Status
Not open for further replies.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

Ok well, that's one March announcement they were holding back on.

Schedule hasn't been released yet. So I think we still have another one on deck.

Probably not The Way of Water though. I'm not seeing it uploaded to the server. Unless Disney caught onto me using that as a sign of an announcement coming and is no longer doing that pre-announcement.

But I'm pretty confident we have another one that's preventing the March 2023 list from getting dropped. The question is what exactly though.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ok well, that's one March announcement they were holding back on.

Schedule hasn't been released yet. So I think we still have another one on deck.

Probably not The Way of Water though. I'm not seeing it uploaded to the server. Unless Disney caught onto me using that as a sign of an announcement coming and is no longer doing that pre-announcement.

But I'm pretty confident we have another one that's preventing the March 2023 list from getting dropped. The question is what exactly though.

Avatar before the Oscars would be nice

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Avatar before the Oscars would be nice

They're cutting it close if they want to announce it coming a few weeks in advance like Wakanda Forever.

Honestly, if we don't hear anything by Next Friday, I'm thinking it's an April release. I was feeling 50/50 on March and April because I figured Cameron was the only one with enough clout to get WB lawyers to hold off yelling about the modified contract for faster delivery dates to HBO Max. Looking like that may have been correct.

No later than April though. WBD may have been convinced to stand down considering the relaunched new service is on the way. If it was moved to an April launch, getting Avatar in the first month alongside D+ would make the execs happy.

Starburns

Oct 30, 2017
Denver
My wife and I watched Limitless with Chris Hemsworth this week while home sick. I really enjoyed it, though it touched on some tough topics. If you like him, safe to say you'll like this.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
- It's dropping on a Friday instead.
I mean we know why.
mandalorian.gif

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that's huge!

And yeah, I'm now 100% convinced that was the reason for the schedule delay. I will be shocked if we don't receive it within the next two hours.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
If they're not, marketing told scheduling to keep their mouths shut for something else. And I'm kind of questioning what that would be.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
The department could have also been gutted since the website was taken down lol

Eh, they're not going to not release schedules.

P+ and Peacock don't have direct websites and monthly schedules still come out before the 1st of every month

Edit: Confirmed going out to websites. But I need to confirm episode counts for some show drops. Stand by for the thread

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Ok so, I haven't made a full list thread yet, because most of the websites that have the list are not ones I want to source. Except for What's On Disney Plus. But the problem is, they don't confirm the episode count for Kiff or Secrets of Sulphur Springs (the latter is important because I legit can't tell if it's a full season drop or not). Also, it's a pain in the neck to copy the list into the post. As soon as I get a list from a trustworthy website, I'll make a full thread.

Couple notes though:
1) Doogie Kamealoha M.D. Season 2 is a full season drop. So uhhh, red flag for future seasons on that. Especially with cost cutting. Although putting Doogie Howser in the same month as a warm up might be a sign that it's not 100% dead future wise.

View: https://twitter.com/DisneyPlus/status/1626266406126862337?cxt=HHwWgoC-9cKr1JEtAAAA

2) Raimi Spider-Man films are leaving Hulu at the end of March. Either they're going back to US Netflix, going to US Disney+ because the Disney lawyers figured out how to sidestep Comcast, or Sony has a pre-existing contract they have to fulfill. Either way though, April 2023 is going to be interesting.

Oh also more Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur episodes coming next month btw. It's going to be a batch of 5 on March 8th.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, National Treasure did show up on Nielsen during the finale, which the other shows didn't. So it has a slight chance because of that. Slight.

Willow depends on how much clout Lucasfilms has. Cliffhangering a franchise that's not one of your big ones though was probably not the wisest idea. Hope Lucasfilms has a back-up plan if they can't get a full season try and give the franchise an ending. Otherwise someone is going to bug them for the next 30 years again.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
I liked the national treasure show, presumably it's a lot cheaper than Willow but rooting for both. National treasure didn't end on a cliffhanger but Willow definitely did haha.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Here's what's left Originals wise

Mando
Willow (Pending, charted, chuds mad)
National Treasure
Loki (2nd season, likely wrapping up)
Andor (2024)
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series
Doogie Kameāloha, M.D. (Binge Drop, bad sign but worked for most Hulu shows funny enough)
The Santa Clauses
Monsters at Work
Bad Batch
What If...?
The Proud Family: Louder and Prouder (Pending, just premiered S2)
Magic of Disney's Animal Kingdom (Chapeked to TV)
Behind the Attraction
Epic Adventures with Bertie Gregory
The Quest (Pending)
Turning the Tables with Robin Roberts

Also the international fare which Iger is considering a slowdown on.

