• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you or have you seen it?

• Yes

Votes: 147 17.3%
  • No

Votes: 200 23.6%
  • Will in the future

Votes: 426 50.2%
  • Have seen it

Votes: 75 8.8%

• Total voters

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I'll see it when it hits regular Disney+ in June. $35 is a bit steep, although we all want to watch it here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Just watched it. Simple story with a trite message ("can't we all just get along?") but AMAZING animation and some great characters. 7/10.

z e r t

Oct 27, 2017
It's a little expensive for me so I'll wait for April.

This has different release dates worldwide? I see a lot of people here saying they'll wait for it to release in June but in my d+ app it says that it will be available on April 23 (I'm in Mexico btw)

Trevelyan

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought it earlier as I'd like to support them and would have spent double the amount to see it in the theater with my family under normal circumstances.

CupOfDoom

Dec 17, 2017
Probably at some point in the future. I'm not a huge Disney animation fan but, I sub to Disney+ in months where there is MCU/Star Wars stuff I want to see so, when I re-up my sub later this year, I'll probably check it out.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it. Simple story with a trite message ("can't we all just get along?") but AMAZING animation and some great characters. 7/10.
yeah, i feel the same. i dont regret the purchase. it was 22,- for owning a 4k/hdr copy. thats a steal for a brand new movie. and i share d+ with 2 other people, so its even less.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have their "Premium" service, so no. I'll watch it eventually, but I'm not in any hurry. I'm still behind the last two Pixar films, and those were up there day one.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Tempted to pay up, but ultimately decided to wait. I'd happily pay to see it in the theaters if they were open here, but I don't feel like spending 22 euro for three months worth of early access of a film I will only watch once in that timeframe.

So june it is for me.

Oct 28, 2017
Will be watching tonight after we order Pizza and wings and popcorn.

Still cheaper than lugging my 5 to the theater. I will gladly pay for this.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait until June. But I'm glad to see that Disney animation is putting some effort into showing that Asia isn't just a monolith of Chinese and/or Japanese. Moana was good for Pacific Islander/Polynesian cultural representation, and now this Raya film tackles the Southeast Asian region.

It's just nice to see that in the same way they acknowledge white people can be British/German/French/Whatever, Asians can actually have separate cultures and histories as well.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I grabbed it to watch tonight. I'll support a film like this, it's the same as two tickets to the theatre. I'm incredibly excited for it.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I think their price point is ridiculous, especially since it seems tied to the subscription service, which I plan to cancel for a couple of months now that Wandavision is done and they're going to dripfeed their paltry amount of shows.

Yes it's cheaper than three movie tickets but there's also none of the experience.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
I'll probably watch it evetually. I'll probably take Disney+ for a month at some point when they have more stuff I'm interested in.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Just got back from the theaters with my girls. They loved it. I loved it.
Awesome to actually go to a movie again too, my local theater still has reasonable priced tickets during the day, seats were taped off, you pick your seats before, and there was 4 others in there.

I have D+ and I'm on the fence with HBO Max, I'll probably save the money for the subscription and go see Godzilla V Kong in the theater.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Premier Access is 160-180kr more than regular Disney+ with its garbage bitrate in my region.
Not paying that to rent one movie. So probably in June then.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched it. It was alright. Very basic story with an ordinary message. It's just like it lacked something. Really liked Namaari as a character. And the dragon wasn't annoying. Was nice with all the South East Asian references to food, weaponry and landscapes but it wasn't anything deeper than that. Very surface level unfortunately.

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My and my girlfriend will watch it once it becomes part of regular D+, $30 for a three month early unlock is just not worth it for a movie we aren't really anticipating that much. Had it been $30 for a pay to own on iTunes I think we would have jumped on it, but the price is just about twice as much as I would pay for early access to that movie.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Can it be downloaded? Might get it for a flight tomorrow

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was okay.

Tbh it felt like something that should have been a game.

As a movie it just felt kind of.. unsatisfying?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Since I'm not sure if my little brother wants to split the cost with me, I'm not sure when I'll watch it. But I most certainly will.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
So is the model here that you pay 30 bucks to watch now what will be on regular Disney+ in like a month or so? I'm not feeling that

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
Saw it today in a theater. Some of the most fun I have had in years (don't @ me, it was pretty empty).

It is a post apocalyptic Avatar the Last Airbender meets Lord of the Rings with a deeply flawed Disney Princess. It is all about an eye for an eye makes the world blind and I loved it. Kelly Marie Tran was perfect and I am really starting to like Awkafina. Benedict Wong was hilarious as well. The action was great, I loved the theming, and the film was gorgeous.

TradedHats

Mar 8, 2018
Wasn't sure where to put this but thought it was nice:

iy989uiy6753.jpg

iy989uiy6752-1024x637.jpg

In celebration of Walt Disney Animation Studios' new film, "Raya and the Last Dragon," guests at the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort can take a photo in front of a new art installation inspired by the film. The artwork was designed by Imagineer Xiao Qing Chen, who was born and raised in Malaysia.

Qing's intent for the piece is to celebrate differences by respecting, accepting and embracing everyone's uniqueness and strengths. I had the opportunity to meet with Qing to discuss the artwork, now on display at the westside of the Downtown Disney District. Stop by and see #DisneyRaya in her group hug! Deluxe prints and Art on Demand for Qing's artwork are now available at WonderGround Gallery.

disneyparks.disney.go.com

Imagineer Xiao Qing Chen Designs Artwork Inspired by Disney’s 'Raya and the Last Dragon' for Downtown Disney District

In celebration of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ new film, "Raya and the Last Dragon," guests at the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort can take a photo in front of a new art installation inspired by the film. The artwork was

For the poll, I was burned by Mulan, and even though this looks a lot better, I'll probably wait a bit.

Oct 27, 2017
For those of you who have purchased it. Quick questions... Hows the Dolby Vision/Atmos quality? Is there a short before the movie?

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
My family has a theater rental next weekend so the kids can watch it on the big screen. We can't wait!! They haven't been to a theater in over a year, we used to have so much fun

Plidex

Oct 30, 2017
It costs USD 17 for me, I'm from South America, I guess there is regional pricing?

It's still is too expensive. If it was USD 10 I would pay it.

Oct 28, 2017
For those of you who have purchased it. Quick questions... Hows the Dolby Vision/Atmos quality? Is there a short before the movie?

On Apple TV it is playing in PCM 2.1 and there is no Dolby Vision triggering at all. I also don't see the options indicated on the menu screen.

edit: it's showing an indicator for Dolby vision on my iPhone but only 5.1 soundtrack. Not sure if anything ever displays as Atmos on the iPhone though.