't sell weapons unless they're Max Limit Broken (you'll see a checkmark once you do this). MLBing a weapon unlocks passives for characters, which you can subsequently equip.

You can ignore Abyss and Dimension's End stuff for now. You can safely ignore anything called LUFENIA.

I'd suggest just building up your roster at the moment and planning, based on the global timeline, what characters' weapons you might want to pull. Remember: you'll be overflowing in resources, so you'll have enough to pity things if you need.

The Tonberry Troupe Beginner Guide is a great resource too.

For what it's worth, I went from "brand new" to "clearing the hardest content in the game" in roughly 2-3 months without spending anything (beyond the $4/month Mog Pass).

Naar

Oct 29, 2017

1. This game is generous and you don't need to worry about your gems, especially as a new player as you have a lot of content to clear that have a lot of rewards. Story alone has close to 500k gems

2. That being said, do not pull on banners unless you are ready to pity

3. We just got lvl 90 a couple of weeks ago (we have less than 10 units that are lvl 90) so now focus on getting 3 units to lvl 70 and get all their weapons fully maxed. It can be any 3 units. Consider this your "clearing party" to clear content with. You will be able to clear pretty much anything on auto+ until the end of Act 2 and almost 80% of the lost chapters. By the time you finish these you will have even more resources and materials to upgrade your units even further

The content I mentioned above was from 2018 and was made with lvl 50 in mind. So you can imagine the powercreep its at now

Story + lost chapters should be your focus as far which content you should clear first, and then later you can try dimensions end

4. Having a character is not enough btw. You mentioned you unlocked squall, cloud, and lighting. You need ALL their weapons to make them effective. Currently there are 4 weapons. 15cp, 35cp, EX, and LD. All heros and villans also have a 5th weapon called BT. You need to have at least all 4 weapons maxed out and equip their passive to make your unit workable.

5. You can probably start doing lufenia missions in about roughly 10 days and lufenia+ (the hardest difficulty) in maybe 3-4 weeks from when you start

6. Any event timed event (such as Lyud that came out 3 hours ago) should be your priority to clear since timed events are only available for 2 weeks. You can tell because it will say on the event banner that it has xx days left, otherwise clear a mix of story and lost chapters as you keep gaining resources and learn how to play the game

7. This game wants you to have a diverse roster as much as possible because each fight is built differently. Some fights will need you to bring a healer, or a tank, or a specialized damage unit, etc to be able to beat it.

8. This thread is pretty active so if you have any questions just ask 😊

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Did anyone pull for today's banner? I got both LDs and the new EX in about 280 tickets.

While most are telling you to focus on timed events, don't get frustrated if you can't beat Lufenia(+) content yet. This is normal and will require time until you can do them.

Preferably you want to use your gems when you have 75k at least. This is enough to pitty an LD. For every character you want their 15, 35, EX and LD weapons. Burst weapons are powerful but they require too much (125k) to pitty and you mostly need them for the difficult content (Lufenia+). So forget about them for now.

Your priority is to clear the story mode and getting your party/summons stronger. Do lost chapters when you want a character's 15 cp weapon and 2 pieces of their basic armour which you'll also want to MLB.

If you ever decide to do Lufenia(+) content, then don't ever think of doing them if your characters don't have their character boards, summon boards and MLB weapons. Focus on the characters you're going to use a lot and make sure you have different roles covered. For instance, Squall, Cloud and Lightning are all DPS units. For now you want to focus on upgrading one DPS unit and use the rest of your resources to upgrade a supporter, tank etc.

Making your summons stronger is also a priority but the characters you're going to use are more important for now.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Did anyone pull for today's banner? I got both LDs and the new EX in about 280 tickets.
80 tickets for Zell EX x3, LD x2, Llyud LD x1, Llyud EX x1 and I'm done~ Got the Llyuds together on the 80th ticket batch, tokened the 35.

Really happy since I wanted Zell on his first time around but my luck didn't come up then... but it certainly did tonight!

