• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California

Between this and the lack of merchandise available right after the reveal, does Disney not understand what it has on its hands here? Baby Yoda alone is a billion dollar business. I mentioned Baby Yoda to my mom last night and I kid you not, she had tears of love welling in her eyes at the very thought. More than I've ever seen when she looks at me.

Also, can you copyright a GIF? I know it's their IP but I've never heard of a copyright claim against a GIF.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
There's also zero scenes from The Mandalorian on Youtube. This is an absolutely stupid policy.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Lol...I can understand removing for profit YouTube videos but gifs? Cmon

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
U8PTt4j.jpg

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this article a few minutes ago and was left confused as hell. The tweet says some Giphy gifs got copyrighted but, like, why? And it's not like you can't find a billion of Baby Yoda gifs everywhere, at most they just seem to have been removed from one website for whatever reason.

I wish the author of the article had actually tried to look into this and not just posted a Tweet.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
OP burying the lead about he and his mother might want to sit down and have a serious heart to heart.

OP
OP

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Saw this article a few minutes ago and was left confused as hell. The tweet says some Giphy gifs got copyrighted but, like, why? And it's not like you can't find a billion of Baby Yoda gifs everywhere, at most they just seem to have been removed from one website for whatever reason.

I wish the author of the article had actually tried to look into this and not just posted a Tweet.
They've also been removed from the default GIF search in iMessage.

Oct 25, 2017
How stupid could you be. This is literally how word of mouth works on the internet. Go after the torrent sites if you must, but stamping out clips and gifs? This is so fucking boomer of Disney. Shit like this is why the original Plastic Love got taken down from Youtube.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

So, companies like Disney have full-time teams of people and lawyers who's job it is is to scour the internet and file IP claims.

They're getting paid to do this all the time, always. Baby Yoda just happens to be getting attention for it because it's noticeable atm.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
If you see these .gifs and are from a region not covered by Disney+, please report yourself to the nearest police officer.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure they can actually do that

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Merch was announced a few days ago. T shirts went up Friday and the rest is supposed to be up for the holidays.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember the last time I saw any character get this level of support from a fandom.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Didn't know where these baby Yodas were coming from, but they're all over my FB feed

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
So I might be missing something but that article just says that one person's gifs from one website were pulled.