Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
I only have small amounts of cursory knowledge of FF as a franchise but this game has me hype as fuck.

Hoping the season pass means they're willing to support it for some time.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! I'm ready for my man Kefka in HD!!

Here a little something in HD for you already:

dissidia-18-1.jpg

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
When Cup Noodles offers the best DLC option...

Never played the PSP games but I was always interested in this series. Is it easy for a more casual fighting game player to pick up and play? Hard to tell from the gameplay.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
They better freaking have those preorder DLCs be available to everyone at some point.

If they have the gall to do what Dissidia 012 did, then they have no shame.

The best DLC is the Cup Noodles one cause I don't have to pay the price of a full game to get. I already have a GS and Amazon preorder so I'm already getting those DLCs. All I'm missing is that Nameless Warrior outfit.

Last edited:

Datrael

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Here in Spain we get the claymore + nameless knight + noctis outfit with the limited edition (which costs the same as the normal edition and includes a steelbox)

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Will be going to Best Buy to get mine because screw retailer exclusive DLC and of course GCU. I will probably buy the two steelbooks they don't give me with my copy stand alone as I want all 3 of them.

CountBlack

Oct 26, 2017
Day 1 for the NA version.

beta this weekend should be good tho

I just wanna play Sephiroth and learn the timing of those cancels

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Bought the JP version due to superior boxart so probably won't have this day one. :( But that's okay.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The one and true Goddess. I kneel.

However I am so flustered by this game. Loved the Beta, loved the PSP Dissidias... But the trophy list on this game? I never canceled a pre-order faster. My motivation was instantly sapped, and it's all because my completionist tendencies. I don't wanna wrack myself over the online trophies, but I just know I would.

Ugh. Maybe I will still get it and just play casually on an alt account. If only there was someway I could guarantee a steelbook with Lightning on it...

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me the context behind Cloud getting a BASEBALL BAT WITH NAILS IN IT as a pre-order bonus?

Did I miss the FF7 spin-off where Cloud is a part of a vicious biker gang?

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me the context behind Cloud getting a BASEBALL BAT WITH NAILS IN IT as a pre-order bonus?

Did I miss the FF7 spin-off where Cloud is a part of a vicious biker gang?

It was a joke weapon with no materia slots that you could buy at Junon.

Not sure if there was any other reason though.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Any info regarding Pro support? I have the faintest memory of them at least mentioning once that they are looking to visually improve the game. Since the developer is Team Ninja I have faith they will make proper use of the Pro and there will be downsampling if the game receives a resolution boost. It is really in need of one, or at least some form of anti aliasing because it is very jaggy.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Interesting, I don't remember that at all!

I think what's most weird about it besides the idea of a Final Fantasy character getting hit in the head with a bat full of nails is you'd imagine any swappable weapon would need similar proportions to the Buster Sword in order for the weight of the animations to not look wonky, so model swapping it with a small bat just seems like it's going to look really weird.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Any info regarding Pro support? I have the faintest memory of them at least mentioning once that they are looking to visually improve the game. Since the developer is Team Ninja I have faith they will make proper use of the Pro and their will be downsampling if the game receives a resolution boost. It is really in need of one, or at least some anti aliasing because it is very jaggy.

I don't know much about Pro support for this game, but I know the beta supported HDR.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
There's actually a whole set of joke weapons in VII, one for every character. They all have great stats but no materia slots. I always use a couple of them, since you have plenty of slots anyway.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Been preordered Digital Deluxe since October! Just gonna play some MHW until this launches.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone capable of alleviating my concerns that this game will be any fun in a 1v1 environment?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering why this OT was posted so early but... damn JP version releases today eh? Us plebs have to wait another two weeks or so.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Interesting, I don't remember that at all!

I think what's most weird about it besides the idea of a Final Fantasy character getting hit in the head with a bat full of nails is you'd imagine any swappable weapon would need similar proportions to the Buster Sword in order for the weight of the animations to not look wonky, so model swapping it with a small bat just seems like it's going to look really weird.

It's a pretty good sized bat.

cloud_nail.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati

Huh, I actually didn't know you could buy it in Junon I remember always getting it in the Temple of Ancients from that Clock puzzle room by falling through the floor I think.

FFVII had a Nail Bat, Mop, rocket punch... Parasol? And some more.

Atomic Scissors AKA a damn can opener.

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Yep!
I want to know if it has any story at all or id only an arcade type of mode

There is a story mode with fully voiced cutscenes and there are some battles in there as well, but the way you progress in it is by doing other things in the game like Online or Rush Battle (closest thing to an arcade mode) which give you memories to spend on story mode.

Calliope

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Detroit, MI
Character level 25 rewards revealed and they are new weapon skins for each character.

Not sure if the cap is currently in the console version though, it might still be 20.

You can view them all here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/dissidia/comments/7p6sjy/new_weapons_for_all_characters/
Looks like Cloud's reward sword is also based on one from VII. Organics, I think.

And if you wanted to read too much into some of these weapons, they could hint at characters that won't make it in.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Okay they seriously need to add the Knight of the Twin Moon costume for Cecil ASAP.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
There is a story mode with fully voiced cutscenes and there are some battles in there as well, but the way you progress in it is by doing other things in the game like Online or Rush Battle (closest thing to an arcade mode) which give you memories to spend on story mode.
I see... not what I really expected but nothing can be done.

Thanks for the reply!

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
So two questions:

1) Kain is included in the OP but I had no idea he was announced? His picture doesn't have a render, so whats up with that?

2) When Noctis was announced, his video was set in Insomnia. Is the Citadel actually a playable stage or was that just taken from FFXV for hype purposes?

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
So two questions:

1) Kain is included in the OP but I had no idea he was announced? His picture doesn't have a render, so whats up with that?

2) When Noctis was announced, his video was set in Insomnia. Is the Citadel actually a playable stage or was that just taken from FFXV for hype purposes?

1) I don't know if he had an announcement trailer but yeah he's in the game.

2) The reveal trailer? That took place in the FFXII Royal City of Rabanastre stage. Surprisingly there is no stage yet to represent XV.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
1) I don't know if he had an announcement trailer but yeah he's in the game.

2) The reveal trailer? That took place in the FFXII Royal City of Rabanastre stage. Surprisingly there is no stage yet to represent XV.
Thanks for answering! Good to know Kain is in the game and ooohhhh my god I am so stupid, how did I not realise that was Rabanstre?! This whole time I thought it was Insomnia ;A;