• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
So the reason for that is because Disney needs permission from whoever signed Hulu contracts to also have them appear in Disney+ in the US. If they don't get permission, they can only have it in Hulu.

It's case by case basis it appears. Sand Land, a Disney+ Original in Japan, is only allowed for Hulu due to contract stuff.

Even with Sony Pictures, they've approved a lot of Sony films to be in the Hulu section, but they didn't approve Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle. Despite also approving Jumanji. It's very weird. That or specific pre-existing contracts prevent Disney and Sony from also allowing it on US Disney+ for the time being.

Ah ok. Well, good to have you back regardless!
Ah, dang. The bundle saves a lot for me so of course there was a catch, sigh.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Funny thing, it was on Hulu-only for like a day, and then showed up on D+ the other day.
(Edit: Speaking on the Hulu hub on D+, which I realized after what this about. Same for the below.)

What is weird, is I've seen some stuff on D+ get booted off fast, and then stay on Hulu. I had The Royal Hotel on my watchlist, and I'm pretty sure it was only on D+ a couple weeks, and then dropped off but was still on Hulu.

There's other weird inconsistencies too, like Undead Unluck. D+ only gets the dub version of the show (which is several eps behind) and now with the season ending it's run, the sub version is still locked on only Hulu.

Wtf. It's on there? (Checks)

... Disney, why do you have to be so weird about adding things. At least say it's in the new additions SOMEWHERE.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Charlie's Angels 2019 is, for the time being at least, Hulu App exclusive, along with Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (there's probably more, but going down every non-marvel Sony film would require free time I don't have right now).

We'll have to wait for Sony Pictures to give the greenlight on some films to appear outside the Hulu app, or wait for whatever contract to expire.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
random reminder that Sand Land, the anime, is on D+. Just mentioning that because I literally had no idea, and there might be others lol.

I can't tell because I already subscribe to Hulu, but do non Hulu subscribers get access as well?

Hulu also kind of sucks bringing new stuff up, unless I'm missing something, because I had to search for SandLand the other day to find it, if I didn't already know it was out I would've missed it completely.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I can't tell because I already subscribe to Hulu, but do non Hulu subscribers get access as well?

Hulu also kind of sucks bringing new stuff up, unless I'm missing something, because I had to search for SandLand the other day to find it, if I didn't already know it was out I would've missed it completely.
It shows up as Stars content for me, but I'm not sure if that's a EU/us thing

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
There are too many other blue streaming apps, it makes sense as a visual differentiator.

I mean, stuff like MAX used to be purple and then changed to blue (and now Tubi changed to purple from the orange). Prime is blue, but a lighter shade. Disney was a darker shade from both, and not sure what other streaming apps were close to it. Netflix changed a few times, probably because the red was too close to Youtube at the time, now both are quite different. My most confusing one is Patreon and Peacock both being black P's.

Cinnamon

Jan 18, 2023
I do think the growing number of blue streaming apps was getting confusing. So I can't blame Disney for making color adjustments.

Personally, I preferred when Max/HBO Max was purple. It gave the service a more unique visual identity.

GC273aFWgAAwMPx

Last edited:

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I do think the growing number of blue streaming apps was getting confusing. So I can't blame Disney for making color adjustments.

Personally, I preferred when Max/HBO Max was purple. It gave the service a more unique visual identity.

GC273aFWgAAwMPx

Oh I haven't used the Paramount app, so didn't realize that was also blue. Yeah I wish Max was left at purple, but I guess someone over there decided that the Discovery addition/rebrand needed to give it a new identity.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Hrm. Not seeing the carousel on the Android Mobile app. Weird. Hope they fix that soon.

-------------

deadline.com

In Disney Proxy Battle, A Second Advisory Firm Backs Activist Investor Nelson Peltz

Proxy advisory firm Egan-Jones on Wednesday became the second one to support activist Nelson Peltz's effort to win seats on the Disney board.

Proxy advisory company Egan-Jones on Wednesday became the second independent firm to support activist Nelson Peltz's effort to secure seats on the Disney board.

"We see very little downside and a lot of upsides in putting the Trian nominees on the board," Egan-Jones said in an announcement.