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome! Things tend to be chill, don't be afraid to ask questions about any mechanics and the like.

My friend code: 141 753 334

Anni stuff is going to be revealed soon (tomorrow or next week..i forget). Would save for that UNLESS you have a favorite that's on a current or near future banner. Also, keep in mind, game does push having a diverse roster on harder content. Having a tank (like Snow, for example) can make some later fights pretty easy or outright trivial.

www.tonberrytroupe.com

Tonberry Troupe - Timeline

useful for future banners, excludes global first stuff of course.

Yeah, you have lots of content you can go through. Do so at your own pace (it's alot!, including rewards!), try to get as far a possible in time limited stuff (under events). Once you gear up and built up your roster, can just tackle story/lost chapters/etc on hard difficulty and get the normal rewards without ever touching normal difficulty.

Useful beginner's guides here:

www.tonberrytroupe.com

Tonberry Troupe - Beginner Guide

www.tonberrytroupe.com

Tonberry Troupe - Beginner Priorities

I'll offer you my advice, since I started playing last October. Here's the general metric I followed --

Clear Act 1. Be judicious about pulls (i.e., ask people what to pull for; you'll be overflowing in resources and you'll want to pick up necessary elements for team-building, since you have an entire roster to fill out). When you unlock a new character, do their Lost Chapter.

Get all of the espers in the World of Illusions and level them to 30.

For every character that you're going to use, level them to Crystal Level 90 (c90), level 90, and work on their Summon Boards and Character Boards.

Crystals require farming the Cycle Quests on the Quest tab. These are easy stages, and they're infinitely repeatable.

Leveling characters is fast enough--but you can farm the Golden Cactaur quest to raise their levels. Again, this is fast.

As far as summon boards and character boards, the former requires farming a COSMOS-level Esper stage; the latter requires maxing out weapons to unlock branches on their progression chart (think: FFX sphere grid or FF12 license board); it also requires spending Character Points, which you can earn on a per-event basis. During certain events, characters will be EXPx2, meaning this will go faster. You can stack that with books (I use EXPx3 books).

Above all else, don't sell weapons unless they're Max Limit Broken (you'll see a checkmark once you do this). MLBing a weapon unlocks passives for characters, which you can subsequently equip.

You can ignore Abyss and Dimension's End stuff for now. You can safely ignore anything called LUFENIA.

I'd suggest just building up your roster at the moment and planning, based on the global timeline, what characters' weapons you might want to pull. Remember: you'll be overflowing in resources, so you'll have enough to pity things if you need.

The Tonberry Troupe Beginner Guide is a great resource too.

For what it's worth, I went from "brand new" to "clearing the hardest content in the game" in roughly 2-3 months without spending anything (beyond the $4/month Mog Pass).

1. This game is generous and you don't need to worry about your gems, especially as a new player as you have a lot of content to clear that have a lot of rewards. Story alone has close to 500k gems

2. That being said, do not pull on banners unless you are ready to pity

3. We just got lvl 90 a couple of weeks ago (we have less than 10 units that are lvl 90) so now focus on getting 3 units to lvl 70 and get all their weapons fully maxed. It can be any 3 units. Consider this your "clearing party" to clear content with. You will be able to clear pretty much anything on auto+ until the end of Act 2 and almost 80% of the lost chapters. By the time you finish these you will have even more resources and materials to upgrade your units even further

The content I mentioned above was from 2018 and was made with lvl 50 in mind. So you can imagine the powercreep its at now

Story + lost chapters should be your focus as far which content you should clear first, and then later you can try dimensions end

4. Having a character is not enough btw. You mentioned you unlocked squall, cloud, and lighting. You need ALL their weapons to make them effective. Currently there are 4 weapons. 15cp, 35cp, EX, and LD. All heros and villans also have a 5th weapon called BT. You need to have at least all 4 weapons maxed out and equip their passive to make your unit workable.

