Votes: 32 11.3%
  • Disneyland Anaheim

Votes: 72 25.4%

• Total voters

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Having been to three:

WDW has the best 'bubble,' best Haunted Mansion, great food and tons of different places to get it, the world's only Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and is an amazing place you could spend a month in and not see everything. Unfortunately upkeep isn't great and the non-MK parks don't have a ton of rides at them. Also Illuminations is dead now, and life is barely worth living without it.

Disneyland has the best version of nearly every ride, is jam packed with stuff, oozes history... but California Adventure kinda sucks and the parks are really small and lack any real sort of bubble.

Tokyo is perfect except for the fact it is all the way over in Tokyo.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
By "Disney World", do you mean the resort that's comprised of 4 major theme parks, or The Magic Kingdom, the "Disneyland-style" original park of the Florida resort? Because the answers are totally different based on that.

Resort versus resort, there's no contest. Disney World is the king, period. EPCOT is a HUGE part of that, and Animal Kingdom is a great park as well, and neither are available anywhere else in the world.

Park versus park though, Disneyland is still THE theme park, and always will be. Magic Kingdom is great, but it doesn't quite have the same magic as Walt's baby. Plus, Magic Kingdom has a LOT of missing attractions (that are largely spread across the other Florida parks, which is another reason that resort can still take the win) and stuff like the drastically inferior version of Pirates.

I haven't gone to the international parks, but I've read a LOT into them, and I don't suspect my answer would change regardless. The Paris and Shanghai parks seem great, but I still think the original wins out, and as badly as I want to go to DisneySea, I don't think it adds up to EPCOT and Animal Kingdom (and Hollywood) combined. I'm REALLY not sure who would pick Hong Kong over uh... any of them, lol.

Last edited:

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
WDW has some cool stuff but Anaheim has most of the same, much of it better, and you don't have to take a bus to get from ride to ride. Particularly with the improvement of the food in Anaheim and the revamping of California Adventure, WDW rarely seems appealing enough to warrant the travel and cost. But whenever I can get reservations for the Star Wars Hotel, I'll be heading back.

Plax

Nov 23, 2019
I've only been to Anaheim so I'm almost certainly biased. But I loved Anaheim.

Feign

Aug 11, 2020
<-- Coast
Okay, I just rewatched The Legend of Mythica DisneySea show and forgot it's basically a barely obscured means to get people to participate in a mass occult ritual and I love it. Starting with fake mythical creatures on boats only to reveal the real animatronic ones at the end, including a hydra, is such a brilliant touch.

hydra_float_at_tokyo_disney_sea_by_rubyreminiscence_d6p0sca-fullview.jpg

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Disneyland, because it's so densely packed. It feels like every 10 feet there's something to do. Not that I'd turn down a trip to WDW or anything, but it's a bit spread out for my liking. Most of the parks only have a handful of attractions that I really look forward to doing, and Magic Kingdom ain't no Disneyland Park. MaxPass is also fuckin' incredible.

Eulala

Aug 8, 2018
No order but Anaheim's Disneyland, Orlando's Animal Kingdom, and Tokyo's Disneysea are in the top of the class.

Never tried Paris/Shanghai/Hong Kong sadly. Tokyo is just hard to beat with its exclusive Disneysea and general magic taken up a notch across both parks. Like others have said, Anaheim's Disneyland is STACKED with rides, attractions, and lands especially with Star Wars now. California Adventure is still bare by comparison and constantly going through an identity crisis but has a promising future with Marvel expansion (pre-COVID). Orlando's Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are good, I initially took EPCOT for granted because it's low on thrill rides but realized it's great for art/culture/food appreciation, and Animal Kingdom is so amazing. But those peak Orlando days of high heat and humidity on top of hundreds of park-goers constantly surrounding you.... Good lord.

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
DisneySea is the greatest theme park in the world if you're into theming, and the regular Disney next door is top tier.
The Japanese Disney's are what happen when you give Imagineers the budget to go HAM.

