• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree because I never want Edgar to be stripped of this.

At least Edgar is classier about it.
Edgar works because he has other character traits and an arc not focusing on desperately trying to get into the pants of every woman he comes across that dominate his presence in the game. I could be wrong because it's been awhile since I played VI but I don't remember him trying to hit on every woman he comes across in every scene. Zidane is really diminished into notthing but a womanizer in this game.

Edit: oh yeah, Relm.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
The frequent amount of content releasing is so wonderful. This has become my favorite mobile game and I'm constantly playing it.

Completed the Dragon Co-Op. Only difficult part is the sandworm everything else is fun and easy.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Uh, no he didn't, Relm hit on him, calling him shit like "lover boy". Edgar was pretty put off by it too, he was like wtf is this child doing flirting with me.

Relm: What's wrong, lover-boy?
Edgar: ...How old are you?
Relm: Ten... Why?
Relm: Weirdo. I'm going on ahead, okay?
Edgar: Not even a lady yet... Here's hoping you're still around in eight years, kid.

I don't think I've ever done this to a, I'm sorry, 10 year old so I won't call him a pedo because he didn't act on it, but most people would call this type of person a scumbag.

It's really a tired assed trope.
I would prefer an actual womanizer at this point.

ActStriker

Oct 25, 2017
Used up 10 draw tickets and got Yda and Hope's 5* weapons, a ton of 4*s and only 2 3*. Wow.

e: lol, just got Sazh's now too

Last edited:

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Relm: What's wrong, lover-boy?
Edgar: ...How old are you?
Relm: Ten... Why?
Relm: Weirdo. I'm going on ahead, okay?
Edgar: Not even a lady yet... Here's hoping you're still around in eight years, kid.
Huh, that is not how i remember him responding. Now i'm going to have to play through VI again just to see if that really is the text.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone else keep reading "The ruins of Deserta" as "The ruins of Resetera"?
Because I do every single time and it's very annoying

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
THE GRIND NEVER ENDS

STILL SO MUCH TO DO

HELP

C7YgpfLl.jpg

VBDVxMLl.jpg

4ZF4TZcl.jpg

Balphon

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the official twitter abandoned all pretense of the audience not knowing who the event character is, but still kept the silhouette image.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I like how the official twitter abandoned all pretense of the audience not knowing who the event character is, but still kept the silhouette image.
lol I love it

I'm so happy with the frequent updates. Setzer event will be interesting tomorrow. I'm going to finish Ifrit grinding before it and grab the rest of the rewards.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
And Ifrit EX completed!

xfk556ilnxsq6.jpg

Phew, that was intense, I'm back to have completed everything since I did the 1M pts coop too, let's hope for Setzer event tomorrow.
Edit : nvm it was already confirmed haha, I was so focused into the fight.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Wow crazy amount of Gil! What is your level, I'm at 91. Ifrit at 18. I've had mixed luck farming level 6 for the 2 star mat. Also around 580k/1m for the mp challenge, very tedious running that. Essentially brainlesss at this point, I think everyone knows how to get a minimum of 15kpts

Currently at Rank 81. I had over 600k gil a few days before, but I ran into the equipment cap and had to fuse a crapload of stuff.

I'm still yet to do the MP mission rewards yet.

So

Much

Farming

Right now, I don't know what's worse, this game or Brave Exvius in terms of farming.

So finished the normal mode story quest. What's the best way to level up characters all the way to 50

Daily Quests + Book of Knowledge spam.
World of Illusions (make sure you burn all your stamina before ranking up if you want to be efficient, as a Rank up restores all SP)
2-2 on Hard is the most time efficient and can be autoed from a low level as well.
RIP your sanity.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, I feel so far behind. Only got Ifrit to lvl 10, zero characters at 50 (though three are in their late forties) and have barely touched coop. Yikes!

Oct 27, 2017
Currently at Rank 81. I had over 600k gil a few days before, but I ran into the equipment cap and had to fuse a crapload of stuff.

I'm still yet to do the MP mission rewards yet.

So

Much

Farming

Right now, I don't know what's worse, this game or Brave Exvius in terms of farming.