5. You can probably start doing lufenia missions in about roughly 10 days and lufenia+ (the hardest difficulty) in maybe 3-4 weeks from when you start

6. Any event timed event (such as Lyud that came out 3 hours ago) should be your priority to clear since timed events are only available for 2 weeks. You can tell because it will say on the event banner that it has xx days left, otherwise clear a mix of story and lost chapters as you keep gaining resources and learn how to play the game

7. This game wants you to have a diverse roster as much as possible because each fight is built differently. Some fights will need you to bring a healer, or a tank, or a specialized damage unit, etc to be able to beat it.

8. This thread is pretty active so if you have any questions just ask 😊

While most are telling you to focus on timed events, don't get frustrated if you can't beat Lufenia(+) content yet. This is normal and will require time until you can do them.

Preferably you want to use your gems when you have 75k at least. This is enough to pitty an LD. For every character you want their 15, 35, EX and LD weapons. Burst weapons are powerful but they require too much (125k) to pitty and you mostly need them for the difficult content (Lufenia+). So forget about them for now.

Your priority is to clear the story mode and getting your party/summons stronger. Do lost chapters when you want a character's 15 cp weapon and 2 pieces of their basic armour which you'll also want to MLB.

If you ever decide to do Lufenia(+) content, then don't ever think of doing them if your characters don't have their character boards, summon boards and MLB weapons. Focus on the characters you're going to use a lot and make sure you have different roles covered. For instance, Squall, Cloud and Lightning are all DPS units. For now you want to focus on upgrading one DPS unit and use the rest of your resources to upgrade a supporter, tank etc.

Making your summons stronger is also a priority but the characters you're going to use are more important for now.
Thanks for the thorough replies everyone, really helps clarify it all! I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go along but I have plenty to work off of now. Thanks :D

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017

Spent about 150 tickets with no real rewards, swapped to gems, and got Llyud's entire kit in two pulls.
Also for anyone wondering, asked a linguist friend who specialises in the Gaelic languages, how to pronounce Llyud's name.
She wasn't entirely certain, since as far as she knew it isn't a historical Gaelic name, but her best guess was "Lee-ood".

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the thorough replies everyone, really helps clarify it all! I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go along but I have plenty to work off of now. Thanks :D

Outside of the upcoming anniversary, I'd just tell you to primarily pull for favourites.
If you're an FFVI fan, you're in luck, as Locke will appear with a new BT and LD, probably later this week.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Jegran run pulls ahead of Raines to become my #3 Luf+ use now~ Next week'll be tying Setzer, which should also begin my Locke run who I'm ready to finally unload my Ultima cores on.

Outside of the upcoming anniversary, I'd just tell you to primarily pull for favourites.
If you're an FFVI fan, you're in luck, as Locke will appear with a new BT and LD, probably later this week.
As a 6 fan I'm ready for a packed few weeks with Locke, Edgar, Strago, and Kefka all incoming! Thankfully already got Strago & Kefka complete and prepped for C90/BT+ so it's just about getting Locke & Edgar.

boy though there's a lot of stuff I'd like to get in the short-term outside of them as well

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Could be, if Square Enix is pushing it as a "Western FF" lol
I'm surprised by how long it took the Japanese version to finally get Cor.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So Japan got Lunafreya? Wow! I can't believe that. I'm actually happy and am excited for when she comes to global. Didn't think they would add her but I guess her success as a strong unit in FFBE might've the reason why or she's strangely more popular than I expected. Too bad she was super underwhelming in FFXV itself and I'm likely never going to get over how bad of a character she was in that game.

Edit: if the global first is not Rikku I'm going to be disappointed, lol

Last edited:

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Ok guys hear me out.

What if the gl first is Jack Garland 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Funny as that would be, I'm still expecting something from FFTA or TA2.
"We've heard your concerns regarding the small roster of FFT characters, and would like to introduce you all to a new Tactics character... LUSO! (or Marche)"

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
So I am thinking about Ultima weapons....I originally was going to go for sword and greatsword....but then I remembered leila is coming and she is a dagger user. This makes getting ultima dagger when Locke is out a good choice....