I haven't heard projects in development stopping yet but D+ is becoming a wild card if these 2 shows can get merked.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Not quite all. Chip n Dale Park Life got a season 2 thanks to Rescue Rangers. That's in production as well.

If Willow charted (like Nielsen charted. I forget if it did), for a non-Star Wars franchise from Lucasfilms, that's pretty good. Either they adjust the budget or do less episodes (or both), and they could make a case for it. Keep it in their back pocket for when they need to space out Star Wars and Marvel.

High School Musical I could see wrapping at four, but I mean... It does well for D+. There's a reason it made it to four. And it's way cheaper to make than other shows. Both factors for a non-marvel/Star Wars is a pretty tempting offer for Disney heads to keep (heck, that's why The Santa Clauses went from limited series to getting a second season).

Proud Family is getting promoted like crazy in-app. I'm looking at the app right now and a row of links to direct episode files is right below the carousel. I have never seen that for a D+ original before. And I think that's important to note. I'm going to say it gets a Season 3 and they're told "give it a proper ending so no one gets mad when we say it's done" at a minimum.

Star Wars Animated they keep mining from for future projects. And they know they get press from animated character appearances. And they remember the demand for a Clone Wars ending. They won't can Bad Batch without a proper ending in place. That gets at least one more season.

Iger is not letting Mando wrap without a proper ending. That's one of the service's House of Dragons/The Last of Us tier shows. No one needs to worry about that getting unexpectedly canned under Iger's watch.

If Loki has a plan to wrap up properly with S2, then no need to comment on it's status. Besides, even if it were canned, Marvel Studios always finds a way to deliver on teases. Always. Closure will come one way or another.

Everything I didn't mention in this post or the last one (re: national treasure) is at risk of being done after production wraps.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going to lie, Proud Family still hanging in the US trending at a decent position, and the additional promotion across the app after a full season drop is making me believe there's a good shot at a Season 3. This may be one of the few season drops that doesn't result in a cancellation.

Watch they cancel it this week to spite me.

Next on Disney+: March 2023 (US)
OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Next on Disney+: March 2023 (US)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odnRRZKhNPk

Wednesday 1st March 2023

• The Mandalorian – Season 3 – Episode 1
  • Star Wars: The Bad Batch – Season 2 – Episode 211 "Metamorphosis"
  • Eureka! (S1, 4 episodes)
  • Going Fur Gold (S1)

Friday 3rd March 2023

• Finding Michael
  • Dino Death Match
  • The Next Mega Tsunami

Tuesday 7th March 2022

• Voices Rising: The Music Of Wakanda Forever Episode 2: "Mexico: Con La Brisa"

Wednesday 8th March 2023

• The Mandalorian – Season 3 – Episode 2
  • Star Wars: The Bad Batch – Season 2 – Episode 212 "The Outpost"
  • M Power
  • Africa's Deadliest (S2, S3, S4, S5)
  • Chibiverse (S1)
  • Marvel's Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (S1, 5 episodes)
  • Spidey and His Amazing Friends (S2, 4 episodes)

Friday 10th March 2023

• Chang Can Dunk

Tuesday 14th March 2023

• NHL Big City Greens
  • Voices Rising: The Music Of Wakanda Forever Episode 3: "London: Bring It Home"

Wednesday 15th March 2023

• The Mandalorian – Season 3 – Episode 3
  • Star Wars: The Bad Batch – Season 2 – Episode 213 "Pabu"
  • Kiff
  • Turning The Tables With Robin Roberts – Season 2
  • Engineering Connections (S1, S2)
  • Firebuds (S1, 4 episodes)
  • Doogie Howser, M.D – Seasons 1 – 4

Friday 17th March 2023

• Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming, with Dave Letterman
  • Hippo VS. Croc

Wednesday 22nd March 2023

• The Mandalorian – Season 3 – Episode 4
  • Star Wars: The Bad Batch – Season 2 – Episode 214 "Tipping Point"
  • How to Win at Everything (S1)
  • Kiya & the Kimoja Heroes (S1, 4 episodes)
  • Restaurants at the End of the World (S1)
  • Superstructures: Engineering Marvels (S1)