Yeah, and it's getting boring. They need to increase the auto battle speed like Record Keeper, 1x 2x 3x 4x 5x.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, the first week I barely played since there wasn't any event, even my brother completed the first 5 chapters before I was done with the second one in hard mode. For dailies or World of Illusion (orb) farming, I just hit auto and do something else.

Raspyberry

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That he is shot down is funny, but his kind of womanizing character trope is tired and overused, nothing of value would be lost if such characters were retired for a long time.
That's his character. He's in this game. But that is how he is. Just don't use him if you disagree and use the better characters in the roster anyway.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
User warned: unprovoked personal attack
That's his character. He's in this game. But that is how he is. Just don't use him if you disagree and use the better characters in the roster anyway.
I can criticize sexist crap if I want to. Your ignorant ass can continue accepting such shit in the world. Not everyone has to.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Most useless quests are these "Kill X monster 20 times!" for these weekly events for some piddly amount of gil.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I think I'm nearing 1million gil myself...... what is the point of gil? My Terra gets like over 50 uses per day and got 78 yesterday.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Is there a guide for how to beat ifrit EX without grinding that summon to 20?

How good is your Vanille/Hope/DPS?

My Ifrit wasn't level 20 when I beat it and I used x3 DPS (Steiner/Vaan/Cloud), but I got a super unlucky Great Fireball to the face (I wasn't counting the head turns) when I was on low Brave. So I missed out on the "Receive no breaks" mission and had to do it again.

A party of Vanille/Hope and a DPS will keep you safe throughout the entire fight (Protect/Shell/Deprotect/Dispel), but it basically obliterates your chance of getting the "Done within 125 turns" mission.

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Alright all Ifrit missions completed except for level 20. In about 20 minutes I can do a last run and then he will be maxed. I'm trying to do the Co-Op mission which I'm almost at the halfway achievement. It's not too bad, will probably have it completed tomorrow.

I'm ready for Setzer in the next hour!
The issue, it seems here, is that you're actually watching the awful cutscenes in the first place.
The cutscenes are great what are you talking about? They're mostly goofy but fun interactions which is much better than Dissidia games cutscenes.

As for Zidane criticism I mean...that's kind of his character and I'm not saying that as a positive (Famassu I agree with your idea about calling that stuff out but it's more like your issue is with Zidane himself which is fair because that is HIS character)but that Zidane is kind of obnoxious for a good portion of IX. He does grow out of it by the end which is nice.

In this game I'm mostly just enjoying the funny interactions and not taking it too seriously that Zidane is any annoying perv.

Is there a guide for how to beat ifrit EX without grinding that summon to 20?
What 5* weapons do you have and who is your highest leveled characters?

One thing(that I funny enough did not pay attention to until recently) you need to watch in all of these battles is who is being targeted by the boss and to plan around that. So with Chimera he has three attacks indicated by the color of each head. Red is a BRV attack but if he has enough BRV it will turn into an HP attack so if chimera is not broken on a Red Glowing head then it might hp attack. Blue is another BRV attack which is blizzard. Yellow is an all party attack and once chimera is around 50% hp is the highest in damage dealt and BRV gained.

The biggest thing to watch out is that at the halfway point chimera buffs up and starts to do even more insane damage. If you have Vanille's weapon, the fight is a cakewalk. You debuff, get chimera to 50% or less and then summon ifrit and try to kill as fast as you can. If not, you can bring a friend Vanille and summon around 60% to get a debuff in then do the ifrit summon.

The best team composition is Squall, Vanille and either Cloud or Yuna. Cloud because he has great damage and a chance to stun a turn away. Yuna because she can BRV restore.

You just need to take your time in the fight and make sure you keep targeted characters BRV up.

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I already have Laguna's 5 star..... so no reason to pull on the new banner for me. I'm not sure if Yuffie is any good though.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Did a pull and got Setzer, Yuffie and another WoL 5*. Only thing I wanted was the Galbadian armour which I also pulled so yay!

Xetherion

Oct 30, 2017
Did a draw on the Setzer banner,

1x Laguna 5*
1x Tifa 5* dupe, 1 more and it will be mlb

All i wanted was a 5* gun so i'm happy!