But then like 3 weeks after leila comes out, Zack and Ramza are coming out and I would like to give them ultima weapons....

I am also assuming we will get additional ultima cores because of anniversary

Decisions, decisions ........

Funny as that would be, I'm still expecting something from FFTA or TA2.
"We've heard your concerns regarding the small roster of FFT characters, and would like to introduce you all to a new Tactics character... LUSO! (or Marche)"

I will fucking riot. Tactics Advance don't exist in my universe

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I will fucking riot. Tactics Advance don't exist in my universe
New kid for DFFOO !

dvzouedjzn.gif

(I like FFTA/2 :x)

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
latest
Delita and Ritz are my preferred Tactics Reps if we get any, Ritz has a great design and will do some red mage shit courtesy of having the Viera Class list which includes Fencer, Red Mage, Illusionist and Sniper, and Delita because he's Delita. I envision him manipulating his party member's turns as an aspect of his greatest expression of character, manipulation of those around him.

85d6c7bc2909716afe240a921b4641e4.png

We can only hope we see something like those, a Tactics rep at all would be a treat.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
sigma_harmonics_coda_art_3.jpg
Okay, lemme rebound; what about Sigma from Sigma Harmonics? Neon is a final fantasy character, she's in one of them, so it should Definitely be considered.

Maybe his whole thing would be the reverse of the Yuri/Chelinka thing, where he's doing buffs and special non-damage stuff, and Neon shows up to do attacks, maybe even to take hits : O

They would be in the World of Final Fantasy section for reasons that only a hardcore nerd would know : P

Alternatively they should put in Einhander because it's also now a final fantasy character >: V

Madvin_a

Oct 25, 2017
FFRK did something similar, fun, especially if ya get what ya want. This is for the JPN client, upcoming 5th anni.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Haha look how excited they are! Honestly can't wait for a pull like that but they got one bt and force out of all that? Lol

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
Haha look how excited they are! Honestly can't wait for a pull like that but they got one bt and force out of all that? Lol

not trying to downplay their excitement, but this is how a typical JP show will look like. They are always super excited and you can constantly hear them say SUGOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII like 20 times a minute.

A 15cp weapon could have popped and they would have the same reaction.

Anyways that banner gives a guaranteed BT and FR and only drops gold and is a 5 x 10+1 multi

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
So Tifa is getting BT in JP and I remember rumors/datamine about Garnet and Rinoa being next.
Kinda expected Jack Garland to be GL first but that sounds very unlikely if JP is getting it in March for the game release.

Jux

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I'm really not sure what character I would actually really like to see as global first.
Tactics is an obvious one with either Delita or TG Cid but other than that I don't see one I'm really missing (Rikku and Red XIII don't do it for me, sorry!)

Naar

Oct 29, 2017
As a big tactics fan, I don't care who we get to be honest.

As long as we get interesting kits, that's all I care about

Malfred

Oct 26, 2017
Marche is underrated.
FFTA is fairly colourful, and starts out with some fairly childish beats, but I'd argue that the story as a whole as well as the 5 main characters can hold up to FFT's quality.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Legit I want Refia

Or fiiiiine I'll take any of the 3 DS named onion knights... I'm just legit interested in seeing one of them interact with the rest of the FF3 crew, like maybe OK is confused but the others somehow recognize them.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So one of the Global first surprise was kinda leaked / datamined
It points at Garnet BT https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/195275-dissidia-final-fantasy-opera-omnia/79874105
We could very well get a special BT cycle on Global, let's see if there's a new character as well.
Tomorrow we will know for sure.

Oh no!

This makes me worried about Edge's banner because I was planning on pulling for them both there. Garnet might get replaced with someone I already have

In other news, I surprisingly got Vanille's LD through a daily free pull a few days ago. I don't have her EX though. I was hoping to get it for free too. I only have one last chance tomorrow and then I'll use tickets to hopefully get it.

Any impressions of Vanille?