Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Disney kinda does nothing with these people. I've a lot of Trump supporters just proudly show off their merch when there's a lot of Haitians, Hispanics.

There's people who're affected by the Parkland shooting who come to the resort and I've seen a guest putting a Info War pillow on the window for everyone to see. Like what the fuck?

aerach71

Sep 25, 2018
Ireland
The party that thinks calling White people a racist is worse than racism itself? I guess my point was, if a group of mostly black parade participants chose to represent White culture as slavery and racism, the Right would absolutely lose their minds to a law changing level, but they are totally cool with this kind of blatant racism directed at Minorities.

I think you missed some context in your original point, but even at that, if a group of non white kids did a "celebration" of white culture that was just doing klan shit... The right would enjoy that

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I think you missed some context in your original point, but even at that, if a group of non white kids did a "celebration" of white culture that was just doing klan shit... The right would enjoy that
I really don't think so. Not publically anyway. "Racism" against them outrage is their bread and butter these days.

they love to pretend that the only racism that exists is against them and that would line up.

They are literally trying to cancel "critical race" theory nationwide as we speak.

I think perhaps you misinterpret my post as me saying White people aren't racist are are ashamed of their past racism. It is actually the opposite. They want to gaslight the country that the only racism that exists is against them.

Last edited:

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
Bro, your school district isn't the real victims here.

We've known that a bunch of white people dressing like native Americans and doing mock rain dances or whatever and screaming scalp them is racist for well over 40 years.

My school district was in the news for using confederate imagery when I was in school and I promise a lot of overt racism was being peddled as 'school pride' then too.

The district should look in the mirror and get rid of the mascot, songs and :checks notes: headresses.

I don't care about the school district. It's weird that they haven't changed it yet for sure. I'm just trying to defend the community of people I grew up with. I just want people to see them as more than what this all looks like from afar.

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
I'm from (and still am, unfortunately) Port Neches. It's 90 percent rotten, with 10 percent of us stuck here for some shitty reason or another.

I have kids that go to these schools. It's the worst and you have to be careful criticizing because the last thing you'd want to do is paint a target on your kids back. The school staff and board are nearly unanimously on board and will likely dig their heels harder after this.

I went to these schools, too. At a very young age (kindergarten) you're learning the fight song which includes the "scalp 'em Indians, scalp 'em" chant. It's utterly racist and bizarre, but the kids have been doing it for so long it's normal to them. It takes the parents to make the kids understand what's fucked up about the entire thing and you aren't going to get that in this bigot town with the vast majority of parents.

There are, like any town, good people here. But the leadership and most of the older generation are the worst, biggest Trumpers you'll ever meet.

Port Neches sucks ass and so do our neighbors. PN-G's biggest football rival the Nederland Bulldogs did the dumbest, most pathetic response in solidarity the last time this controversy came up and took a mascot picture with the Bulldog and our mascot, the Indian Spirit, together. The Indian Spirit is a white kid dressed … just Google it.

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about the school district. It's weird that they haven't changed it yet for sure. I'm just trying to defend the community of people I grew up with. I just want people to see them as more than what this all looks like from afar.
Why do you care more about the momentary embarassment of a community of people who abated racism than the dignity of the marginalized group they dressed in offensive costumes of for decades?

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Why do you care more about the momentary embarassment of a community of people who abated racism than the dignity of the marginalized group they dressed in offensive costumes of for decades?

There are fractions of the community that are OK but the greater community is dreadful. I would never defend Southeast Texas (SETX) outside of being the home of UGK (PAT is a neighbor).

For the sake of my own kids in these schools I can't go scorched earth, but some of the shit I've seen the teachers post on FB is horrifying.

I have more confidence in the kids coming through there now, but my oldest kid has seen straight up racism in the halls go completely ignored.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone

Your posts are hard to read honestly. This is literally the "this is not who I am" defense applied to an entire town that is mostly made up of people you don't know very well at all, and you don't seem to have any awareness of that. Nobody cares to look closer and it doesn't matter if your community is "more" or not. I'm gonna take a wild guess that most of them are just fine with the school carrying on like this and share your stomach-turning prioritization of their concerns for their reputations. As long as your community continues to enable this overtly racist behavior, this *is* exactly who they are.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Fuck Disney. Heads need to roll over there. Boot Chapek and put a queer POC at the head of the company.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
As an enrolled member of an indigenous tribe, I'd like to say thanks. Thanks for othering us yet again without any concern given. I'm not really shocked or surprised since no thought is ever given to indigenous people or their issues but what the flying fuck, Disney. And that town and school can go to hell.

Stop defending this bullshit by saying the people in the community are good people. Stand up against this and say something. Remaining silent is being complicit.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know a single person I went to school with that I would consider racist. I am also gay and was out in high school there and was met with acceptance even back in 2002-03 from peers and teachers.
Let me guess, you're white? I went to high school in a blue area of a blue state that knew enough not to have openly racist mascots, cheers, etc and somehow managed to find plenty of racism on a near daily basis. I'm glad people accepted you but let's be real here.

Oct 27, 2017
Offensive and ignorant always seem to go hand in hand. "Indianettes"? In the year of our Lord 2022, these 'Columbus award of the year' aholes still don't know what fucking Continent they're on.

Last edited:

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
My high school was the rebels, dixien
was our fight song and a confederate soldier was our mascot.

I managed to not clap along to a fucking minstrel song and during my time we got the confederate flag banned from games with massive student protests and the help of the naacp.

Subsequent generations chipped away at it till they were renamed rhe eagles or some shit.

The kids and adults taking part in this have a choice.

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Bob Chapek really gunning hard for the title of world's most incompetent CEO here, between this, the Don't Say Gay fallout, pissing off Scarlett Johansson and trying to gaslight her, having a fallout with the one guy who could save his ass (Bob Iger), the changes to the theme parks that pissed off everyone… has he done anything right?

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
The week Disney is under fire for funding homophobic laws being the same one they had booked the Racism School to perform is honestly pretty hilarious.

The more I read about Port Neche-Groves, the more horrified I am too.