(Slams head multiple times)

Egan-Jones said the company's business model is "built for the last decade, but not forward looking

(SLAMS HEAD FASTER AFTER PELTZ RECENT COMMENTS ABOUT WOMEN, ALL BLACK CASTS AND LQBTQIA+ REPRESENTATION)

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
So, any reason why Hulu is not appearing for me on the D+ app on Android? The color is still blue and I've updated the app

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Hrm. Not seeing the carousel on the Android Mobile app. Weird. Hope they fix that soon.

-------------

deadline.com

In Disney Proxy Battle, A Second Advisory Firm Backs Activist Investor Nelson Peltz

Proxy advisory firm Egan-Jones on Wednesday became the second one to support activist Nelson Peltz's effort to win seats on the Disney board.

(Slams head multiple times)

(SLAMS HEAD FASTER AFTER PELTZ RECENT COMMENTS ABOUT WOMEN, ALL BLACK CASTS AND LQBTQIA+ REPRESENTATION)
This is barely his first/second recommendation?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh. The carousel wasn't there because they were updating it on Mobile to look like Max, Netflix, P+, ect. That makes sense.

So, any reason why Hulu is not appearing for me on the D+ app on Android? The color is still blue and I've updated the app

It's because they can't send out updates to every platform at the same time. It'll come eventually. And it's not like the actual UI changes/content require the update.

It's more like the updates are for the non-online stuff or anything that isn't a major guts change.

This is barely his first/second recommendation?

Yes, I'm just frustrated at the stupidity of this group is all.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Nelson Peltz is the guy who got his daughter to play Katara (in the Avatar movie), right? That's basically all you need to know.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like Tengoku finally moved over to D+ as I think the last anime Hulu Original that needed to do so... however it looks like Undead Unluck might still be under some old deal, with only the dub available on D+ and the sub locked to the Hulu app. Some movies also still seem locked to Hulu still, as well.

Oct 26, 2017
So I was trying to cancel my subscription which runs out in a few days, and when I click the button I get an error message. If I cancel the payments through Paypal, will that work or will Disney ban me forever?

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
US Disney+ has enabled the trending section again, now with Hulu content showing up on the board.

Now, to be clear, we still don't have a reason to believe trending is in order. Some shows have performed well despite barely showing up on trending. Some have been on the lower end of trending and eventually we learned they did better than expected.

That said, here's what we can gather for US Trending, which we know is directly impacting project decisions:
- FX's Shogun is doing really well with the Disney+ audience
- IF order is accurate, Family Guy is outperforming The Simpsons and would be the 4th highest thing watched on US Disney+
- Unsurprisingly, The Bachelor is being watched a lot on the service
- People like cop shows: The Rookie, 9-1-1, and Criminal Minds are doing well on the service.
- CN's Gumball is doing well with the D+ audience
- Bob's Burgers and Futurama are doing well. Disney will probably continue investing in the adult animation franchises they have (Unsurprisingly)
- Disney's deal for Greg's Anatomy paid off. It's being watched by the D+ audience
- Abbot Elementary is doing well on Disney+
- Nickelodeon's Thundermans is clicking with the audience (might also be a boost from the returns movie on Paramount+)
- Good Doctor is doing well
- BBC's Sherlock is getting watched a lot on the service, despite little notice of it's arrival on the service.
- Full House is on the tail end of trending

I'm expecting the following actions to be taken by Disney in the future if these trends keep going:
- Family Guy, Bob's Burgers, and Futurama at minimum start getting more associated with the Disney brand in the way Disney has done with The Simpsons post 20th Century buyout (as in you notice it more at D23, Disney does more cross promotion)
- Not that this wasn't going to happen already with FX and Hulu performance, and just general success of FX shows, but more projects like Shogun will be invested in
- Providing that Doctor Who Season 1 does better in the trending section than the 60th specials, Disney works more with the BBC for additional library content.

Pet Rock

Mar 14, 2018

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Don't worry everyone! Now that the Hulu Add-On is officially out of beta, the team can just work on UI improvements! Clearly, there will be no more distractions when it comes to getting "Continued Watching" added to Disney+. Nothing at al-

*person runs up behind and whispers ESPN+*

... Don't worry everyone it'll come in 2026-2027! Maybe! Who knows!

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Wait, so even now that it's official out of beta, D+ still doesn't have all Hulu content? I just checked and D+ still only has Fargo S5, but Hulu has all 5 seasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.