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the mini boss of the Setzer level 50 stage was harder than the boss (to complete all missions) which got bursted really hard with Y'shtola / Cloud friend / Terra

Oct 25, 2017
pull. yuffie. when am I ever going to get a pull more than the minimum? not sure if I'll pull again, also got 2 4* guns and a dupe armor (vaans, so pleased there) and a dupe penelo dagger

yuffie was my least desired of the three, but oh well. may pull again, may not. 16k on hand and 15ish tickets

once I rank up I should be able to get ifrit to 20.

need to get a few hundred thousand more pts towards finishing Dragon, hopefully there will be people still fighting him despite the new battles dropping.

Oct 27, 2017
Did 8 free single pulls and I got 1 5* Laguna and 1 5* Yuffie.
Then did 4 11-pulls and got 2 more Lagunas, 5 more Yuffies and 1 WoL.
I wanted that Setzer.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Got Setzer with some tickets which is nice, now I have a 5 star of each weapon type!

Also fun, with lvl 20 ifrit and setzer freeze ability makes max bravery on team over 11k bravery...damn.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Did one pull and got both Laguna and Setzers weapons, the two which I was after. Pretty happy, was expecting it to give me Yuffie's weapon just to annoy me (don't really like her tbh).

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
Event complete! Time to do some multiplayer runs. I'll go back to the grind out part 2 for the gil reward later.

Also gratz on everyones pulls! Looks like most of us got Setzer's or Laguna's gear. :)

Deleted member 419

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I spent like 15k gems to finally pull Yuna's Astral Rod. I feel like I blew way more than I should've but oh well. I'm only interested in getting good equipment for a few of my favorite characters anyway.

Seeing some of these stats in here though...damn. All those LV 50s! You all are crazy :)

Is Yuna/Vanille/Squall a good team?

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Get ready for the future because Squall's second weapon put's him in the top three best characters in the game when it releases.
NICE. Squall is already a monster. Looking forward to making him even more crazy.

I got completely blindsided by this game, I only started it because I got those two codes from Dissidia NT. Now I'd conservatively say I've put 2x or 3x as much time into this as I have into NT! The battle system is a lot of fun and surprisingly strategic given how simple it is.

Also I've only just started Chapter 4, but so far it's been interesting to see Seifer have such a big role. I hope the rest of the VIII cast show up soon as well.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
NICE. Squall is already a monster. Looking forward to making him even more crazy.

I got completely blindsided by this game, I only started it because I got those two codes from Dissidia NT. Now I'd conservatively say I've put 2x or 3x as much time into this as I have into NT! The battle system is a lot of fun and surprisingly strategic given how simple it is.

Also I've only just started Chapter 4, but so far it's been interesting to see Seifer have such a big role. I hope the rest of the VIII cast show up soon as well.
It's going to be great once we get his 35cp weapon here. Squall is going to be such a beast and I love it!

If you don't mind spoiling yourself about who is in the game(I already did lol) then you can see who has been released in Japan. Most of VIII's main cast have been released and we will probably see another character in a couple months if they decide to release more story chapters. :)

I'm starting to save for the next VIII character and hopefully can get their 5* right away.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Did 2 pulls
1st pull: Yuffie weapon x2
2nd pull: Yuffie weapon x2

Oh...
The game wants me to use Yuffie haha

Deleted member 419

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't mind spoiling yourself about who is in the game(I already did lol) then you can see who has been released in Japan.
This is super tempting, but on the other hand I kind of like staying in suspense...hmm.

Yeah Terra and Yuna are my favourites and SS tier in Japan. Nice bonus!
I haven't recruited Terra yet. What's her build (buff, debuff, DPS, etc.)? I might swap her in for Vanille if she's a debuffer.

My favs from VI are Setzer and Celes. Setzer we just got thankfully, and I hope I run into Celes at some point in the story. If not then I'm confident she'll get an event quest or something.

Did 2 pulls
1st pull: Yuffie weapon x2
2nd pull: Yuffie weapon x2

Oh...
The game wants me to use Yuffie haha
At one point I had 4 of Hope's 5-star boomerang lol

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Is the best place to farm Heatra Cores part 6 of the Ifrit event? Or is there a better place? Because I'm not getting a lot :(