DisneySea saw me solving Assassins Creed puzzles inside a vintage working planetarium hidden inside an island fortress full of optical illusions and neat physics shit next to a da Vinci helicopter after exploring a pirate ship - and it's not even a 'major' area with any rides.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Maybe this is just me, but I don't consider Disneyland being so densely packed as a plus. Obviously for a lot of people it is, like going trick or treating in a neighborhood with closely spaced houses to maximize candy numbers. But for me that kinda lessens the magic of it all. I'm speaking for Tokyo Disneyland here because I've never been to Disneyland CA, but it seems almost cheap compared to Magic Kingdom because of the lack of foliage and atmosphere. But I'm also at that age where I enjoy the parks for people watching, food, shows, and atmosphere and staging. I don't need to hit all the rides to feel satisfied. I guess that probably has to do with the fact that I grew up in Central Florida and have ridden everything a million times. I can totally understand how someone making a big vacation out of it would want to see and do as much as possible in the limited time they have, and to get the most out of their money.

AkumaNiko

Oct 28, 2017
My Ranking

1. WDW
2. Tokyo Disney Sea
3. Tokyo Disneyland
4. Disneyland Cali

I was supposed to be in tokyo this week but president fuck face had to get us banned from all the countries

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Disneyland. Best Attractions. More convenient.
More charm.

DW is too big and spread out.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
As much as I dislike the weather, Disney World Florida is really great. Staying in a hotel on the water, taking ferry boats around, lots of attractions.

But Disneyland has that Star Wars joint. So I guess it depends on how badly you want to dress up like a jedi.

latex

Jul 5, 2018
WDW because working in World Showcase and watching Illuminations almost every night for a year will always be one of my favorite lifetime experiences.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
It is known that Disney World Florida stomps every other park. I've seen so many tourist there admit as much to me.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Anaheim. But I'm biased having been an attractions host there (both parks) for 5 years in the late 90's early 00's (Matterhorn, Autopia, Toontown (back when we got to drive the Trolley around) and all of Hollywood at DCA (opening crew) in addition to the dreaded Parade/Fantasmic GC shifts).

Anaheim has the history (Walt's apartment, etc), the most attractions in one park, the compactness which leads to a more intimate feeling, and the best year round weather of all the parks. Plus Matterhorn which I love and worked.

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Disneyland is great if you live in California or thereabouts, but if you have to fly, why not fly to Walt Disney World? It boggles my mind that they copy + pasted Star Wars Galaxy's Edge to Anaheim when they could have put unique attractions to give it an edge over WDW

SealedSeven

Prophet of Regret
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
While some of the rides are better in other Disney parks, being inside the WDW bubble is something that can't be duplicated. Even when leaving the parks to go to the resorts, you still have the Disney experience.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Disney World for the World Showcase alone. Nothing better than spending a day eating and drinking things from around the world.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
If we're talking one park, Disney Land, but if we're talking about Disney Land + California Adventure vs. Disney World - then the answer is obviously Disney World. You're straight up in a bubble that's 100% Disney, and it's pretty amazing.

Chuck

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who picks Disneyland over Disney World is either from California or has never been to Disney World.

Lardroom

Aug 22, 2020
I live in Florida, and thus have easy access to Disney World. Nevertheless, Tokyo Disney Sea is the best theme park Ive ever experienced, with Tokyo Disney Land a close second. Tokyo Disney is just absolutely magical in terms of theming, and more importantly, the type of persons who go to DisneySea. A lot of people there are just so into it. It draws you in.

Also, since its now October, Tokyo Disney usually allows guests to cosplay as Disney characters. Yeah.

Twstr709

Oct 27, 2017

I voted Disney World, but I want to change my vote after watching this shit. Glad it's not there anymore.

Oct 28, 2017
I grew up 40 minutes from Disneyland and we went a lot. I was in my 30s when I first went to Disney world. Disney World is amazing, but I'm going with my heart and say Disneyland. Too much personal history and Disney history tied up in that park.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
WDW because working in World Showcase and watching Illuminations almost every night for a year will always be one of my favorite lifetime experiences.

Nice! Which country?

I owe that World Showcase area quite a bit. I bought my first Japanese dictionary in the Mitsukoshi shop in "Japan" which got me started on my road to studying and eventually living in Japan. I was a student at FSU at the time, and was able to hire the professional taiko team who performed at EPCOT to come and do a show in our student union as part of a culture festival.

Also, as an former EPCOT employee, how do you feel about the Maelstrom/Frozen thing?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If we are just talking about Disneyland Park vs The Magic Kingdom at WDW, then I'm willing to hear the case you want to try to make. But if we're talking about comparing the entire Disneyland resort vs the WDW resort, it's WDW no question and no competition.