• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cassian almost feels like a blank slate. It could be a good show but it will also be on the show to make him interesting in the first place

Some bullet points:

*Rogue One co-screenwriter Tony Gilroy writing the pilot episode

*Alan Tudyk returning as K-2SO

*Synopsis: "The rousing spy thriller will explore tales filled with espionage and daring missions to restore hope to a galaxy in the grip of a ruthless Empire."
Alan Tudyk being back is great news. Seeing them work together is something I might be interested in.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
Well, i'll give it a watch.
But The Mandalorian has a bit of a saturday afternoon Hercules / Xena vibe at this point.

Romez

Nov 11, 2017
Don't have high hopes for this after The Mandalorian has disappointed.

Rogue One is my favourite SW film too.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm giving you the side eye if you don't wanna see a latino falling in love with a slug.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
A series NO ONE asked for.

I bet this gets cancelled after 1st sesson.

You don't make shows based on what people ask for. You make them want what they didn't know they wanted. There's wasn't some sort of great pining for a story about a high school chemistry teacher making meth before Breaking Bad but I'm glad we got it.

Fantomex

Oct 25, 2017
The Mandalorian has made me thirsty for all of their Start Wars series from this point on. I would even watch a show about Dexter Jettser's diner at this point.

Deleted member 41638

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Donny Yen's character would've been a better choice imo. This series could be cool but based on the character it sounds like it will just be Rebels live action edition.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in for more K2. Bring on Rogue 0

Guarantee we'll see more Saw. Idk why Star Wars has such a hard on for him as a character lately between the films, animation, games, and now this probably.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Not interested in this, or Mando after the last two episodes.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Can't pretend I won't watch it, but prequels are rarely ever my thing. It's a lot harder to build tension in prequels.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Couldn't care less about this. Rogue One is my least favorite of the new movies and this character was totally forgettable. Meh.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Sure. There are a wealth of Jason Borne action-esque media out there. I don't know why it wouldn't work in the SW universe.

Would people be more excited if it were someone besides Cassian?

We already know how Cassian's story ends and he's not a terribly exciting character to begin with.

With the Mando, you have a sense of mystery of who this guy is.

Personally, the sci fi parts of Star Wars are the least interesting parts to me.

Make a series on a Sith Lord or something or one of the Witches of Dathomir.

Why is Disney choosing to not explore other eras?

Oct 27, 2017
Cassian almost feels like a blank slate. It could be a good show but it will also be on the show to make him interesting in the first place

Alan Tudyk being back is great news. Seeing them work together is something I might be interested in.

There's a video in the past day from Walt Disney Studios channel on Youtube where you can see this now.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Would people be more excited if it were someone besides Cassian?

Yes. Give us new characters instead, and tell new stories using those. They literally chose one of the most boring side characters in Rogue One and making a series about him when he has such a short window of plot to work with. We know where he's heading and his fate, so we need to see the origins of this random guy? K2 is great though so that's gonna be the draw of the show no doubt, but Cassian himself, what a bore.

This is not much different from when they announced Solo, so many fans just were like "eh". Kenobi on the other hand is such a popular character with a good 20 years of story line they get to play with, the fans like Ewan and there is actual excitement for that. But Cassian? What?

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Legitimately, I would take any of the other Rogue One characters getting their own show over this.

But the idea of Tom Reacher/Jack Ryan/Jason Bourne in space is not a bad one. Was Cassian Andor that character? Heck no

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, Mando has been a pretty terrible watch for me. Not excited at all. Wake me up when the GOAT Obi-wan premiers. I'd like more Jedi/Sith stories to go along with Mando type lore shows. D even love a live action clone war mini series following some battles or something. Rogue one was a good movie, just don't really remember the character too much to care 🤷🏽‍♂️

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
It's kind of funny, if this was a brand new character and the series was titled "Star Wars: Underworld" or something similar and had the exact same story people would be a lot more into it

Just because you didn't care about this guy in R1 doesn't mean this can't be a good story. I have zero expectations for it, but I'm not going to have any preemptive caution based around his role in Rogue One and how interesting or not interesting it was there either.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
I don't get the Star Wars obsession with filling out the backstory of random characters.

JoJoBae

Oct 25, 2017
Layton, UT
"Should've Been Kyle Katarn: A Star Wars Story"

No I'm not still salty leave me alone
I do love Diego Luna though so this is okay with me.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Hard to get too excited about a prequel when you already know the ultimate fate of the main character, but on the other hand K2 is one of the best droids in Star Wars . . . so I'll get a bit excited. :p

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bohdi was the MAIN character I was salty they didn't do jack shit with. They even mind fuck him for half the movie... fuck Rouge One lol

Eh, to be fair he's literally the one who named Rogue One Rogue One and he's the one who gets to plug the cable in the end and notify the Rebellion about the incoming Death Star plan transmission. I'd say that qualifies as doing something.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't pretend I won't watch it, but prequels are rarely ever my thing. It's a lot harder to build tension in prequels.

Hard to get too excited about a prequel when you already know the ultimate fate of the main character, but on the other hand K2 is one of the best droids in Star Wars . . . so I'll get a bit excited. :p

Do you think the Mandalorian is ever in any real danger in his show?

Everyone dies.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, the second most boring character from the most boring movie gets his own show...

Qi'ra show next?

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Cassian Andor was my favourite character in Rogue One, but this pitch sounds awful.

"We're going to meet his sister and see Cassian as a teenager!"

Yay? Am I supposed to be excited for that?