Friday 24th March 2023

• Witness Disaster

Saturday 25th March 2023

• Saturdays (S1, 6 episodes)
  • Secrets of Sulphur Springs (S3)

Wednesday 29th March 2023

• The Mandalorian – Season 3 – Episode 5
  • Star Wars: The Bad Batch – Season 2 – Episode 215 "The Summit" & Episode 216 "Plan 99"
  • Crimes Against Nature (S2)
  • Disney Junior Mickey Mouse Funhouse (S2, 4 episodes)
  • Incredibly Small World (S1)

Friday 31st March 2023

• Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. – Season 2
  • Prom Pact
  • Worst Weather Ever?

whatsondisneyplus.com

What’s Coming To Disney+ In March 2023 (US)

https://youtu.be/LIRHYws-nrU Disney+ is getting plenty of new content throughout March in the United States with new episodes of “Star Wars: The Mandalorian”, and “Star Wars: The Bad Batch”, and much more. NOTE ...

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87gmvp8lOjE

March 28 for digital, so maybe sometime in April for D+?

Originally I was saying that. But if Cameron was able to successfully pull a Cruise on an exclusive PVOD window. I'm going to say two things:
1) He'll probably have gotten an exclusive physical window also like Cruise did with Top Gun Maverick.
2) Streaming won't be allowed until after that.

This may actually be a June/July D+ release now. Which... Is technically shorter than the nine month wait to streaming 20th Century Studios was giving HBO/HBO Max. So I guess how they get the WB lawyers from saying "hey, we had a deal. We share streaming launch for the 2022 20th Century Studios films if you speed things up."

If it is somehow early, then it would be May. But I'm now estimating June/July, with it leaning towards July. April I'm putting at 0 percent chance. If PVOD is launching before Streaming, Cameron won't let it go to streaming shortly after.

Edit: I would not be shocked if Quantumania was on D+ before The Way of Water is at this point.

Last edited:

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
I can see May only because it seems D+ already has stuff for lined up for March-April, if things line up, Avatar is May-June and Quantumania is June-July.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I can see May only because it seems D+ already has stuff for lined up for March-April, if things line up, Avatar is May-June and Quantumania is June-July.

I'll agree on Quantumania in June if the PVOD is released pre-streaming. Otherwise, I'm putting chips on Quantum in May around Guardians in theaters, and Avatar for June/July.

Honestly, I think Cameron is going to pull a Cruise a force a physical exclusive window for a month before streaming. I think that's going to happen in May. He wants to prevent it going to streaming as long as possible.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, Iger basically said at a conference PVOD windows are coming back. So we'll be waiting longer on all films now.

I'm predicting Avatar in June still. I think they're going to have a physical window specially for Cameron.

I'm now agreeing Quantumania will be July.

I think May they'll have Secret Invasion, they'll be fine without a theatrical movie.

I really, really hope for the streaming only crowd no shows that spoil plot points for films go to streaming before said films end up on the service. I haven't seen Quantumania yet, and I'm nervous Loki S2 marketing and talk is going to just cause Quantumania spoilers to flood everywhere. (People have already been skirting because of general consensus outside the Marvel threads. I'm not thrilled by it. Quality shouldn't mean spoiler policy is gone)

EDIT: You all saw Secret Invasion. Not another title I typed without thinking.

Last edited:

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Alright, Iger basically said at a conference PVOD windows are coming back. So we'll be waiting longer on all films now.

I'm predicting Avatar in June still. I think they're going to have a physical window specially for Cameron.

I'm now agreeing Quantumania will be July.

I think May they'll have Secret Invasion, they'll be fine without a theatrical movie.

I really, really hope for the streaming only crowd no shows that spoil plot points for films go to streaming before said films end up on the service. I haven't seen Quantumania yet, and I'm nervous Loki S2 marketing and talk is going to just cause Quantumania spoilers to flood everywhere. (People have already been skirting because of general consensus outside the Marvel threads. I'm not thrilled by it. Quality shouldn't mean spoiler policy is gone)

EDIT: You all saw Secret Invasion. Not another title I typed without thinking.
Not surprised. The rush to get stuff on streaming (Disney+ or otherwise) always seemed like an aberration.

I don't have high hopes for any location on the internet being able to properly respect a spoiler-free environment prior to the streaming drop. It's hard enough just to make it to the theatrical release.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Not shocking but I do wonder about original D+ films. We know we got some still this year and some ready to film. It's just man, today was barren, does t help Hulu snatched up one D+ original this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.